Invest Karnataka 2016, the first Global Investors Meet (GIM) was held from 3rd to 5th February 2016 with a theme “where the future is made” at Bengaluru.
- During this two day Invest Karnataka event across energy, pharma, information technology & biotechnology, agriculture, infrastructure and tourism, Karnataka had signed 147 projects with a commitment to invest Rs 1.33 lakh crore.
Here is the list of key MoUs:
- Aditya Birla Group to invest an additional Rs 2000 crore in telecom, apparel, and retail businesses.
- Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group to set up Dhirubhai Ambani Centre for Technology and Innovation in aerospace in Bengaluru.
- Adani Group plans Rs 11,500 crore investments in the power sector.
- JSW has committed Rs 35,000 crore in three-four years in Karnataka.
- Robert Bosch plans an investment of Rs 1000 crore in 2016.
- Infosys announced its fourth development centre at Hubli.
- Wipro IT business to add 25,000 people in Karnataka.
- The Ministry of Roadways to add 4000 km of national highway in the State. It announced an investment of Rs 60,000 crore road development in Karnataka before December 2016.
- The state government has proposed a centre for National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) in Karnataka.
- It is also planning a 1.3 million tonne urea producing plant in North Karnataka and R&D centre of Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology in Bengaluru.
The policy proposed to promote two industrial areas in the state for women at potential locations such as Hubli and Dharwad.
- There will be reservation of 5% of plots in industrial areas developed by KIADB/KSSIDC for women entrepreneurs.