California headquartered Cisco Systems Inc has publicized to acquire Jasper Technologies that connect devices to internet for $1.4 billion in cash and equity awards.
- This acquisition enables Cisco to access IoT solution that is interoperable across devices and works with IoT service providers, application developers and environment of partners.
Established in 1984, it designs, manufactures and sells networking equipment.
- Headquarters – San Jose, California
- CEO – Chuck Robbins
Acquisitions by Cisco:
- In 1995–1996 the company completed 11 acquisitions.
- In 1999, it acquired Cerent Corporation for US$7bn.
- In 2007, it acquired IronPort for US$830 mn.
- In 2012, it acquired NDS Group for $5bn.
- In 2014, it acquired ThreatGRID and Tail-f Systems.
- In 2015, it completed 7 acquisitions.
Awards & Recognitions:
- In 2002-03, Cisco was conferred with Ron Brown Award, a U.S. presidential honor.
- In 2011, the company and its history was featured in the documentary film Something Ventured.
About Jasper Technologies:
California headquartered Jasper provides a cloud-based software platform for the Internet of Things (IoT). The platform is designed to help organizations launch, manage, and monetize the deployment of the Internet of Things worldwide.
- Establishment – 2004
- It was formerly called as Jasper Wireless Inc.
Jasper partners with over 120 mobile operator networks to serve IoT and machine-to-machine (M2M) companies across a wide range industries including – automotive, home security and automation, agriculture, food/beverage, wearable technology, healthcare, advertising and industrial equipment.