To make a pitch for preventing the destruction of humanitarian laws and to protect civilians in conflict, United Nations Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon has released a report dubbed “One Humanity: Shared Responsibility”.
- The report has called for a global campaign on the sidelines of World Humanitarian Summit that will hold in Istanbul, Turkey. The theme of the summit will be One Humanity: Shared Responsibility.
In accordance with the report, currently, 43% of people live in vulnerable situations. If efforts will not time, by 2030, the figure is expected to touch 62%.
Key Highlights of Report
Preventing and ending conflicts
- Preventing conflicts in the world and finding political solutions to resolve them.
- As per the report conflicts occupy 80% of all humanitarian needs.
Upholding the laws to safeguard humanity
- Every day, millions of civilians are deliberately or indiscriminately getting killed in wars and other conflicts. In this regard, world leaders must commit to the rules to protect humanity.
- 90% of people get killed or injured by the use of explosive weapons.
Leaving no one behind
- Empowering all women, men, girls and boys to be agents of positive transformation.
- Reducing displacement, supporting refugees and migrants.
- Ending gaps in education and fighting to eliminate sexual violence.
Changing people’s lives
- Respecting and strengthening local leadership and capacity.
- Transcending the humanitarian developments.
Investing in humanity
- Sharing responsibilities for humanity.