Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- Research suggests there will be an annual rise in___________until 2042, before a decline sets in.
4) healthfulAnswer – 2)
Explanation: fatalities – an occurrence of death by accident, in war, or from disease.
- If the super delegates___________her stay true to their promise to support her at the convention, then Ms. Clinton will have finally won the bid to be on the ballot as a presidential candidate, eight years after she first gave it a shot.
4) relayingAnswer – 3)
Explanation: backing – help or support.
- Of course, to occupy the White House, she will first have to ward off a stiff attack from___________Republican nominee Donald Trump, the fire-breathing property billionaire.
4) presumptiveAnswer – 4)
Explanation: presumptive – of the nature of a presumption; presumed in the absence of further information.
- At the moment Ms. Clinton’s strong delegate count puts in the shadow her only Democratic___________the self-declared socialist Bernie Sanders.
4) supportingAnswer – 2)
Explanation: Rival – a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.
- Only 241 athletes from 14 countries participated in this event; about 11,000 athletes from over 200 nations___________at Rio.
4) competeAnswer – 4)
Explanation: compete – strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.
- A true celebrity is one who is able to bring a certain spirit into daily life, inspiring and_________joy to those around.
4) increasingAnswer – 1)
Explanation: radiating – emit (energy, especially light or heat) in the form of rays or waves.
- In a recent interview, Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan__________the celebrity culture and the adoption of celebrities as role models.
4) lamentedAnswer – 4)
Explanation: lamented – a conventional way of describing someone who has died or something that has ceased to exist.
- We become so anaesthetised that it almost seems normal, and we don’t even question the choices we make or the values we are___________.
4) pretendingAnswer – 2)
Explanation: promoting – support or actively encourage (a cause, venture, etc.); further the progress of.
- The challenge of warding off _________inflationary pressures in the early stages of the tax’s implementation will require enlightened policies.
4) prescribeAnswer – 2)
Explanation: incipient – beginning to happen or develop.
- It will subsume multiple indirect taxes, including State-level sales tax, octroi and other levies, that make doing business in India a_________as well as logistical nightmare.
4) vetoAnswer – 1)
Explanation: compliance – the action or fact of complying with a wish or command.