According to the defence analytics website, Global Firepower’s Global Firepower Nations Index 2021 -‘Military Strength Ranking’ an annually updated list of 138 modern military nations, India is ranked 4th with PwrIndx (Power Index) rating of 0.1214 where 0.0000 rating is considered as ‘perfect’. The ranking has been topped by the United States of America (USA).
- Among regions the index is topped by Asia and followed by Asia-Pacific, Middle East and European Union (EU) at 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively.
Following is the list of top 5 nations with its strength:
India has 542 combat aircraft, 37 attack helicopters, 17 submarines, and 4,730 tanks.
1.United States of America
It has 904 attack helicopters and 11 aircraft carriers along with 40,000 armored fighting vehicles and 68 submarines.
It has 789 fighter aircraft and 538 attack helicopters along with 13,000 tanks and 64 submarines.
China has 1200 combat aircraft, 327 attack helicopters, 35,000 armoured vehicles and 79 submarines.
It has 119 attack helicopters, 27 destroyers, and 2 helicopter carriers.
Top 3 Country:
|Rank||Country||Power Index (PwrIndx)|
|1||United States of America||0.0721|
About Military Strength Ranking:
Since 2006, Global Firepower is providing military strength ranking on the basis of over 50 individual factors to determine a nation’s PowerIndex (‘PwrIndx’) score. It also includes manpower, land forces, airpower, natural resources, naval forces, logistics and financials.
- Notably the index does not take into account the nuclear capability of any country.
- It states the nation’s war making capability across land, sea and air fought by conventional means.
Recent Related News:
- According to Air Pollution Data released by United States (US) Air Quality Index 2020 on November 30, 2020 Lahore, Pakistan topped the list of World’s most Polluted Cities. It reported a Particulate Matter (PM) rating of 423 (Hazardous). New Delhi with a PM of 229 (very unhealthy) came Second followed by Nepal’s Kathmandu with a PM of 178 (unhealthy).
- According to the 8th Edition of ‘Global Terrorism Index (GTI) 2020: Measuring the Impact of Terrorism’ released by Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP), India with a score of 7.353 is the 8th Most Affected Country in the World due to Terrorism in 2019.