AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 12 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On June 11, 2017, which initiative was launched by Government of India to make legal aid easily accessible to the marginalized communities and citizens living in rural area?
5.Fast-LawAnswer – 2.Tele-Law
Under ‘Tele-Law’ initiative, Union Ministry of Law and Justice has partnered with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, to provide legal aid services through its Common Service Centres (CSC) at the panchayat level across India.
- On June 11, 2017, Goods and Services Tax (GST) council lowered tax rates on how many items under the new regime?
5.106 itemsAnswer – 1.66 times
On June 11, 2017, Goods and Services Tax (GST) council lowered rates on 66 goods and services, including Insulin, schoolbags, colouring books, construction items, pickles and mustard sauce. Tax rate on insulin and cashew has been lowered to 5% from the earlier 12%, food items like pickles and ketchup have been placed under 12% tax bracket as against the earlier 18% tax bracket.
- The Indian Railways is planning to induct about 40,000 coaches with improved interiors and upgraded facilities at an estimated cost of Rs 8,000 crore by year:
5.2025Answer – 3.2023
The Indian Railways is planning to induct about 40,000 coaches with improved interiors and upgraded facilities at an estimated cost of Rs 8,000 crore to provide world-class comfort to passengers. Besides, it will strengthen safety features in all existing conventional coaches equipping them with strong couplers to prevent capsizing during accidents.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has entered into an agreement with the Metal Industries Development Institute (MIDI),located in ______to implement a twinning programme.
5.SomaliaAnswer – 4.Ethiopia
Keeping in line with Prime Minister Modi’s stress on stronger and long-term cooperation between African countries and India for mutual benefits in the areas of agriculture, women empowerment, rural development, infrastructure etc., the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has entered into an agreement with the Metal Industries Development Institute (MIDI), Ethiopia to implement a twinning programme.
- Chief Minister of which state has demanded a separate time zone for the state to improve work efficiency and save electricity?
5.MizoramAnswer –1.Arunachal Pradesh
Pema Khandu, the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, has demanded a separate time zone for Arunachal Pradesh to improve work efficiency and save electricity in the state. Prema Khandu has mentioned that people in Arunachal Pradesh wake up as early as 4am (according to Indian Standard Time). Owing to this, several daylight hours are wasted as government offices open only at 10am and closes at 4pm.
- On June 12, 2017, which state assembly unanimously passed a resolution opposing the Centre’s notification banning the sale and purchase of cattle at animal markets for slaughter?
5.GoaAnswer – 2.Meghalaya
On June 12, 2017, Meghalaya state assembly unanimously passed a resolution opposing the Centre’s notification banning the sale and purchase of cattle at animal markets for slaughter and demanded its withdrawal as it would impact the economy of the state and the food habit of its people.
- Which country has recently launched world’s largest floating solar farm consisting 160000 panels?
5.MoroccoAnswer – 3.China
China has launched world’s largest floating solar farm consisting 160000 panels. It is a waterborne plant and is expected to generate 40 megawatts at one time and could supply electricity for over 15,000 homes. The plant has been built in Huainan city, Anhui Province, by Sungrow Power Supply, a Chinese company specialised in renewable energy.
- As mentioned by Commerce Secretary Mrs Rita Teaotia, India has emerged as _______ largest exporter of agri-products globally.
1.3rd largest exporter
2.4th largest exporter
3.5th largest exporter
4.6th largest exporter
5.7th largest exporterAnswer – 5.7th largest exporter
At 22nd Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) Annual Award Function in New Delhi on June 12, 2017, Commerce Secretary Mrs Rita Teaotia, mentioned that India has emerged as 7th largest exporter of agri-products globally.
- Who among the following has won the Little Miss Universe 2017 beauty pageant?
5.Prachi BrahmbhattAnswer – 1.Padmalaya Nanda
Besides winning the Golden Crown in Georgia’s Little Miss Universe Internet 2017 on June 4, 2017, Padmalaya has also won the Little Miss Actress title. She is next going to participate in two more beauty pageants — Little Miss World and Junior Model International.
- Who among the following has become the first High Court judge to retire while still absconding?
1.P V Sen
2.N K Moorthy
3.V L Nair
4.S P Banerjee
5.C S KarnanAnswer – 5.C S Karnan
Calcutta High Court Judge CS Karnan, who is facing arrest for being held guilty under the Contempt of Courts Act, retired on June 12, 2017. Karnan will be the first High Court judge to retire while still absconding. Justice Karnan has been missing since May 10, 2017 after the Supreme Court sentenced him to six months in jail.
- World’s smallest and most affordable private jet called ‘Vision Jet’ has been launched in which country?
5.IsraelAnswer – 2.US
US-based aviation company Cirrus Aircraft has launched world’s smallest and most affordable private jet called ‘Vision Jet’ for Rs.12.62 crore. The jet which had been in making for a decade has only one engine and can cruise at 555 kmph. It has a maximum operating altitude of 28,000 feet, and takes off from just 620 metres of runway.
- CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC), Chennai, has developed a cost-effective toilet that weighs less than _____kg and that has a life of 25-30 years.
5.600 kgAnswer – 4.500 kg
A cost-effective toilet that weighs less than 500kg and that has a life of 25-30 years can be made in-situ and even assembled in under five hours. It is one of the prototypes the CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC), Chennai, has developed in the past three months for areas where toilet coverage is still incomplete.
- Which among the following team has won Under-20 Football World Cup?
5.ColombiaAnswer – 3.England
England has won a global trophy after a gap of 51-years. Everton striker Calvert-Lewin became the third England player to score in a World Cup final after Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters in 1966.
- Nguyen Duc Hoa is associated with which sport?
5.Weight LiftingAnswer – 2.Chess
Vietnam Grand Master Nguyen Duc Hoa clinched a decisive win against Indian Grand Master Neelotpal Das in the 10th and concluding round to finish with 8.5 points and emerge champion of the 10th Mumbai Mayor’s Cup International Open Chess Tournament on June 11, 2017.
- Who among the following F1 Driver has won Canadian Grand Prixfor the sixth time?
5.Valtteri BottasAnswer – 3.Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton revived his bid for a fourth driver’s world title when he cruised to victory in the Canadian Grand Prix on June 11, 2017 ahead of his Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas. It was his sixth victory at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve — where he claimed his maiden triumph in 2007.
- C Narayana Reddy, who passed away on June 12, 2017, was a:
2.Telugu poet and writer
5.Human Rights ActivistAnswer – 2.Telugu Poet and writer
Legendary Telugu poet and writer C Narayana Reddy passed away in Hyderabad on June 12, 2017. He was 85. He had several publications to his credit which include poems, songs, lyrical dramas, ballets, essays, travelogues, ghazals – original and in translation – and literary criticism.
- What was the theme of World Day Against Child Labour 2017, observed on June 12, 2017?
1.In conflicts and disasters, protect children from child labour
2.Protecting Rights of Children
3.Spreading Education to curb Child Labour
4.Raise your voice against child labour
5.Child Labour and Modern Day ConflictsAnswer – 1.In conflicts and disasters, protect children from child labour
The International Labour Organization (ILO) launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 to focus attention on the global extent of child labour and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it. Each year on 12 June, the World Day Against Child Labour brings together governments, employers and workers organizations, civil society, as well as millions of people from around the world to highlight the plight of child labourers and what can be done to help them.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.