On January 20, 2021, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi released financial assistance of around Rs 2691 crores to ~6.1 lakh beneficiaries in Uttar Pradesh (UP) under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) through video conference.
- It was also attended by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Ministry of Rural Development; Anandiben Mafatbhai Patel, Governor of UP; and Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister (CM) of UP.
- Through this financial aid, 5.30 lakh beneficiaries will get their first instalment under the scheme while 80,000 beneficiaries will receive the second instalment.
PM also wished beneficiaries on the Prakash Purab (Birth Anniversary) of 10th Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji.
About Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin:
Initiated on April 1, 2016, Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana –Gramin (PMAY-G) was launched on the lines of Government’s commitment to provide “Housing for All’’ by 2022. The scheme has replaced Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) launched in 1996.
- It aims at providing a pucca house, with basic amenities, to all houseless householder and those households living in kutcha and dilapidated house.
- The cost of unit assistance is shared between Central and State Government in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for North Eastern and the Himalayan States.
- Under the scheme, so far 1.26 crore houses have been built all over the country.
- In Uttar Pradesh 22 lakh Garmin Awas are to be constructed out of which 21.5 lakh have been approved for construction while 14.5 lakh families have already got their house.
- The beneficiaries of PMAY-G are also provided support of unskilled labour wages under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) and assistance of ₹12,000 for construction of toilets through the Swachh Bharat Mission-Gramin (SBM-G).
Recent Related News:
i.On November 22, 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi launched “Har Ghar Nal Yojna” (tap water to every household) worth Rs 5,555.38 crore for drinking water projects in Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts in Vindhyachal region of Uttar Pradesh (UP).
ii.On December 17, 2020, UP launched India, South Asia’s 1st blockchain-enabled Peer to Peer (P2P) Trading Platform for Rooftop Solar Power Producers in Lucknow, UP. The Pilot project will be implemented by India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF), Power Ledger (Australia based Blockchain technology partner) & Abajyon Consulting.
About Uttar Pradesh (UP):
Tiger Reserve– Etawah Lion Safari, Chuka Pilibhit Tiger Reserve, Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
Stadium– Eklavya Sports Stadium, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Sports stadium , Buddh International Circuit.