Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quant Section in AffairsCloud.com. We are starting IBPS Clerk course 2015 and we are creating sample questions in Quantitative Aptitude section, type of which will be asked in IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
Stratus – IBPS Clerk Course 2015
1-5: Study the given bar graph carefully and answer the questions that follow:
The graph given below shows the number of boys and girls in six different streams in an engineering college in the year 2014.
- In which stream(s) is/are the number of girls as a percentage of number of boys the minimum?
A) EC and Civil
C) IT and Electrical
E) None of theseE) None of these
For EC = 60/180 * 100 = 33.3%
For CSE = 150/150 * 100 = 100%
For IT = 100/250 * 100 = 40%
For Mech. = 40/120 * 100 = 33.3%
For Elec. = 50/200 * 100 = 25%
For Civil = 25/100 * 100 = 25%
Ans – For elec and civil
- If two streams have the same ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls, they are known as pair. How many such pairs are there?
E) None of theseC) 2
For EC = 180 : 60 = 3 : 1
For CSE = 1 : 1
For IT = 5 : 2
For Mech = 3 : 1
For Elec = 4 : 1
For Civil = 4 : 1
Pairs – elec and civil, ec and mech
- In which stream(s) is/are the difference between the number of boys and the number of girls the maximum?
A) IT and Civil
B) CSE and Electrical
E) None of theseE) None of these
Maximum for IT and elec (150)
- What is the ratio of the total number of students, in the stream with the maximum students to the stream with the minimum number of girls?
A) 14 : 1
B) 1 : 14
C) 5 : 14
D) 14 : 5
E) None of theseD) 14 : 5
In IT there are maximum students which is 350
In Civil there are minimum girls (25), in civil total students is 125
We have to find ratio of total no of students
in stream with max students : in stream with minimum girls
350 : 125
- Total number of girls in all the six streams put together is what percentage less than the total number of boys in all the six streams put together?
E) None of theseB) 57.5%
Total boys = 180+150+250+120+200+100 = 1000
Total girls = 60+150+100+40+50+25 = 425
Required % = 1000-425 / 1000 * 100 = 57.5
- A and B start a business in which A contributes Rs 1500 and B contributes Rs 2000. After 4 months a third partner C enters with Rs 2250. After 9 months B withdraws his entire contribution. At the end of the year what would be the share of C from a total profit of Rs 1200?
A) Rs 500
B) Rs 400
C) Rs 300
D) None of these
E) None of theseB) Rs 400
A : B : C
1500*12 : 2000*9 : 2250*8
1 : 1 : 1
Each of them gets Rs 400
- In a factory 400 persons complete 1/4th of the work by working 9 hours per day for 10 days. If the remaining work is to be complete in 20 days working 8 hours per day, then how many additional persons will need to be engaged?
E) None of theseD) 275
Let x additional persons are required.
P1 * T1 * D1 * W2 = P2 * T2 * D2 * W1
400 * 9 * 10 * 3/4 = (400+x) * 8 * 20 * ¼
Solve, x = 275
- The incomes of Ram and Seema are in the ratio 3 : 2 and the amount they spend are in the ratio 5 : 3. If each of them saves Rs 2000, what is the income of Ram?
A) Rs 15,000
B) Rs 12,000
C) Rs 14,000
D) Rs 20,000
E) None of theseB) Rs 12,000
Let the incomes of Ram and Seema are 3x and 2x
Spent amount of Ram and Seema be 5y and 3y
Now both save 2000 Rs. So
3x – 5y = 2000
2x – 3y = 2000
Solve the equations, x = 4000
So Ram’s income = 3x = 3*4000 = 12,000
- Sneha and Sunaina can complete a work in 20 days and 12 days respectively. Sneha starts the work and then after 4 days Sunaina joins her till the completion of the work. How long do the work last?
A) 12 days
B) 15 days
C) 25 days
D) 10 days
E) 12 km/hrD) 10 days
Let the total work be completed in x days. Sneha worked for all x days, while Sunaina worked for (x-4) days.
1/20 * x + 1/12 (x – 4) = 1
- A can contains milk and water solution in the ratio 3 : 2 and an another can contains them in the ratio 4 : 1 respectively. The solution in both the cans is 400 ml and 1000 ml respectively. If the solution from both the cans is mixed then what is the ratio of milk to water in the resultant solution?
A) 9 : 5
B) 8 : 21
C) 5 : 26
D) 26 : 9
E) None of theseD) 26 : 9
In 400 lit. can, milk = 3/8 * 400 = 240 lit, water = 160 lit
In 1000 lit. can, milk = 4/5 * 400 = 800 lit, water = 200 lit
So new ratio = (240+800)/(160+200)