Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com.We are providing Free IBPS Clerk course 2015 and creating sample questions in Reasoning, which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
Directions (1 – 5): (A) only 1st follows (B) only 2nd follows (C) either 1st or 2nd (D) neither 1st nor 2nd (E) both 1st and 2nd
- Statements: All flowers are trees. No tree is a house. Some houses are wheels Conclusions: I. All wheels are trees is a possibility II. All trees are wheels is a possibility. (B) only 2nd follows Explanation: In second venn, if all wheels are trees then some trees will be houses which is not possible, so 1st conc. does not follow. In third venn, all trees are wheels is a possibility
- Statements: All pens are pencils. No pencils are clips. No pencils are dusters. Conclusions: I. Some dusters are not pens II. Some clips are dusters (A) only 1st follows Explanation: As seen in 1st and 2nd venn, clips can be dusters or no clip is duster, so 2nd conc. does not follow In 3rd venn, all dusters can never be pens (this will make all dusters are pencils which is not possible), so when there is no such possibility, 1st conc. follows.
- Statements: All erasers are pens. All erasers are dusters. Some erasers are sharpeners. Conclusions: I. Some pens are not sharpeners. II. All pens are dusters (D) neither 1st nor 2nd Explanation: Venn 1 and 2 both can be possible for given statements, so either all pens are dusters or all dusters are pens, so 2nd conclusion does not follow. Now all pens are sharpeners is a possibility, so when there is such a possibility, 1st conclusion does not follow.
- Statements: Some horses are dogs. All dogs are cats. No cats are rats. Conclusions: I. Some cats are horses II. All rats are horses is a possibility (E) both 1st and 2nd Explanation: As seen in first venn, Some cats are horses is definitely true As seen in second venn, All rats are horses is a possibility
- Statements: Some sheets are rods. No sheet is a foil. All rods are marbles. Conclusions: I. Some rods are foils II. Some rods are not foils (B) only 2nd follows Explanation: As seen in first and second venn, some rods can be foils or it cannot be foils, so Some rods are foils do not follow. As seen in third venn, if all rods are foils is a possibility, then some sheets will be foils which is not possible. So Some rods are not foils follows.
Directions (6-10): Study the information given below and answer the given questions: Eight friends – A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a square table in such a way that four of them sit at four corners of the table while the other four sit in the middle of the four sides. Those who sit in the middle of four sides face the centre while those who sit at the four corners face outside. A sits third to the left of C, who does not sit at any of the corners. E sits to the left but not on the immediate left of F, who is not an immediate neighbor of C. B and H are the immediate neighbors of neither each other nor of A and D respectively. D does not sit in the middle of any sides and at least two persons can sit between A and D. E and G sit opposite each other but do not face each other. F cannot sit opposite C.
- Who among the following sits third to the left of H? A) B B) G C) D D) C E) None of these C) D Explanation:
- What is the position of B with respect to F? A) Third to the left B) Third to the right C) Fourth to the left D) Second to the right E) None of these C) Fourth to the left
- Who among the following represent the immediate neighbors of F? A) HG B) GA C) BE D) AH E) None of these B) GA
- If they all are rearranged clockwise in alphabetical order starting from A (A retains his original position), which of the following would retain his original position? A) H B) G C) D D) E E) None of these B) G Explanation: Only G is at same position.
- Who among the following sits exactly between D and G? A) B B) H C) F D) C E) Cannot be determined D) C