Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- BRI is a reasonably big deal in the region and being looked at as an____________which can recharge economic____________.
1) indifference, susceptibility
2) clearance, probability
3) vulnerability, virulence
4) initiative, momentum
5) lethargy, blessingAnswer – 4)
Explanation: initiative, momentum
initiative – the ability to assess and initiate things independently.
momentum – the quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity.
- We cannot____________that we are a pro-connectivity country while continuing to create____________in trade talks.
1) frailty, assistance
2) foible, advantage
3) originality, punch
4) dynamism, energy
5) claim, obstaclesAnswer – 5)
Explanation: claim, obstacles
claim – state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
obstacles – a thing that blocks one’s way or prevents or hinders progress.
- Realising i had no idea what anti-malware is, here i am, with a Bengali____________about how Kolkata has been____________over the years by the malware community.
1) ranting, destroyed
2) leadership, moxie
3) ambition, drive
4) armor, survive
5) attribution, beefAnswer – 1)
Explanation: ranting, destroyed
ranting – a long, angry, and impassioned speech.
destroyed – end the existence of (something) by damaging or attacking it.
- A glance at them justifies the____________the city has earned for being the home to stylish and well groomed people; the____________gets more obvious to those coming from the South.
1) impeachment, imputation
2) steam, vigor
3) distinction, peculiarity
4) insinuation, treason
5) resourcefulness, spunkAnswer – 3)
Explanation: distinction, peculiarity
distinction – a difference or contrast between similar things or people.
peculiarity – a strange or unusual feature or habit.
- Since they were out of sight for so many years, I____________thought the profession had slipped into oblivion with many other____________professions, never to rise again.
1) ingenuously, fading
2) enterprise, enthusiasm
3) complaint, incredulity
4) citation, prospering
5) rumble, flourishAnswer – 1)
Explanation: ingenuously, fading
ingenuously – Ingenuous means innocent, artless, simple.
fading – gradually grow faint and disappear.
- Although it was my maiden trip to the capital city, I felt confident and secure when I____________out to____________the place and its people, with an air of familiarity.
1) astonishment, uncertainty
2) censure, consternation
3) squawk, stink
4) gumption, inventiveness
5) ventured, discoverAnswer – 5)
Explanation: ventured, discover
ventured – undertake a risky or daring journey or course of action.
discover – find unexpectedly or during a search.
- In that____________, the Centre’s____________that it will come up with a new law if the apex court strikes down triple talaq as unconstitutional doesn’t add up.
1) indictment, perplexity
2) denunciation, fascination
3) context, proclamation
4) recrimination, roar
5) prosperous, roaringAnswer – 3)
Explanation: context, proclamation
context – the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.
proclamation – a public or official announcement dealing with a matter of great importance.
- If____________RBI with a formal goal of targeting inflation was a landmark, reviving the debate on the related issue of fiscal____________is no less important.
1) mandating, profligacy
2) arraignment, curiosity
3) flourishing, palmy
4) thrive, expand
5) marveling, skepticismAnswer – 1)
Explanation: mandating, profligacy
mandating – give (someone) authority to act in a certain way.
profligacy – reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources.
- Even if it was partially caused by special borrowing to deal with a struggling power sector, the____________in terms of repayment____________will squeeze future budgets.
1) bewilderment, sedition
2) wonderment, treachery
3) puzzlement, reverence
4) turn, brandish
5) fallout, obligationsAnswer – 5)
Explanation: fallout, obligations
fallout – radioactive particles that are carried into the atmosphere after a nuclear explosion and gradually fall back as dust or in precipitation.
obligations – an act or course of action to which a person is morally or legally bound; a duty or commitment.
- India needs a more robust institutional architecture to____________periodic bouts of loose fiscal policies and____________deficits at both Centre and states.
1) prevent, ballooning
2) stupefaction, stupor
3) perturbation, shrivel
4) wondering, shrinking
5) suspicion, deflateAnswer – 1)
Explanation: prevent, ballooning
prevent – keep (something) from happening.
ballooning – the sport or pastime of flying in a balloon.