Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question samples from Percentage with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- If x is 20% more than y, then by what percent y is smaller than x.
a) 50/3 %
b) 40/3 %
c) 46/3 %
d) 47/3 %Answer – a) 50/3 %
x = 120y/100 or x = 6y/5
y = 5x/6. Percentage by which y is smaller
Than x is [(x – 5x/6)/x]*100 = 50/3 %
- In an alloy, there is 15% of brass, to get 90 kg of brass, how much alloy is needed ?
a) 400 kg
b) 500 kg
c) 600 kg
d) 700Answer – c) 600 kg
Let X kg of alloy is needed. So, 15/100 of X = 90. So X =600 kg
- 25 litre of solution contains alcohol and water in the ratio 2:3. How much alcohol must be added to the solution to make a solution containing 60% of alcohol ?
a) 10.5 ltr
b) 11.5 ltr
c) 12.5 ltr
d) 13.5 ltrAnswer – c) 12.5 ltr
Initially alcohol 2/5 * 25 = 10 ltr and water is 15 ltr.
To make a solution of 60% alcohol (10+x)/25+x = 60/100. X = 12.5
- In an examination if a person get 20% of the marks then it is fail by 30 marks. Another person who gets 30% marks gets 30 marks more than the passing marks. Find out the total marks and the passing marks.
a) 600 and 150
b) 600 and 180
c) 500 and 150
d) 500 and 180Answer – a) 600 and 150
20% of X = P – 30 (X = Maximum marks and P = passing marks)
30% of X = P + 30. Solve for X and P.
- A company has produced 900 pieces of transistor out of which 15% are defective and out of remaining 20 % were not sold. Find out the number of sold transistor.
d) 614Answer – c) 612
No of transistor sold = 900*(85/100)*(80/100) = 612
- In an election the votes between the winner and loser candidate are in the ratio 5:1. If total number of eligible voters are 1000, out of which 12% did not cast their vote and among the remaining vote 10% declared invalid. What is the number of votes the winner candidate get ?
d) 660Answer – d) 660
Ratio b/w winner and loser 5:1
Total no of votes casted actually = 1000*(88/100)*(90/100) = 792
5x + x = 792, X =132
Votes of winner candidate = 5*132 = 660
- If the price of a commodity is increased by 30%, by how much % a consumer must reduce his consumption so to keep the expenditure same ?
d) 400/13Answer – c) 300/13
If commodity price is increased then reduction in consumption will be
[(increase in price)/100 + increase in price]*100.
(30/130)*100 = 300/13%
- 1000 sweets need to be distributed equally among the school students in such a way that each student gets sweet equal to 10% of total students. Then the number of sweets, each student gets.
d) 16Answer – a) 10
No of students = T. Each student gets 10% of T.
So , T students get T^2/10 sweets.
T^2/10 = 1000. So T = 100. So each student gets 10 sweets
- Rishi salary is first increased by 20% and then decreased by 25%. How much percent the salary increased/decreased ?
d)20%Answer – b) 10%
Take 100 as rishi salary.
Increased by 20% percent = 120.
Then decreased by 25%, i.e = (75/100)*120 = 90.
So percentage decrease is 10%.
- The income of a person is 10000 and its expenditure is 6000 and thus saves 4000rs. In the next year his income is increased by 10% and its expenditure increased by 20%. Now his saving is what percent lower than the previous saving.
d) 15%Answer – a) 5%
Initially I-E = S (I = Income, E = expenditure, S = saving)
10000-6000 = 4000(saving)
Now, I = 11000 and E = 7200. So saving = I – E = 3800.
[(4000-3800)/4000]*100 = 5%
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.