Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- A new inflation-focused framework is in place that has helped________ inflation and allowed________ to earn positive real interest rates on deposits after a long time.
1) coalesce, enroll
2) commingle, grant
3) coadjute, endorse
4) halve, savers
5) league, consentAnswer – 4)
Explanation: halve, savers
halve – divide into two parts of equal or roughly equal size.
savers – a person who regularly saves money through a bank or recognized scheme.
- In essence, the law of office of profit was introduced to end the_______between the duty of a member of the_______ towards the House and public and his personal interest.
1) peace, dissemination
2) concord, dispersion
3) conflict, legislature
4) agreement, diffusion
5) calm, circulationAnswer – 3)
Explanation: conflict, legislature
conflict – a serious disagreement or argument, typically a protracted one.
legislature – the legislative body of a country or state.
- While India could not have joined without Italy’s support, given the Regime’s consensus-based approach, the principle underpinning the entry relates to a broader________ of India’s verifiable export controls and its_______ potential as a supplier of, and market for, ballistic and drone technologies.
1) announced, develop
2) acceptance, perceived
3) disagreement, allege
4) refusal, hidden
5) dissent, unfoundAnswer – 2)
Explanation: acceptance, perceived
acceptance – the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered.
perceived – become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand.
- It is indeed a positive development to be counted among the________ nations of the world from the non-proliferation________ rather than be associated with, say, the Abdul Qadeer Khans of the world.
1) responsible, perspective
2) immune, choate
3) irresponsible, conclusive
4) excused, consummate
5) exempt, concentratedAnswer – 1)
Explanation: responsible, perspective
perspective – the art of representing three-dimensional objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other.
- In the most recent incident, the BSF killed two more Bangladeshi nationals on Charaldanga_______ in Chapainawabganj on June 20 for________ smuggling illegal goods.
1) Original, occasionally
2) newfangled, generally
3) frontier, allegedly
4) modernistic, allowing
5) modish, necessarilyAnswer – 3)
Explanation: frontier, allegedly
frontier – a line or border separating two countries.
allegedly – used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no proof.
- The Supreme Court on Friday agreed to urgently hear a petition filed by the Arvind Kejriwal in Delhi ________ to restrain the Delhi High Court from passing any judicial orders on the scope and boundaries of the constitutional relationship between it and the Centre in _____________the National Capital.
1) depressing, supervising
2) probing, refusing
3) discouraging, dominating
4) searching, mismanaging
5) seeking, administeringAnswer – 5)
Explanation: seeking, administering
administering – manage and be responsible for the running of (a business, organization, etc.).
- In the run-up to the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) meeting in Seoul, it was this ________that the government seemed to be channelling as it carefully worked through speaking to members of the 48- nation nuclear club and _________the issue of China, which seemed to be openly challenging India’s efforts.
1) lunacy, avoided
2) inanity, dodged
3) sagacity, tackled
4) imbecility, grappled
5) absurdity, snatchedAnswer – 3)
Explanation: sagacity, tackled
Sagacity-The mental ability to understand and discriminate between relations Antonyms- Imbecility, lunacy, inanity, absurdity
- MTCR aims at restricting the proliferation of missiles, complete rocket systems, _________air vehicles and related technology for those systems capable of carrying a 500 kilogramme payload for at least 300 kilometres, as well as systems __________ for the delivery of weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
1) demoralized, improvised
2) fortified, unintended
3) energized, unplanned
4) unmanned, intended
5) manned, plannedAnswer – 4)
Explanation: unmanned, intended
unmanned – not having or needing a crew or staff.
intended – planned or meant.
- Under fire for taking a step back on the communal angle in the alleged _______from his constituency, Kairana in western Uttar Pradesh, BJP MP Hukum Singh is now being accused of _________the issue to promote the political career of one of his five daughters.
1) ingress, hiding
2) efflux, contrasting
3) influx, harmonizing
4) egress, disorganising
5)exodus, orchestratingAnswer – 5)
Explanation: exodus, orchestrating
orchestrating – plan or coordinate the elements of (a situation) to produce a desired effect, especially surreptitiously.
- The dispute, according to observers, _________ the overall difference in opinion between developed and developing countries on whether _______ alone should be a part of the NDCs or whether adaptation and the means of implementation should also be included.
2) dispersed, extenuation
3) commended, condemnation
4) expressed, accusation
5) reflected, mitigationAnswer – 5)
Explanation: reflected, mitigation
Mitigation -the action of reducing the severity, seriousness, or painfulness of something.