On 11th March 2020, two special committees were formed by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to deal with the issues and approvals related to the Central Armed Police Force(CAPF).The two new panels will deal with decision until to find the right resolution.
- First committee:The first committee will be chaired by the Home Secretary and will deal with issues that need to be decided between Home Ministry and CAPFs.
- Second committee: The second committee will be headed by the Secretary (Border Management) and will solve only the procurement matters.
- These committees will also deal with the issues of Assam Rifles even though it is not a part of CAPF.
- Issues dealt by the Committee: It deals with the CAPF issues like, anti-Naxal operations, border security, procurement of modern assault weapons, surveillance technology and other gadgetry, anti-terror preparedness, VIP security.
Central Armed Police Force(CAPF):
- The Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) handles with seven security forces in India under the Ministry of Home Affairs. CAPF is also called as paramilitary forces which provides internal security to the country headed by the Indian Police Service.
- The CAPF handles forces like, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).