Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in Affairs Cloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence fillers, which is BASED ON SBI PO/IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams !!!
- Not surprisingly, the Centre, already under fire for___________ with high fuel taxes despite the rise in the global prices of crude in recent months, faced fresh flak over this___________ cut.
|1) disapprove, accessible
2) counteract, agape
3) persisting, cursory
4) transient, depthless
5) continue, elegantAnswer : 3)
persisting – continue in an opinion or course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition.
cursory – hasty and therefore not thorough or detailed.
- For the BJP-led government at the Centre, ___________ for several Assembly elections this year followed by the general election in 2019, the pressure to check pump-level fuel prices is ___________.
1) maintain, withhold
2) preserve, neglect
3) fleeting, shun
4) gearing up, intensifying
5) condemnation, exclusoryAnswer : 4)
gearing up – to prepare yourself, or to prepare something for an activity or event.
intensifying – become or make more intense.
- It is in this context that Kerala’s decision to slash the sales tax on fuel changes the___________ of the debate as States have also been raking in easy oil___________.
1) disapproval, exclusionary
2) remain, discriminative
3) retain, confined
4) narrative, revenue
5) anteceent, cliquishAnswer : 4)
narrative – a spoken or written account of connected events; a story.
revenue – income, especially when of an organization and of a substantial nature.
- To make matters worse, they levy value-added tax on the fuel pric___________ of central excise duties, not the base price, leading to double taxation and further price___________.
1) discouragement, clannish
2) inclusive, amplification
3) sustain, aristocratic
4) earlier, circumscribed
5) passable, yawningAnswer : 2)
- Industry has warned that domestic oil pricing policies are hurting the ___________ recovery, and global rating agencies are already slashing India’s growth___________ for this calendar year, citing the oil issue.
1) nascent, expectations
2) former, absolute
3) previous, peeled
4) defense, patulous
5) beginning, extensiveAnswer : 1)
nascent – (especially of a process or organization) just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential.
expectations – (especially of a process or organization) just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential.
- To prevent a ___________ of those incidents, the government must stand by and protect the Sikh residents, and not give in to the nativist ___________ of the protestors.
1) ephemeral , expanded
2) protection, ,aloof
3) center, revealed
4) repeat, arguments
5) flight, exposedAnswer : 4)
repeat – say again something one has already said.
arguments – an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
- The obvious ___________of that ___________that high taxes on fuel need to be cut when prices rise again — has been ignored so far.
1) forepart, spacious
2) shrinking, withering
3) resistance, visual
4) corollary, stance
5) retreat, patentAnswer : 4)
- The spark for the week-long incidents of violence in downtown Shillong was a lie spread through WhatsApp, the ___________ messaging platform that has increasingly become an unfiltered medium for hate and rumour___________.
1) limelight, navigable
2) ubiquitous, mongering
3) shelter, mannerisms
4) travel, kinesics
5) proceed, gesturesAnswer : 2)
ubiquitous – present, appearing, or found everywhere.
mongering – to sell or peddle.
- That the “settlers” have been in Shillong for more than a century and a half, having been originally brought there by the British colonials to work as manual scavengers, and have since ___________ themselves within Shillong, has not ___________ them from being described as outsiders.
1) shield, gesture
2) integrated, insulated
3) continue, susceptible
4) sustenance, stripped
5) nascent, slashingAnswer : 2)
integrated – (of an institution, body, etc.) desegregated, especially racially.
insulated – protect (something) by interposing material that prevents the loss of heat or the intrusion of sound.
- Today, there are enough ___________ of ___________ action for the tribal people — 80% reservation for the Khasi, Jaintia, Garo and other tribes in jobs and professional studies.
1) dying, airy
2) provisions, affirmative
3) support, extended
4) surrender, emptied
5) vanguard, dehiscentAnswer : 2)
provisions – the action of providing or supplying something for use.
affirmative – agreeing with or consenting to a statement or request.