Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Basic Gk (Sports)
- 2017 World Women’s Youth Boxing Championship to be held in ____________
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.India
India will host the World Women’s Youth Boxing Championship in November 2017. This is the first major international event to be held in the country since 2010.
- Women cricketer Sarah Coyte has announced her retirement from all forms , She belongs to which country ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Australia
Australian women cricketer Sarah Coyte, who was also a part of Australia’s 2014 World T20-winning squad, has announced her retirement from all forms of the game.
- ____________________ is the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean on a stand-up paddleboard
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Chris Bertish
A South African man Chris Bertish has become the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean on a stand-up paddleboard after completing an epic 4,050-mile voyage alone at sea.
- Lee Chong Wei from Malaysia associated with which sport ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Badminton
Lee Chong Wei is a Malaysian professional badminton player. As a singles player, Lee was ranked first worldwide for 199 consecutive weeks from 21 August 2008 to 14 June 2012.
- 22nd Asian Athletics Championship is scheduled to be held in which of the following stadium ?
3.Veer Surendra Sai Stadium
4.Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Kalinga Stadium
Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar will host the 22nd Asian Athletics Championship to be held in July this year as Ranchi pulled out from hosting the international event.
- Which South African city has lost the chance to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Durban
Durban was stripped of the right to stage the 2022 Commonwealth Games on Monday after a trail of missed deadlines and financial problems that highlights the daunting burdens facing host cities for major sporting events.
- Vidya Pillai associated with which sport ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Snooker
Vidya Pillai is an Indian professional player of snooker. Vidya Pillai grew up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Bakshi Stadium is located in which Indian state ?
3.J & K
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.J & K
Bakshi Stadium is a stadium in Srinagar, India. It is mainly used for football matches
- Ankur Mittal is a _____________
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Shooter
Ankur Mittal is an Indian shooter. He stood second in the qualification round and thus qualified to the final of Men’s Double trap competition at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy related with which game ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Cricket
The Vijay Hazare Trophy, also known as the Ranji One Day Trophy, was started in 2002–03 as a limited-overs cricket domestic competition involving state teams from the Ranji Trophy plates.