Magnus Carlsen of Norway Won the prestigious Grenke Chess Classic 2015 Title and he tied for the first place with the German No 1 player Arkadij Naiditsch, although the latter defeated him in the third round of the event (1-1, 1-1, 1-0).The Match held at Baden-Baden, Germany.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Grenke Chess Classic is an elite chess tournament held every year since 2013 in the German city of Baden-Baden.
- 2013 Grenke Chess Classic Winner – Viswanathan Anand
- 2014 Grenke Chess Classic Winner – Arkadij Naiditsch (German Chess Player)
- The World Chess Federation is the governing body of international chess competition. It is usually referred to as FIDE. It’s motto is “We are One People“.
- FIDE’s Headquarters is at Athens, Greece.
- Magnus Carlsen is the number one ranked player in the world and reigning World Chess Champion in classical, rapid and blitz.