Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has ranked 29th among the top 150 universities on Global University Employability Ranking 2017 published by Times Higher Education.
About Global University Employability Ranking 2017:
Global University Employability Ranking ranks 150 universities and institutions across the world on the parameter to bring out ‘work-ready graduates’.
- This ranking has been designed by HR consultancy Emerging, is conducted by research institute Trendence and published by Times Higher Education.
- Rankings are complied on basis of a survey conducted among recruiters and industry professionals from 22 countries.
Highlights of Global University Employability Ranking 2017:
IISc ranked 29th on Global University Employability Ranking 2017, which marks an improvement of nine places as compared to 38th rank in 2016.
- Other than IISc, only two institutes from India featured among the top 150. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) ranked 145th and Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) ranked 148th. Both these institutes did not find a place in last year’s ranking.
- According to the survey, India is lagging behind other countries in imparting digital skills to its graduates.
- Asian universities, especially in China, Taiwan and South Korea have made good progress this year.
- France, Germany and Switzerland have the highest number of institutes in this employability ranking.
- This year’s ranking has been topped by California Institute of Technology (Caltech). Interestingly, Caltech admits students on the basis of strong maths, science and engineering skills and interest. This filtering method is believed to be the reason behind Caltech churning out high calibre graduates every year.
Global University Employability Ranking 2017 – Top 10:
|1||California Institute of Technology|
|4||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|5||University of Cambridge|
|8||Technical University of Munich|
|9||University of Tokyo|