India’s HeenaSidhu clinched gold medal in the 10m air pistol women’s event at the 13th Asian Shooting Championship held in Kuwait city.
She won a gold at the Asian Air Gun Championship with an excellent shot 198.2 in the finals defeated Mongolian Gundegma Otreyad(198). Jangmi Kim of Korea won the bronze(176.2).
Other breakthroughs by Indians in the event
- 10m air pistol junior women’s event-ShriNivetha(Gold), ShreyaGawande, ShriNivetha and OshinTawani won the team gold
- 10M air pistol youth women’s event – NayaniBharadwaj (374), HarshadaNithave (374) and MalaikaGoel (365) won gold.
- 25m pistol men’s junior event-ShivamShukla won gold, Shivam, Arjun Das and AchalPratapGrewal-won the silver medal
- Junior skeet men’s competition-AngadBajwa(individual gold), AngadBajwa (121), AnantNaruka (112) and Arjun Mann (114) shot a total of 347 to walk away with the team gold also in this category
Medal tally(TOP 5)
- Born in Ludhiana, Punjab, India
- Arjun Award winner in 2014
- 2010 Asian Games held in Guangzhou, China:Heena, Annu Raj Singh and Sonia Rai, won a silver medal(Women’s 10m Air Pistol Team)
- ISSF World Cup 2009 at Beijing won silver medal and 1st position in the women’s 10m air pistol at the national championship 2009, Kerala.
- Gold in the ISSF World Cup Finals –Rifle/Pistol in Munich, Germany
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification