Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in Affairs Cloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in sentence fillers, which is BASED ON Bank EXAMS 2018 !!!
Directions- (Q.1-10) In the mentioned questions , a paragraph is given. Fill the blank with the correct sentence from the options.
- The relations between Russia (Former Soviet Union) and India witnessed great heights and depths during the heyday of cold war. When India became independent, it adopted mixed economy and planned development model for India’s growth and development. Externally India opted for the Non-alignment movement to keep away from the power politics of two super-powers-Soviet Union and US. under these policies, India’s forays into socialism and its opposition to colonialism, capitalism and neo-colonialism placed India in close proximity to Soviet Union in external affairs. Climax came during the Indo-Pak war 1971, when India and Soviet Union signed a treaty of peace and friendship.__________________.
1. However, after the disintegration of Soviet Union the environment for close ties between the two nations was seriously disrupted.
2. The treaty assumed strategic significance in view of the fact that US had threatened India’s rising tensions with Pakistan. Many critics blamed India for leaving the policy of Non-alignment and joining the soviet camp.
3. The treaty of Friendship and cooperation 1993 was a kind of special milestone in the strategic partnership between the Soviet Union and India.
4. During the cold war, Indo-Soviet cooperation expanded to many different areas.
5. Besides supply of oil and gas to India, Russia has also been instrumental in the development of nuclear energy in India. Defence sector too has been the fulcrum of this relationship
Answer : 2)
Option 2 is suitable
- There are three core values of economic development of any country viz., life sustenance:ability to meet basic needs; self esteem and freedom from servitude. Due to poverty, these core values are badly affected. Poverty erodes self esteem of a person and the person becomes slave of his miseries; he can’t make choices; he has to just survive on whatever he possess. A poor person’s life expectancy is less than 45 years on an average. Poverty also results in underemployment, adult illiteracy and gender inequality. Despite various measures to tackle poverty, this problem has not yet vanished from the world._____________________. Most of the criminals, terrorists and anti social elements are the poor people.
1. Poverty eclipses the brightest virtues. And is the very sepulcher of brave designs, depriving a man of the means to accomplish what nature has fitted for him.
2. However there is no end to this curse. It is almost a perpetual natural calamity environment for those struggling to make both ends meet.
3. The world can’t be termed as peaceful until or unless the poverty is alleviated completely because by eradicating it many other social problems linked to peace process can be solved easily.
4. There is no denying the fact that a person in immense poverty resorts to commit crimes more easily than the others.
5. Poverty brings with it many miseries and unhappiness to the sufferers
Answer : 4)
Option 4 is suitable
- Robots are getting smaller and smaller, from the size of bugs to tiny bead-shaped robots that could one day swim through the body to monitor health or deliver medication. MIT engineers recently managed to create cell-sized robots that could collect data about their environment, but were a little tricky to manufacture. Now the team has found a way to mass produce these synthetic cells (syncells) through controlled fracturing of graphene. Their revealed robots were so small, they were forever at the mercy of the molecules of whatever liquid they were suspended in. That means there was no point trying to steer them, but they could still kick back and observe, sensing their surroundings and storing data for long periods of time. _________________________. But consequently the problem was that these tiny bots all needed to be made by hand, which is obviously a time consuming process.
1. The vision of Cell sized robots was turned into a reality by experts at the MIT who achieved it breaking no sweat.
2. First, the electronics are encased in a polymer material. Then, tiny dots of this stuff are deposited onto a flat sheet of graphene by a micro array printer.
3. Later, they could be filtered out and analyzed to get a reading of water quality, for example, biomarkers for disease in patient’s bloodstream.
4. One of the components of the program is to enhance the quality of life of ordinary people and remove drudgery.
5. To speed things up, the team has now come up with a manufacturing process called ‘auto perforation’.
Answer : 3)
Option 3 is suitable
- The six months waiver on sanctions granted by the US to India and seven other countries importing oil from Iran highlights the importance of economic factors in the India-US strategic partnership. The exemption also puts the spotlight on the link between economics and strategy. ________________ The waiver shows that Washington and New Delhi will cooperate on India’s oil and gas needs. And it goes on to show India’s position as a nation on global platform and it commands as much respect as any other powerful nation. But again, there is no room for complacency and India must focus on diversify its oil import sources so as to reduce dependability on one particular nation.
1. Despite Mr. Trump’s propensity for springing unpleasant surprises, India has so far walked the US-Iran strategy economics tight rope.
2. The waiver gives India a breathing space of sorts and will help maintain India-US ties on an even keel.
3. At the same time, friendly ties with a politically stable Iran undoubtedly suit India.
4. India should entertain no illusion about the Trump administration as it for the time being is really unpredictable, situation can turn hostile overnight.
5. And not just India, China, India’s main Asian competitor and perceived by the US as a security threat has also been granted the waiver.
Answer : 2)
Option 2 is suitable
- In India, 8.88 crore households are found to be deprived and poor households as per Socio Economic Caste Census (SECC) of 2011 from the perspective of multi-dimensional deprivations such as shelterlessness, landlessness, households headed by single women, SC/ST household or disabled member in the family. ______________________ . In this context, ‘Mission Antyodaya’ seeks to converge government interventions with Gram Panchayats as the basic unit for planning by following a saturation approach by pooling resources – human and financial – to ensure sustainable livelihoods.
1. The thrust is not only on physical infrastructure but also on social infrastructure with strengthening of agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry activities with utmost priority
2. The Framework makes use of technology to ensure that benefits reach those who are most deserving as per SECC data
3. Mission Antyodaya is a convergence framework for measurable effective outcomes on parameters that transform lives and livelihoods.
4. These households require targeted interventions under government’s various schemes and programmes in areas such as wage creation, skill generation, social security, education, health, nutrition and livelihood creation
5. These Gram Panchayats display high level of social capital and have the ability to implement rapid Rural Transformation for poverty elimination.
Answer : 4)
Option 4 is suitable
- The fast and dramatic changes in information technology specially in last one decade has given new concept of marketing in which buyer and seller do not see each other face to face nor see the goods physically; the whole transaction is carried out with the help of ‘online’ communication. ____________________ In the e – commerce internet provides information about goods and services “It is” a way of conducting imaging and executing business transactions and services through electronic media and networking in computers and communication network, websites, e-mail are resorted.
1. Under this system when some consumer want to dispose off his old items, he can take the help of selling through internet. But this type of e-commerce is not very common at least in India and the business is negligible.
2.In order that consumer may visit particular website, sellers have to advertise about their website so that consumer may visit the website.
3. The entire deal is carried out with the help of computer – telecommunication and networking with associated hardware
4. But now many countries allow this type of activity through e-mail/e-commerce. However, as yet this is not being done in India.
5. It is largely limited to durable goods like computers, TV’s, automobiles, books, travel reservation.
Answer : 3)
Option 3 is suitableOption 3 is suitable
- ________________________________. GSLV Mk III, the three stage heavy lift vehicle will be used to launch gaganyaan as it has the necessary payload capability. The total programme is expected to be completed before 2022 with the first unmanned flight within 30 months. The trials for crewed space missions began in 2007 with the 600 kg Space Capsule Recovery Experiment (SRE), launched using the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) rocket, and safely returned to earth 12 days later. This followed with the Crew Module Atmospheric Re-entry Experiment, and the Pad Abort Test in 2018. This enables India to develop heat-resistant materials, technology and procedures necessary for human space travel.
1. The Indian Human Spaceflight Programme (HSP) was created by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to develop the technology needed to launch crewed orbital spacecraft into low Earth orbit.
2. India’s first manned space flight Gaganyaan is expected to send three persons or ‘vyomanauts’ into the space for seven days and the spacecraft will be placed in a low earth orbit of 300-400 km.
3. Having shown success in all preliminary tests, the decisive push for the creation of the Human Spaceflight Programme took place in 2017 and it was accepted and formally announced by the Prime Minister on 15 August 2018.
4. The main objective of this programme is to develop and fly the 3.7-ton spaceship called Gaganyaan that will carry a 3-member crew to low Earth orbit
5. ISRO signed an Memorandum of understanding with Institute of Aerospace Medicine to conduct preliminary research on psychological and physiological needs of crew and development of training facilities
Answer : 2)
Option 2 is suitable
- Employment, it needs to be realised, is like insulin, which delivers the sweet benefits of growth to the citizens.__________________________ . Inflation is not a problem right now, but jobs are. Job growth has been much slower since 2012. Economic growth is meaningful only as long as it creates new non-agricultural jobs. Job growth leads to an increase in consumer demand which has the effect of sustaining GDP growth and reducing volatility in the output growth rate. At the moment, some data suggest that India has a total number of workers exceeding 50 million who are either unemployed or under-employed.
1. The ‘feel good factor’ for ordinary people depends not so much on growth as on whether inflation is under control, and whether they can find jobs
2. There is a paucity of data on employment and unemployment in India, with the stoppage of Annual employment & unemployment Survey.
3. Otherwise, growth accumulates, like sugar in the blood, as inequalities in the society with adverse consequences.
4. In view of the economic situation, government needs to strategise growth path.
5. The workforce us defined to be those who are employed or looking for work. India doesn’t have a real time reliable measure of job creation data.
Answer : 3)
Option 3 is suitable
- The first foreign visit of Imran Khan, the newly elected Prime Minister of Pakistan in September 2018 to Saudi Arabia is potent with strategic significance. After the visit, the news followed that Saudi Arabia has agreed to join the Chinese funded mega project- China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), which is designed to develop transport and other infrastructure along the economic corridor linking Xingjian province of China to Pakistan’s Gwadar port in Arabian sea. Saudi Arabia may have been prompted to join the project in view of Indo-Iran agreement to develop Chabahar port in Iran to facilitate Indian access to Afghanistan and Central Asia. ________________________.
1. Now, India seems to have paid special attention to the region of West Asia in last two years to rejuvenate her old ties with countries of West Asia.
2. The policy is likely to address the energy security issue of India.
3. Arab countries and India have enjoyed close historical, cultural, and commercial relations
4. India has objections with the CPEC as it passes through the Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, which is claimed by India.
5. In spite of these developments, credit goes to India to cultivate close ties with arch rivals at the same time in West Asia- Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Answer : 5)
Option 5 is suitable
- Since the colonial Times Assam has seen migration from the adjoining areas. British brought farmers and plantation workers from Bengal and Bihar to augment their revenue.__________________________. The large-scale immigration from Bangladesh into the Assam during 60s and 70s had erupted mass-protests in the state, culminated into signing of an accord between the leaders of Assam and the Union Government headed by PM Rajiv Gandhi. The issue of illegal Bangladeshi migrants is harming the development, peace and tranquillity of Assam due to its economic, ethnic & religious dimensions. Speedy resolution of NRC and Assam Accord is therefore need of the hour.
1. However, the problem of immigration aggravated after separation of East Pakistan and the persecution of Bangladeshis by the Pakistani Army.
2. NRC is important process taken up to protect the political and economic rights of Indian citizens. It must be allowed to reach its logical conclusion without giving it a communal or political colour.
3. The NRC was created under pressure of the agitation in Assam led by the All Assam Students Union culminating in the 1985 Assam Accord.
4. Instead of trying to resolve differences, irresponsible politics ensued, built on creating fear.
5. The Assam citizen count has been exposed already as arbitrary and flawed. There needs to be a robust and sympathetic system to ensure due process rights in establishing citizenship claims.
Answer : 1)
Option 1 is suitable