Kerala’s all-women taxi cab service “She-Taxi” had bagged the prestigious Chief Ministers Award for Innovation in Public Policy 2014.
- She-Taxi idea was chosen for the honor taking into account it as a unique model and its prospects to reproduce in other places.
- The initiative had deal with the safety and security concerns of women travelers.
- The award had been received by Gender Park CEO Dr P T M Sunish and the She-Taxi representatives from K Muraleedharan, MLA, at a function.
- She-Taxi is the country’s first 24×7 taxi network by women for women.
- It is Owned and operated by women entrepreneurs.
- Two years ago the state Social Justice Department, had launched the cab network.
- The aim of She-Taxi is to promote entrepreneurship, self-employment and security among women.
- In the state it also contributed to the socio-economic empowerment aspect of women.
- She Taxi’ is a 24X7 service available for booking via mobile phones and online.
About Chief Ministers Award for Innovation
- This award is given for the outstanding contributions to public service delivery and innovations in governance.
- The awards have been presented to public officers of the State on individual, group and organisation basis.
- Screening of the nominations for the awards is done by the Expert Committee.
- The individual and group award carries a cash prize of up to Rs 1 lakh per individual and the organization can get a prize up to Rs 5 lakhs
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification