Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question samples from Percentage with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- Veena bought a watch costing Rs. 1404 including sales tax at 8%. She asked the shopkeeper to reduce the price of the watch so that she can save the amount equal to the tax. The reduction of the price of the watch is?
E. None of theseB. Rs.104
1.08x = 1404
x = 1300
The reduction of the price of the watch = 104
- A Sales Executive gets a commission on total sales at 8%. If the sale is exceeded Rs.10,000 he gets an additional commission as a bonus of 4% on the excess of sales over Rs.10,000. If he gets the total commission of Rs.950, then the bonus he received is?
E. None of theseB. 50
Commission up to 10000 = 10000 * 8/100 = 800
Ratio = 2x:x ; Commission = 2x, Bonus = x ;
Bonus = 950 – 800 * 1/3 = 150 * 1/3 = 50
- In a College there are 1800 students. Last day except 4% of the boys all the students were present in the college. Today except 5% of the girls all the students are present in the college, but in both the days number of students present in the college, were same. The number of girls in the college is?
E. 1200C. 800
let Number of girls = 800
Number of boys = 1000
96% of 1000 + 800 = 95% of 800 + 1000[satisfies the condition; Check the condition with other options also]
- In a library 60% of the books are in Hindi, 60% of the remaining books are in English rest of the books are in Malayalam. If there are 4800 books in English, then the total number of books in Malayalam are?
E.None of theseD. 3200
Let there are X books in the library.
Hindi books = 60% of X = 60X /100 = 0.6X
Remaining Books = X – 0.6X = 0.4X
English books = 40% of reaming books = 60% of 0.4X = 0.24X.
Malayalam Books = X-0.6X -0.24X = 0.16X
0.24X = 4800
X = 4800/0.24 = 20000
Malayalam Books = 0.16X = 0.16*20000 = 3200.
- 80% of a small number is 4 less than 40% of a larger number. The larger number is 125 greater than the smaller one. The sum of these two numbers is
E. None of theseC. 355
smaller number = x; larger number = y
0.8x + 4 = 0.4y
4y – 8x = 40
y – x = 125
x = 115; y = 240
x + y = 355
- In a private company 60% of the employees are men and 48% of the employees are Engineer and 66.6% of Engineers are men. The percentage of women who are not engineers is?
E. 45%A. 60%
Men = 600x
Women = 400x
Total engineers = 480x
Male engineers = 480x * 0.66 = 320x
Women who are Engineers = 160x
Women who are not Engineers = 400x – 160x = 240x
Required percentage = 240/400 * 100 = 60%
- Initially, Suresh has Rs.200 in his paytm wallet then he increased it by 20%. Once again he increased his amount by 25%. The final value of money in his wallet will be how much % greater than the initial amount?
E. None of theseB. 50%
200 + 20% of 200 = 240
240 + 25% of 240 = 300
Required percentage = 300 – 200/200 * 100 = 50%
- Mr.Ramesh gives 10% of some amount to his wife and 10% of the remaining to hospital expenses and again 10% of the remaining amount to charity. Then he has only Rs.7290 with him. What is the initial sum of money with that person?
E. Rs.17200C. Rs.10000 Explanation:
Remaining amount = x * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9
0.729x = 7290
x = 10000
- Initially, a shopkeeper had “x” pens. A customer bought 10% of pens from “x” then another customer bought 20% of the remaining pens after that one more customer purchased 25% of the remaining pens. Finally, shopkeeper is left with 270 pens in his shop. How many pens were there initially in his shop?
E. 500E. 500
x = 270 * 10000 / 9 * 8 * 75
x = 500
- The cost of packaging of the oranges is 20% the cost of fresh oranges themselves. The cost of oranges increased by 30% but the cost of packaging decreased by 50%, then the percentage change of the cost of packed oranges, if the cost of packed oranges is equal to the sum of the cost of fresh oranges and cost of packaging
E. None of theseB. 16.66%
Let initial Cost of fresh, oranges = 100.
packaging cost = 20. Initial total cost = 100 + 20 = 120
After increasing in cost of fresh mangoes 30%,
Cost of fresh mangoes = 130
And cost of packing go down by 50 % so,
Cost of packing = 10.
Total cost = 130 + 10 = 140.
Increased cost = 140 – 120 = 20.
% increased = (20*100) /120 = 16.66%.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification