AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz September 30 2017 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which ministry has notified the new Wetland (Conservation and Management) Rules 2017?
1. Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation
2. Minister of Rural Development
3. Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
4. Minister of Environment
5. Minister of Tribal AffairsAnswer – 4. Minister of Environment
On 26th September 2017, the Union Environment Ministry notified the new Wetland (Conservation and Management) Rules 2017, in New Delhi. The new rules will replace the 2010 version of the Wetland rules. Wetlands are lands mid-way between terrestrial and aquatic eco-systems. The water table is usually near the surface or the land is covered by shallow water.
- By what percent that Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) of India has been declined as per the report from Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin?
5.9Answer – 4. 8
On 29th September 2017, Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin was released, which stated that Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) of India has declined by three points (8%). IMR has reduced to 34 per 1000 live births in 2016, compared to the 37 per 1000 live births in 2015.
- Where did the India’s first mobile congress held?
2. New Delhi
5. BangaloreAnswer – 2. New Delhi
On 27th – 29th September 2017, India’s first Mobile Congress, India Mobile Congress 2017, was held at New Delhi.More than 300 exhibitors, and hundreds of startups from India participated in the India Mobile Congress.
- Who has inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok Bridge that links Leh to Karakoram, in Jammu and Kashmir?
1. Mr.Harsh Vardhan
2. Mr.Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati
3. Ms.Sushma Swaraj
4. Mr.Rajnath Singh
5. Ms.Nirmala SitharamanAnswer – 5. Ms.Nirmala Sitharaman
On 30th September 2017, Defence Minister Ms.Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok Bridge that links Leh to Karakoram, in Jammu and Kashmir. he Pratham-Shyok Brigde provides connectivity to the Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Olde axis, for military transport.
- Where was the Dr.Jitendra Singh inaugurated ISRO exhibition?
5. HyderabadAnswer – 1. Surat
On 29th September 2017, an exhibition highlighting the achievements of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space, Dr.Jitendra Singh, at Surat.
- Which country has won the Enactus World Cup 2017?
5. PolandAnswer – 1. India
On 29th September 2017, Team India won the Enactus World Cup 2017, in London. Enactus Team India, represented by Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, was named Global Champion for Project Raahat, which aims to increase sanitation in slum communities of urban Delhi, and Udaan, an initiative that empowers women to operate computer centres in rural. The Enactus World Cup is an annual event featuring the best social innovation projects created by the top university and college teams from 36 countries, qualified from 1,700 campuses and 72,000 student participants around the globe.
- SEBI allows FPIs to buy corporate debt up to Rs.9,500 crore in infrastructure sector.Who is the chairman of SEBI?
1. Vikram Limaye
2. Ashish Chauhan
3. Mr.Ajay Tyagi
5. G. HemantAnswer – 3. Mr.Ajay Tyagi
On 29th September 2017, The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) allowed Sovereign Wealth Funds and other long term Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) to buy up to Rs.9,500 crore worth corporate debt in infrastructure sector. Sub-limit for long term FPIs would be Rs.9,500 crore from 3rd October, 2017.This would be increased to Rs.19,000 crore from 1st January, 2018.
- Ireda becomes first Indian financial agency to raise funds overseas.These fund are also termed as ____________.
1. red masala bonds
2. green masala bonds
3. yellow masala bonds
4. Blue masala bonds
5. Black masala bondsAnswer – 2. green masala bonds
The state-owned Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (Ireda) became the first Indian financial institution to raise funds overseas announced on 30th Sept. 2017. These funds are termed as ‘green masala bonds’. It became the first Green Masala Bond to be listed on the International Securities Market (ISM).
- Who has become the first Indian woman to scale Mount Manaslu on 28th Sept. 2017?
1. Sangeetha Nair
2. Kripa Bhatnagar
3. Gowri Mehra
4. Aparna Kumar
5. Shanthi KrishnanAnswer – 4. Aparna Kumar
Indian Police Service (IPS) Officer of Uttar Pradesh Cadre, Aparna Kumar has become the first Indian woman to scale Mount Manaslu announced on 28th Sept. 2017.Mount Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain peak in the world.On September 25, Kumar took up a mission to climb Mount Manaslu in the west-central part of Nepal. In May 2016, she climbed Mount Everest before scaling Mount Vinson Massif, the highest peak in Antarctica.
- Which one of the following is the world’s most affordable technology hub?
5. KochiAnswer – – 4. Bengaluru
According to a study conducted by a realty consultancy firm Bengaluru is the world’s most affordable technology hub on 30th Sept. 2017.Among the top 29 global technology hubs covered by the study, Bengaluru emerged the cheapest in office rentals. Gurugram, another Indian city, comes second.
Bengaluru is the most affordable technology district, with a rent of $9.65 (Rs 632) per sq feet.
- President Ram Nath Kovind appointed new five governors for 5 different states on 30th September 2017.Which one of the following state is not included in this list?
1. Tamil Nadu
2. Arunachal Pradesh
5. MeghalayaAnswer – 3.Kerala
President Ram Nath Kovind appointed governors for the states of Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
Appointment of new Governors:
i. Governors appointed for the 5 states are as follows:
• Tamil Nadu – Banwarilal Purohit
• Arunachal Pradesh – Brigadier (Retd.) BD Mishra
• Bihar – Satya Pal Malik
• Assam – Jagdish Mukhi
• Meghalaya – Ganga Prasad
- Which oil producer of Russia has elected Former German Chancellor Mr.Gerhard Schroeder as new Chairman?
3. Gazprom Neft
5. TatneftAnswer – 1. Rosneft
On 29th September 2017, Former German Chancellor Mr.Gerhard Schroeder was elected as Chairman of Russia’s biggest oil producer Rosneft, in Russia.The Russian government nominated Mr.Schroeder in August 2017, to join the board of Rosneft Gerhard Schroeder is a close friend of Russian President Mr.Vladimir Putin.He is a Social Democrat.
- Name the telecom firm has announced agreement with IoT solutions provider Aeris Communications to jointly tap the Internet of Things market in India.
5. VodofoneAnswer – 2. BSNL
State-run telecom firm Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd has announced agreement with IoT solutions provider Aeris Communications to jointly tap the Internet of Things market in India on 29th Sept. 2017.
- FIFA has launched the official ball for Under-17 football World Cup and it will be called _________.
5. DobriyAnswer – 3. Krasava
FIFA has launched the official ball for Under-17 football World Cup and it will be called Krasava, a word generally used by Russian sports fans to describe a striking performance.The ball is manufactured by ‘Adidas’ and the pattern on it features a striking red design with jagged lines running through it.
- Tom Alter has passed away at the age of 67 on 30th Sept. 2017.Who is he?
1. Football player
2. an Actor
3. a singer
4. a Musician
5. a Political leaderAnswer – 2. an Actor
Veteran theatre, television and film actor Tom Alter, best known for his performances in “Shatranj Ke Khilari”, “Junoon” and “Kranti”, passed away at the age of 67 on 30th Sept. 2017.The actor was suffering from squamous cell carcinoma (a type of skin cancer).Tom was also honoured with the Padma Shri in 2008 for his services to the field of arts and cinema.
- Which Guwahati-based journalist and editor of Dainik Asam, oldest Assamese daily newspaper had passed away at 84?
5. Radhika Mohan BhagawatiAnswer – 5. Radhika Mohan Bhagawati
Radhika Mohan Bhagawati, veteran Guwahati-based journalist and editor of Dainik Asam, oldest He was born at Jamugurihat in Sonitpur district on January 19, 1933.Bhagawati had started his career as a journalist in 1958 as a sub-editor in the now defunct Assamese daily Natun Asamiya and later rose to be its editor.
- What day is celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of St. Jerome International Federation of Translators (FIT)?
1. International Translation Day
2. World Water Day
3. World Tourism Day
4. International Coconut Day
5. World Rabbies DayAnswer – 1.International Translation Day
International Translation Day is celebrated every year on 30th September on the feast of St. Jerome. International Federation of Translators (FIT) decides on a theme for each year and invites all of its member associations to join it in celebrating the day around the theme. International Translation Day 2017 theme, ‘Translation and Diversity’ .