In a bid to encourage research in premier technical institutions through IMPRINT (Impacting Research Innovation and Technology), the memorandum of understanding has been signed by the 25 ministries comprising human resource development.
- This is for the first time that all IITs have jointly taken an initiative of IMPRINT, under which technological innovations will be undergone which would be beneficial for a common man.
- All the Ministers assured their full cooperation in taking forward the research work under 10 technology domains comprised under IMPRINT.
Key Highlights of MoU
- Responsibilities of HRD – Laying down the Policy for implementation, coordination with the other departments and resolving difficulties in implementation and meeting 50% cost of the project cost.
- Responsibilities of other departments – Defining the requirements of research for inclusion in the IMPRINT programme, participating in the Apex Committee meetings for selection of the projects and to review the progress of the projects from time to time.
About IMPRINT initiative:
Launched on November 5, 2014, IMPRINT is the Pan-IIT + IISc joint initiative backed by MHRD. It is a multi-partner and multi-goal oriented national programme aimed at technology development covering all engineering disciplines, steered by all IITs and IISc. This novel initiative is aimed at:
- Developing new engineering education policy
- Creating a road map to pursue engineering challenges
IMPRINT provides the overarching vision that guides research into areas that are predominantly socially relevant.