AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 17 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 17,2018, Fourth meeting of NITI Aayog’s Governing Council begun at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.New Delhi
Various issues have been expected to be discuss on this meeting including measures taken to double farmers’ income. The progress of flagship schemes such as Ayushman Bharat, National Nutrition Mission and Mission Indradhanush; development of aspirational districts; and celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi also to be discussed during this meeting. The development agenda for ‘New India 2022’ was also expected to be approved. In this council , the apex body of Niti Aayog includes all the chief ministers, lieutenant governors of union territories, several union ministers and senior government officials.
- On June 17, 2018, According to a report of the Road Transport and Highway ministry , states have collected taxes worth ____ under Government’s e-governance initiative?
1.Rs. 10000 crore
2.Rs. 20000 crore
3.Rs. 30000 crore
4.Rs. 15000 crore
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs. 10000 crore
Since the rollout of Transport Mission Mode Project (MMP), which has also automated regional transport operations (RTOs) the taxes has been collected. The government has set up a consolidated nation-wise transport database and launched citizens and trade-centric applications . More than 19-crore vehicles and 10-crore driving licence records have come under the National Register. Two flagship applications under Transport MMP — Vahan and Sarathi Vahan – have been released.
- Telangana government will set up ‘District Child Protection Units (DCPU)’ in all ____ districts to protect the children from child abuse ,child labour and also to implement the child rights in all districts?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.31
On June 17,2018 Telengana Government will plan to set up Telangana govt to set up ‘District Child Protection Units (DCPU)’ in all 31 districts to protect the children from child abuse ,child labour and also to implement the child rights in all districts. Women and Children welfare department Secretary M Jagadeeshwar informed that ‘District Child Protection Units (DCPU)’ were already established in 10 districts and plan to extend another 21 districts of the state by next two months.
- On June 15,2018 As per the MoU has signed with Union Health Ministry, Meghalaya Health Minister ____ has informed that Meghalaya government will implement the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM)?
1.A L Hek
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.A L Hek
On June 15,2018 As per the MoU has signed with Union Health Ministry, Meghalaya Health Minister A L Hek has informed that Meghalaya government will implement the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM). Hek also informed that state would merge its own Meghalaya Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) with the AB-NHPM. The existing health insurance cover is Rs 2,80,000 under Meghalaya Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) while the AB-NHPM will provide a cover of Rs 5 lakh per family annually.
- On June 17, 2018, According to the FDI Report 2018 compiled by FDI Intelligence, which country has surpassed India as the top destination to attract Greenfield FDI investment?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.United States
In 2017, the US reclaimed the spot from India, recording USD 87.4 billion of announced Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). The number of projects for the US was 1,627. India has been the top destination for 2015 and 2016 but the number of investments has fallen by 21% for 2017. In the Asia and Pacific region, China was on top in terms of FDI in total number of new projects and capital investment, followed by India, as per the FDI report. China received foreign capital investment of USD 50.8 billion in 2017 in greenfield projects, compared to India’s USD 25.1 billion.
- SAARC Development Fund will soon be launching a social enterprise development programme (SEDP) to fund how many entities annually across the 8-member states including India?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.80
SDF would create access to financial services which can boost job creation, raise income, reduce vulnerability and increase investments in human capital in — Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka (SAARC members). SDF is currently implementing 12 regional projects with more than 70 implementing and lead implementing agencies covering all the member countries under the social window funding. It has already committed USD 73.74 million for social window projects as of date out of which it has disbursed USD 47 million to the member states.
- On June 17, 2018, According to the data of Commerce Ministry , India had trade deficit with as many as 10 member countries out of 16 of the RCEP nations. Expand RCEP?
1.Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
2.Rational Comprehensive Economic Partnership
3.Regional Commerce and Economic Partnership
4.Regional Compact Economic Partnership
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
These RCEP bloc nations include : China, South Korea and Australia. The trade gap with China, Korea, Indonesia and Australia has increased to USD 63.12 billion; USD 11.96 billion; USD 12.47 billion and USD 10.16 billion in 2017-18. It was USD 51.11 billion, USD 8.34 billion, USD 9.94 billion and USD 8.19 billion respectively in the previous financial year, 2016-17 . It’s same with regard to Japan, Thailand and New Zealand.
- On June 17, 2018, IRDAI formed a 10 member committee to review regulations of the Insurance marketing Firms (IMF). What does “R” represent in IRDAI?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Regulatory
IRDAI – Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. It will be a 10 member panel that would be revising the IRDAI( Registration of Insurance Marketing Firms) regulations 2015. The Committee consists of: K.G.P.L. Ramadevi, GM (IMF) of IRDAI; Sourabh Bhanot, senior VP of Aviva Life Insurance; Siddharth Pradhan, GM of New India Assurance; Amit Rathi, Senior VP of Max Life Insurance; Deepti Rastogi, senior VP of Apollo Munich Health Insurance; Rakesh Kumar, ED of LIC; Girish Joshi, ED and ISP of iKuber Financial Services IMF Pvt Ltd.; and Rajinder Singh, MD of JK Insurance Marketing Pvt. Ltd. IRDAI’s AM-IMF Priya Kumari would be the member secretary.
- On June 17, 2018, WhatsApp payment service has been in beta testing and almost one million people are testing the feature. It has tied up with banks to facilitate financial transactions through UPI. What is the full form of UPI?
1.Unified Payments Interface
2.United Payments Interface
3.Unified Payments Index
4.Unified Portfolio Interface
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Unified Payments Interface
It has tied up with banks to facilitate financial transactions via Unified Payments Interface (UPI). The Reserve Bank of India has mandated all payment system operators to ensure that data related to payments is stored only in India giving firms six months to comply with it. The compliance would be monitored by NPCI. It has been stated that sensitive user data such as the last 6 digits of a debit card and UPI PIN is not stored at all.
- On June 17,2018 _____ and National Skill Development Corporation announced its partnership to train over 10,000 youth under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) programme?
1.Bharti Axa Life Insurance
2.Muthoot Fincorp Limited
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Muthoot Fincorp Limited
On June 17,2018 Muthoot Fincorp Limited and National Skill Development Corporation announced its partnership to train over 10,000 youth under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) programme. Under the scheme, Muthoot Fincorp will train over 10,000 people over the next three years and make them job ready. NSDC has approved a target of 3,000 candidates in the first year and 3,500 each in the subsequent two years.
- On June 17, 2018, who was appointed as Jordan’s Prime Minister by Jordan’s King Abdullah II?
2.Jia Ul Mulk
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Omar al-Razzaz
On June 17, 2018, Jordan’s King Abdullah II has appointed Omar al-Razzaz as the country’s prime minister. He will be succeeding former Prime Minister Hani al-Mulki who had resigned due to mass protests. Omar Al-Razzaz is a former World Bank economist, previously served as Jordan’s education minister.
- On June 17,2018 which country successfully launched a Glonass- M positioning satellite using a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Russia
On June 17,2018 Russia successfully launched a Glonass- M positioning satellite using a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket. The Glonass network provides real-time positioning data for surface, sea and airborne objects around the globe, at an accuracy reportedly at par with the U.S. Global Positioning System.
- What was the theme of World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) that was celebrated worldwide on 17th June?
1.Respect the value of land
2.Land has true value – invest in
4.Rejuvenation of deserted lands
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Land has true value – invest in
The World Day to Combat Desertification (WDCD) will be celebrated worldwide on 17th June with the focus on sustainable land management as a way to regenerate economies, create jobs and revitalize communities. World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed every year to promote public awareness of international efforts to combat desertification. 2018 Theme of WDCD :- “Land has true value – invest in “WDCD was established by the UN General Assembly 23 years ago to raise awareness on the global and national actions that address desertification, land degradation and drought.
- On June 17, 2018, The High Commission of India in Seychelles celebrated the 4th International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2018 at the iconic Palais des Sports indoor stadium in Victoria, Seychelles. What was the theme for the celebration?
1.Yoga for Intellectual Development
2.Yoga for Health
3.Yoga for wellness
4.Yoga for mental wellness
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Yoga for Health
A Yoga souvenir published by the High Commission was released. It had a guided Mass Yoga Performance using the Common Yoga Protocol .and yoga for senior citizens and children, yoga for health, prenatal yoga, meditation and breathing sessions were also conducted. Photographs on Yoga shot by noted Indian photographer Binoy K. Behl were displayed. The event was attended by over 1000 yoga enthusiasts comprising more than 1% of the country’s population.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India)?Subhash Chandra Khuntia
- Name the CEO and co-founder of Whatsapp?Jan Koum
- Where is Balphakram National Park located?Meghalaya
- What is the tag line of Dena Bank?Trusted Family Bank
- Where is Moin-ul-Haq Stadium located?Patna, Bihar