Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Advances in robotics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning have_____________the rate at which_____________is displacing workers.
1) aggrandizement, accumulation
2) depletion, augmentation
3) access, accretion,
4) decrease, disgusting
5) accelerated, automationAnswer – 5)
Explanation: accelerated, automation
accelerated – (especially of a vehicle) begin to move more quickly.
- Today’s superstar companies owe their_____________position to digital technology’s network effects, whereby a product becomes even more_____________as more people use it.
1) burgeoning, elaboration
2) retard, escalation
3) disadvantageous, undesirable
4) privileged, desirable
5) underprivileged, disagreeableAnswer – 4)
Explanation: privileged, desirable
privileged – having special rights, advantages, or immunities.
- once these firms are established and dominate their chosen market, the new economy allows them to_____________anti-competitive measures that prevent actual and potential_____________from challenging their position.
1) pursue, rivals
2) underprivileged, exaggeration
3) stated, accrual
4) unequal, breakthrough
5) unparallel, cumulationAnswer – 1)
Explanation: pursue, rivals
pursue – follow or chase (someone or something).
rivals – a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.
- As it stands, national competition authorities in G20 countries are inadequately_____________to regulate corporations that_____________globally.
1) dissimilar, enlargement
2) equipped, operate
3) stripped, detach
4) unfurnished, unshackle
5) outspoken, unbindAnswer – 2)
Explanation: equipped, operate
equipped – supply with the necessary items for a particular purpose.
operate – (of a person) control the functioning of (a machine, process, or system).
- Moreover, the G20 cannot simply trust that global competition will correct on its own the_____________toward increased market_____________.
1) different, manumit
2) definitive, expansion
3) tendency, concentration
4) disinclination, disembarrass
5) inaptitude, emancipateAnswer – 3)
Explanation: tendency, concentration
tendency – an inclination towards a particular characteristic or type of behaviour.
- It is host to many of today’s superstar firms, and yet US_____________regulators have not been able to_____________those firms’ market power.
1) skillessness, unhook
2) prejudiced, rescue
3) underhand, redeem
4) antitrust, restrain
5) inequitable, unchainAnswer – 4)
Explanation: antitrust, restrain
antitrust – (of legislation, chiefly in the US) preventing or controlling trusts or other monopolies, and so promoting fair competition in business.
- The objective of a world competition network is to build an effective legal framework to_____________competition law against companies engaging in cross-border business practices that_____________competition.
1) shabby, incorporation
2) biased, increment
3) partial, resembling
4) enforce, restrict
5) categorical, enlargeAnswer – 4)
Explanation: enforce, restrict
enforce – compel observance of or compliance with (a law, rule, or obligation).
restrict – put a limit on; keep under control.
- Well-intentioned analysts can and do_____________on what assumptions to make and often arrive at very_____________estimates.
1) partisan, rigid
2) unmerited, expand
3) influenced, homogeneous
4) straightforward, correspondent
5) differ, differentAnswer – 5)
Explanation: differ, different
differ – be unlike or dissimilar.
- All applications of CBA are controversial when economists with different_____________or implicit_____________study the same topic.
1) accurate, anguish
2) explicit, biases
3) distinct, uncooperative
4) undeserved, separate
5) unforgivable, disunitedAnswer – 2)
Explanation: explicit, biases
explicit – stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
biases – inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.
- The network may_____________investigations and enforcement decisions and develop new guidelines for how to monitor market power and_____________practices in a digital economy.
1) unrighteous, profound
2) perspicuous, diminish
3) lucid, disobliging
4) precise, disjoint
5) coordinate, collusiveAnswer – 5)
Explanation: coordinate, collusive
coordinate – bring the different elements of (a complex activity or organization) into a harmonious or efficient relationship.
collusive – secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose acting in collusion with the enemy.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification