Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- New research____________that even when wild prey is available, the attacks on livestock by snow leopards have____________been on the rise.
1) camouflage, plague
2) cloak, illegible
3) obscure, harass
4) indicates , cumulativelyAnswer – 4)
Explanation: cumulatively, cumulatively
- Fortunately, research models indicate that there are considerable stretches of____________in High Asia that could____________climate-related changes in the greater Himalayan region, creating refuge lands for snow leopards.
1) resist, strain
2) steppes, withstand
3) harbors, grapple
4) couch, combatAnswer – 2)
- The____________had severely hit life in the hill districts, and it is clear that local support for the agitation was waning.
4) blockadeAnswer – 4)
- Today, the factors that pose a____________to the species remain unchanged, and the IUCN down-listing, which changes the classification since 1986, should not be____________by policymakers.
1) blight, bedevil
2) confront, torment
3) threat, misread
4) persevere, oppressAnswer – 3)
- If conservation has protected the cat, it must be____________by enlarging protected areas in all the range countries, and keeping out incompatible activities such as mining and human____________.
1) strengthened, interference
2) masquerade, intrusion
3) sneaked, impinging
4) bootleg, trespassingAnswer – 1)
- Whether the electorate will vindicate his judgment, however, may well depend on the grit and____________of his challenger, Tokyo’s first woman Governor, Yuriko Koike.
4) smuggleAnswer – 3)
- A free electricity____________can ease the financial burden on the poor to some degree, but it will not address the____________burden of power bills.
1) peculiar, intervention
2) connection, recurring
3) articulateness, intercession
4) queer, obtrusionAnswer – 2)
- In fact, by failing to account for____________connections taken by households which find it difficult to afford legal access to power, government data on electricity accessibility understate____________.
1) illegal, penetration
2) idleness, gatecrashing
3) timidity, tampering
4) peddle, trespassAnswer – 1)
- India handled the problem of the cat____________on goats, sheep, donkeys and other animals by roping in communities in conservation, and____________them for any losses.
1) preying, compensating
2) offbeat, ecowardice
3) grotesque, ludicrous
4) eccentric, deviantAnswer – 1)
- It would be a____________to conservation if governments shift their focus away from the big challenges to the snow leopard’s future:____________in live animals in Central Asia, and hostility from communities because of its attacks on livestock.
1) anomalous, bargain
2) preposterous, slackness
3) bizarre, cowardic
4) disservice, traffickingAnswer – 4)