Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in FILL IN THE BLANK, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- What we have not seen in 2015 — and would be_______to see in 2016 — is a reversion to the Charter and an_______that conflict-prevention is the best diplomacy.
1) sad, Praise
2) lucky, acknowledgement
3) Shocked, Knowledge
4) happy, WiseAnswer – 2)
Explanation: lucky, acknowledgement
- It is, however, necessary to distinguish between developments that just______news and diplomatic initiatives that will______the course of history for the better.
1) Fake, focus
2) see , change
3) make, alter
4) Made, differentAnswer – 3)
Explanation: make , alter
- Looking from the outside, my______ point the Indian intelligentsia is increasingly_______ the West.
1) vantage, imitating
2) Relief, Growing
3) Views, curbing
4) Belief, creatingAnswer – 1)
Explanation: vantage, imitating
- When diplomacy fails or is_______, the wheels of war start to grind. The_______of military action in Iraq, Libya and Syria laid the basis for the emergence of the IS.
1) hold, aftermath
2) abandoned, consequences
3) Forsake, threat
4) leave, planingAnswer – 2)
Explanation: abandoned, consequences
- The culture from_______which we look at the West and appropriate its thoughts_______ undeniably Indian.
1) that, continue
2) beside, certain
3) with, still
4) within , remainsAnswer – 4)
Explanation: within , remains
- The way Christians and Muslims dress in their places of worship is not an________ for other Indians not to dress the way they________do in their temples.
1) along, generally
2) dispute, equally
3) argument, normally
4) dissipate, speciallyAnswer – 3)
Explanation: argument, normally
- How the West arranges its own society is not a knockdown argument in_______of its civilisational priority or primacy, or proof of the_______of other ways of organising social life.
1) agree, scrutiny
2) favour , inferiority
3) against, complexity
4) with, curiosityAnswer – 2)
Explanation: favour , inferiority
- The horrific consequences of the civil war in Syria are still playing out. Clearly, Iraq 2003, Libya 2011, and Syria now,_______the most_______testimony on the failure of diplomacy.
1) provide, eloquent
2) leave , fluent
3) develop, fast
4) emphasis, alertAnswer – 1)
Explanation: provide, eloquent
- While this consideration is perhaps_______acceptable, the Indian intelligentsia does not obviously_______in its truth.
1) specially, trust
2) abstractly, believe
3) ideologically, care
4) logically, listenAnswer – 2)
Explanation: abstractly, believe
- In Libya 2011, council authorisation was________in what later turned out to be a barely________attempt at regime change.
1) ongoing, unmasked
2) remaining, revealed
3) upcoming, represented
4) forthcoming ,disguisedAnswer – 4)
Explanation: forthcoming ,disguised