Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Work, which is common for all the competitive exams . We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!
- If P can do 1/3 of the work in 5 days and Q can do ¼ of the work in 6 days, then how much money will Q get if they were paid a total of 390 ruppee.
d) 190Answer –b) 150
P can alone complete the whole work in 15 days and Q can complete the same work alone in 24 days. So ratio of work done by them 1/15 : 1/24 i.e 8 : 5
Q get = (5/13)*390 = 150
- A total of 960 rupees is given to three people A, B and C. A and B together can complete 7/12 and C and B together can complete 5/12. So, how much amount should be given to A.
d) 660Answer –c) 280
(work done by) : (work done by B and C)
A:B = 7:12 & C:B = 5:12 => A:B:C = 7:12:5
So amount to be paid to A = (7/24)*960 = 280
- Three printing press P, Q and R can print 1 lack books in 5 hrs, 15 hrs and 10 hrs respectively. If all the press starts at 10 am and press R is stopped after 2 hrs then at what time work will be complete.
a) 12 pm
b) 1 pm
d) 3pmAnswer – b) 1 pm
Time taken by P = 5hrs, Q = 15hr and R = 10 hrs
(1/5+1/15+1/10)*2 + (1/5 + 1/15)*X = 1 (X = time taken to do remaining work)
after solving we get X = 1. So 2+1 = 3hrs. i.e at 1pm work will be completed.
- Arun can do a piece of work in 30 days. Rohan who is 40% more efficient than arun can finish the work in how many days.
d) 142/7Answer – b) 150/7
In one day work done by arun is 1/30 and rohan is 40% more efficient than arun , so one day work of rohan = (140/100)*1/30 = 7/150.
So time taken by rohan will be 150/7
- 3 men and 4 women can complete a piece of work in 12 while the same is finished by 2 men and one woman in 15 days. A boy who is 25% less efficient than that of man can complete the piece of work in how many days.
d) 450/11Answer –a) 400/11
3m + 4w = 1/12
2m + w = 1/15. After solving we one day work of man = 33/900
One day work of the boy is= 75/100*(33/900) = 11/400. So no of days needed will be 400/11.
- Priya take 8 hours to draw 60 pages on a computer while parul takes 6 hours to draw 45 pages on computer. If both are working together in how much time will they draw a lot of 120 pages?
d) 11hrsAnswer –a)8hrs
First calculate no of pages they draw in one hour. For priya it is 60/8 and for parul it is 45/6.
Now total pages they draw in one hour is 60/8 + 45/6 = 15
So to print 120 time they will take = 15*X = 120. So X = 8hrs
- A can finish a work in 15 days and B can finish the work in 25 days. Both of them start working together but B leaves the work 3 days prior to the completion. After how many days B quit the work.
d) 9Answer – a) 7.5
Let ‘X’ days they take to complete the whole work.
(1/15 + 1/25)*(X-3) + 3* (1/15), X = 10.5 days. So he quits after 7.5 days.
- A contractor undertook a job and employed 40 men to do a piece of work in 80 days. But after 60 days he found that only 3/5 of the work is completed. To complete the work in time, how many more men he should employ.
d) 40Answer – d) 40
(40*60)/3 = (x*20)/2
No of men required=80-40 =40
- P, Q and R can complete a piece of work in 9, 18 and 27 days respectively. After 1/3 work is completed P left the work and the remaining work is completed by Q and R together. Find the days required to complete the remaining work.
d) 32/5Answer – c) 36/5
1/3 work is completed so remaining work is 2/3. As P left the job so remaining work will be completed by Q and R. Take X no. of days Q and R take to complete the work.
(1/18 + 1/27)*X = 2/3. So, X = 36/5
- P does half as much work as Q does in 1/5 of the time. Both working together can take 20 days to complete the work. No of days P take to complete the work alone.
d) 35Answer – a) 28
Let Q complete the work in ‘T’ time. In one day, work done by Q is equal to 1/T. In five days, work done by Q is 5/T.
It is given that P does half as much work in 1/5 of the time. So P does 1/2 of the work. i.e 5/2T
So (1/T + 5/2T) = 1/20. So T = 70.
So P takes 2T/5 days. (2*70)/5 = 28days.
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.