Union Minister for Science, Technology and Earth Science, Dr. Harsh Vardhan met his Russian counterpart Mr. Dmitry Livanov, Minister of Science and Education of the Russian Federation on the sidelines of the BRICS ministerial meeting(in Moscow). India had put in motion National Super Computing Mission accordingly being furnished by the Department of Science and Technology and the Department of Electronics and Information Technology.
- India cast about for Russian backing in betterment of high end technologies in hardware as well as software. For instance Direct Liquid Cooling Technology and Network Design technologies for supercomputers.
- S&T Agreement was signed between DST and the Russian Science Fund, during the visit of the President of India( Mr. Pranab Mukherjee) to Russia in May 2015.
- Russia’s minister desired that the two sides must develop mechanism for engaging industries in R&D. He addressed keen participation in India’s Technology Summit & Knowledge Expo. Dr. Harsh Vardhan had given his assent as this will boost the bilateral exchange program of students, scientists and their networking.
- Both sides agreed to analyze prospects to launch future joint Call for Proposals involving Industry. Indian Minister said that there are about 80-90 R&D labs doing very good research and they need assistance in technology commercialization and technology transfer.
Key points :
- Russia Capital :Moscow
- Russia Currency :Russian ruble
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification