Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Current Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are covering some important Banking Awareness Questions. Do study this banking quiz thoroughly as it may prove to be helpful in upcoming exams.
- Axis Bank has tied up with which payments company to operate its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) enabled app?
E) OxigenC) Freecharge
Country’s third largest private sector lender Axis Bank said it is ready with a Unified Payments Interface (UPI) app, while it also announced a tie-up with digital payments company Freecharge for it.
- Yes Bank in August rolled out which facility under its ‘Yes We Care’ initiative?
A) 2 months leave for new father
B) 6 months leave for pregnant women
C) work for home
D) adoption leave
E) None of theseD) adoption leave
The new policy is called “Bringing A Beautiful Yes”.
Private sector lender Yes Bank has rolled out adoption benefits for its workforce, in an effort to align organisational objectives with the needs of employees.
Realising that employees need to spend time building an emotional connect with new additions to the family and recognising that many are choosing to adopt children, the organisation has introduced the benefits, which are applicable 1st August onwards.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has enabled which of the following banks online shopping portal on its mobile banking app to provide seamless shopping experience for its customers?
C) Amazon India
D) Ebay India
E) MytraA) Flipkart
Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank has enabled online shopping portal Flipkart in its mobile banking application in order to ensure a seamless shopping experience for its customers.
“The biggest problem faced by consumers is the transaction failure during the payment mode. Through this integration the bank will try to solve that problem for our customers.
- The Reserve Bank of India will transfer how much surplus to the government for FY’16 as dividend?
A) Rs 68876 crore
B) Rs 65885 crore
C) Rs 75876 crore
D) Rs 65876 crore
E) Rs 65776 croreD) Rs 65876 crore
The Reserve Bank of India will Rs 65876 crore as surplus transfer to the government for FY’16, Rs 20 crore less that previous year’s Rs 65896 crore, a central bank release said.
The surplus approved by the Reserve Bank of India board could be used to fund the centre’s fiscal deficit .
- Recently RBI has made necessary to have certification for bank employees involved in specialised jobs. The deadline to get this certification is
A) April 1, 2017
B) April 1, 2018
C) January 1, 2018
D) January 1, 2017
E) July 1, 2017B) April 1, 2018
Bank employees working in specialised areas such as treasury, risk management and accounting will need to be specially trained and go through certification programmes, Reserve Bank of India directed banks.
The central bank said that bank staff would have obtain the requisite certification before April 1, 2018 for getting posted in these functional areas.
- Which bank has launched USSD based mobile app for basic banking needs with NPCI
A) United Bank of India
B) Union Bank of India
C) UCO Bank
D) Indian Bank
E) Indian Overseas BankB) Union Bank of India
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the umbrella organisation for all retail payments system in the country has partnered with Union Bank of India to launch an USSD based *99# mobile application for their customers.
This application can be downloaded in an android smartphone from the Google Play Store by the bank customers and can be used even without any internet connection as it does not require any data.
- SBI card is going to launch a co-branded credit cards for the customers of private sector bank
A) Karnataka Bank
B) Federal Bank
C) City Union
D) South Indian Bank
E) RBL BankD) South Indian Bank
South Indian Bank, leading private sector bank, and SBI Card, one of India’s leading Credit Card issuers, announced the launch of co-branded credit cards for the customers of South Indian Bank.
- Times Internet has partnered with which Bank to launch co-branded Debit Card?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) ICICI Bank
E) None of theseB) HDFC Bank
Times Internet (part of Bennett, Coleman & Co that owns The Economic Times), in partnership with HDFC Bank, announced the launch of a co-branded card on Thursday called the Times Points Debit Card.
- Which Financial institutions has announced a comprehensive Housing finance scheme called prapti with an attractive 4% interest rate?
A) Tata Capita Housing
B) LIC Housing
C) Reliance Home
D) HDFC Ergo
E) Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd.A) Tata Capita Housing
Tata Capita Housing Limited announced a Comprehensive Housing finance scheme called Prapti with an attractive 4% interest rate for people earning less than Rs 6 lakh a year.
- Which bank partnered with a fintech start-up Fisdom for personal wealth management services?
A) Bank of India
B) Allahabad Bank
C) Union Bank of India
D) Bank of Baroda
E) None of theseD) Bank of Baroda
Vadodara headquartered Public Sector lender Bank of Baroda has entered into partnership with a fintech start-up Fisdom for personal wealth management services.