Recently, famous scientist , ISRO, K.Sivan took charge as the Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre VSSC. He took over the office of the Director from M. Chandradathan who retired from the service. Sivan is a Distinguished Scientist and Director at Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre LPSC, Trivananthapuram.
- In 1982, Sivan joined ISRO for Polar Satellite Launch vehicle PSLV and has made rich contributions towards end to end mission planning, mission integration and analysis which have become the foundation of ISRO launch vehicles Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle GSLV, GSLV Mk-3 and Reusable Launch Vehicle-Technology Director (RLV-TD).
- MR Sivan is also chief architect 6-D trajectory simulation software SITARA, backbone of real time and non real time trajectory simulations of all ISRO launch vehicles.
Wind biasing strategy
Under this rocket launching can be done on any day of the year under any wind and weather conditions.
- In April 2011, Sivan joined GSLV project as Project Director.
- In ISRO, he held many positions like Project Director,RLV-TD, Deputy Director VSSC,Project director GSLV, and Director LPSC.
- He has many publications and is a Fellow Of Indian National Academy of Engineering, Aeronautical Society of India and System Society of India.
Awards and accolades
- In 2011, he got Biren Roy space science award of the year, ISRO merit award of the year 2007, Shri Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr Vikram Sarabhai Research of the year 1999.
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre VSSC
- VSSC is major space research centre of ISRO.
- Formed on 21st Nov 1963.
- Headquarters is in Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Present director is MC Dathan.