India’s Financial Capital, Mumbai, with 1094 billionaires (Ultra High Net Worth Individuals) has become home to the wealthiest people in the country, followed by Delhi at 545, according to the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2016.
- In the past 10 years, the billionaire counts in India jumped by 333% against the global rate of 68%.
- 97 cities surveyed globally
- Rankings of Mumbai and Delhi: 21 & 33 respectively.
- The cities are expected to improve their rankings to 14 and 29 by 2025, globally.
- India accounts for 6% of the billionaire population across the world
- The average number of residential properties owned by wealthy Indians stands at 4, the highest in the world, against a global average of 3.7.
Knight Frank’s Wealth Report:
- Knight Frank LLP is a residential and commercial property consultancy in London founded by John Knight, Howard Frank and William Rutley in 1896.
- The Wealth report is published it annually after examining the global property markets.