Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs April 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- In the First phase,5000 houses will be built for the employees within a year in the new capital region.
- On this occasion, he also announced that an additional 50 square yards of land would be given to farmers of the region who parted with their lands under the Land Pooling Scheme for the development of the capital.
Government hikes minimum wage for contract workers to Rs 10,000
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya informed that the minimum wage for contract workers has been increased to Rs 10,000 per month at the national level taking into consideration the Consumer Price Index and Dearness Allowance
- It was based on a Supreme Court Verdict
- A decision to make changes to rule 25 of the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Central Rules
- The Contract Labour (Regulation And Abolition) Act was enacted in the year 1970
- Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar inaugurates the conference at the Manekshaw Convention Centre in the NCR.
- Chairperson of the Conference : Chief of the Army Staff, General Dalbir Singh Suhag
- Participants: All Army Commanders & Senior Army Officers.
- High Commissioner of India, Y.K.Sinha, and Minister of Infrastructure and Community Development, Palani Digambaram jointly laid the foundation stone for the third phase of the Indian Housing Project at Dunsinane Estate in Nuwara Eliya District.
- India – A platoon of the Kumaon Regiment of the Indian Army along with a team of two observers
- Mangolia – 60 personnel from the Mongolian Armed Forces
BANKING & FINANCE
Punjab headquartered CAPITAL LOCAL AREA BANK introduced the nation’s first Small Finance bank “Capital Small Finance Bank Limited” and after getting the approval from Reserve bank of India.
About Capital Small Finance Bank Limited:
- Branches: 10 (Currently)
- Managing Director: Sarvjit Singh Samra
- Headquarter: Punjab
- Indiabulls Housing Finance will distribute HDFC life retail insurance products to its customers
- Indiabulls will be able to distribute retail life, health and pension products of HDFC Life to its customers.
HDFC Standard Life Insurance CEO – Amitabh Chaudhry.
- The insurance policy of suppliers was also finalised on April 21 and is likely to be cleared soon.
- India plans to build around 60 nuclear reactors with an aim to produce 63,000 megawatts (MW) of power by 2032, from 5,780 MW .
About NPCIL :
- The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is administered by the Department of Atomic Energy.
- NPCIL was created in September 1987 under the Companies Act 1956
- HQ: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CMD: K.C. Purohit
India banned import of milk, some mobile phones from China
India has banned import of milk and milk products, certain mobile phones and a few other items from China said by Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- The products which are all imported from china not following security codes.
- India banned import of milk and milk products from China as their quality was unacceptable.
- Mobile phones not carry International Mobile Station Equipment Identity number or other security feature
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Senior Congress Leader Anand Sharma and 8 other members recently reelected as Rajya Sabha Members took oath to the constitution
- Anand Sharma – Congress party Senior Leader reelected to the Council of States from Himachal Pradesh.He took the affirmation before the Chairman Hamid Ansari.
- Congress Leader Pratap Singh Bajwa from Punjab who was elected by the party after Amrinder Singh
- NareshGujral – SAD from Punjab
- Shamsher Singh Dullo – Congress from Punjab
- Shwatt Malik – BJP party from Punjab
- Ripun Bora – Congress party from Assam
- RaneeNarah – Congress party from Assam
- K Somaprasad – CPM from Kerala
- Jharna Das Baidya – CPM from Tripura
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Plane’s wings are equipped with 17,000 solar cells that power propellers and charge batteries and it can run on stored energy at night.
- This carbon-fiber aircraft weighs more than 5,000 pounds.
- Its ideal flight speed is about 28 mph
- The Speed can double during the day when the sun’s rays are strongest
China unveils 1st security robot
China’s first security robot “AnBot” unveiled at the ongoing China Chongqing Hi-Tech Fair . The robot is jointly developed by the National University of Defence Technology and a robotics company in central China’s Hunan Province.
- Height: 1.49-metre-tall
- Maximum speed: 18 km per hour.
Features of AnBot:
- AnBot is an electrical anti-riot device that can be activated through remote control in case of a threat.
- It can be activated through remote control if a threat is detected.
- Shouting for help in the patrol area or pushing the robot’s emergency button will alert the police immediately.
In 2016, Spain based Rafael Nadal clinches 49th Clay court cup and equaled the record with Guillermo Vilas.
- Rafael Nadal wins over Nishikori and added a ninth trophy to his continuous victory since 2013 and Grand Slam winner of 14 times.
United States Bob Bryan & Mike Bryan Beats Uruguay Pablo Cuevas & Spain Marcel Granollers
India will be hosting the 2018 Commonwealth Judo Championships in Jaipur, besides organising the Asian Cadet and Asian Junior Judo Championships in September in Kerala this year.
- The Commonwealth Judo Championships was allotted to India, by the Commonwealth Judo Congress held on April 23rd at Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- Man Mohan Jaiswal, General Secretary of Judo Federation of India(JFI).
- In the final held at Stuttgart in Germany, the French duo defeated the Indo-Swiss pair of top seeded pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis 6-2, 1-6, 6-10.
- women’s singles title was won by Angelique Kerber of Germany. In the final clash, the reigning Australian Open champion Kerber defeated her countrywoman Laura Siegemund 6-4, 6-0.
- Mairaj lost to Sweden’s Marcus Svennson 2-1 in the shoot-off tiebreaker in the gold medal match on Sunday night, after both were tied on 14 targets after the regulation 16 shots. Italy’s Tamarro Casandro got the bronze.
Congolese singer Papa Wemba dies after collapsing on stage
One of Africa’s greatest music legend Papa Wemba died after collapsing on stage in the Ivory Coast .He was 66.
About Papa Wemba
- Papa Wemba was born in 1949 in Congo, inherited his love of song from his mother.
- He was convicted in 2004 of smuggling immigrants into France by disguising them as members of his band.
- He was known as the “king of Congolese rumba” for helping to bring the highly popular sound to an international audience
World Malaria Day is being observed on April 25 every year
- Aim: To spread the awareness of Malaria and explains that is preventable and curable.
- Theme for the year: End Malaria for Good
World Health Organisation reported that 21 nations including Six African region and four of India’s Neighbouring countries: Bhutan, China, Nepal and Malaysia could be free from Malaria by the year 2020
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Mumbai based Sun Pharma have joined into an agreement for research and innovation in preventive health announced by Union Health Minister JP Nadda