Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Current Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are covering some important Banking Awareness Questions. Do study this banking quiz thoroughly as it may prove to be helpful in upcoming exams.
- By how many basis points did RBI cut the repo rate on April 5, 2016?
E) 50A) 25
Repo rate changed from 6.75% to 6.50% on April 5, 2016.
- Which is the first organization which got final approval from RBI to start Payments Bank?
A) Tech Mahindra
B) Department of Posts
C) Airtel M-Commerce
D) Vodafone M-Pesa
E) PaytmC) Airtel M Commerce
Airtel has became the first among the 11which were granted in-principle approvals in August 2015 to receive the formal licence from the central bank.
The ‘in-principle’ approval was valid for 18 months, during that time RBI had asked applicants to comply with the licensing norms. Most of the players who received the payments licences are yet to apply for the final licences.
- Recently which bank launched country’s first Aadhar based ATM?
A) Yes Bank
B) DCB Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) RBL Bank
E) Kotak Mahindra BankB) DCB Bank
The ATM will allow to transact using biometric details only. So it’s a cardless and pin less ATM.
The user can key-in the 12-digit Aadhaar number or swipe the card at an automated teller machine (ATM) to start a transaction, but at the stage of confirming the identity, it requires biometric details rather than the PIN.
- Recently RBI signed MOU with which bank for information exchange on banking supervision?
A) Central Bank of Brazil
B) Peoples bank of China
C) Bank of Bangladesh
D) Bank of Israel
E) None of theseD) Bank of Israel
With this, the RBI has signed 32 such MoUs, one Letter for Supervisory Co-operation and one Statement of Co-operation
- According to World Bank which country remained the World’s largest remittance recipient in 2015?
E) BangladeshD) India
About 69 billion US dollars in 2015 for various projects.
Other large remittance recipients in 2015 were China, with USD 64 billion, the Philippines (USD 28 billion), Mexico (USD 25 billion) and Nigeria (USD 21 billion).
- Which is the first private sector bank to open its branch for startups as a part of centre’s Start Up India, Stand Up India mission?
A) Axix Bank
B) Laxmi Vilas Bank
C) RBL Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Yes BankC) RBL Bank
The dedicated branch will assist entrepreneurs in setting up new companies and offer banking services like foreign exchange, remittances and cash management.
The Branch will also provide a range of value added services including registration, legal and tax formalities through its affiliates and partners.
* SBI was the first one to launch such startup – InCube
- The BRICS New Development Bank approved its first credit of loans to India in the field of
A) Housing Projects
B) Renewable Energy
C) Rural Inclusive Growth Project
D) Solar Power Generation
E) Urban Water Supply ProjectB) Renewable Energy
BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) has offered $250m in loans to the Canara Bank in India to fund the development of renewable energy
- SBI launched SBI e Smart SME to offer E-commerce loan in partnership with
B) Amazon India
E) ShopcluesC) Snapdeal
With this development, sellers can apply for the loan online on the e-commerce platform and get instant sanctioning of the loan.
- Recently which country’s helpdesk is being opened by SBI for the country’s investments in India and vice versa?
E) MyanmarD) Japan
This SBI Japan Desk will serve as an one-point comprehensive and reliable information support source for India-bound investments of Japanese companies.
- Which of the country is not a part of getting a package of loans of 811 million dollars from BRICS New Development Bank?
E) South AfricaB) Russia
The bank has approved four green renewable energy projects from India, China, Brazil and South Africa entailing Bank financing of $811 million.