Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs November 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Recently a third indigenously built Kolkata–class guided missile destroyer ship was commissioned in the Indian Navy’s Fleet by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in Mumbai. What is the name of the ship ?
Answer – C.INS Chennai
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar commissioned ‘INS Chennai’, the third indigenously built guided missile destroyer in Kolkata class on November 21, 2016. ‘INS Chennai’ is one of the largest destroyers in the Indian Navy’s fleet and also the final destroyer ship in this class.
- The Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 was passed in Lok Sabha on November 21, 2016 by Health Minister of India.Who is the present Health Minister of India?
A.J P Nadda
C.Nitin Jairam Gadkari
D.Dr. Harsh Vardhan
Answer – A.J P Nadda
The Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 was introduced by Health Minister J P Nadda in the Lok Sabha on November 21, 2016 to ban commercial surrogacy, aimed to protect women from exploitation and ensure the rights of the child born through surrogacy.
- Manipur CM Okram inaugurated the 10-day-festival ‘Sangai Festival 2016’ in Manipur. What is the theme of the festival?
Answer – D.Destination Manipur
The 10-day-festival ‘Sangai Festival 2016’ themed ‘Destination Manipur’ inaugurated by Manipur CM Okram Ibobi Singh on November 21 2016. It will continue till November 30 2016.Aim of this festival to promote Manipur as a potential tourist destination.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on November 21, 2016 inaugurated India’s longest expressway between which two Indian cities?
A.Agra – Varanasi
C.Varanasi – Noida
D.Noida – Lucknow
Answer – B.Agra-Lucknow
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on November 21, 2016, inaugurated the six-lane Greenfield Agra-Lucknow Expressway at Bangarmau in Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh in presence of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- What is India’s rank in Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2017 by Germanwatch and Climate Action Network Europe Publication?
India has been ranked 20th on Climate ChangePerformance Index (CCPI) 2017 according to German watch and Climate Action Network Europe Publication. Argentina (36) and Brazil (40) Canada (55), Australia (57) and Japan (60).
- Tiger National Parks Of Central India has been named under which category of ‘Best of the World List 2017’ by National Geographic?
National Geographic Traveler magazine announced its annual Best of the World list in 3 categories such as Cities, Nature, or Culture. India has been named under the category of nature in the list.
- What was the theme of the 2016 Economic Leaders’ Week held in Lima,Peru from November 14 to November 20, 2016?
A.Overall Growth and Sustainable development
B.Quality Growth and Sustainable development
C.Overall Growth and human development
D.Quality Growth and human development
Answer – C.Quality growth and human development
2016 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit or the APEC Economic Leaders’ Week which started on 14 November 2016 came to an end on 20 November 2016 in Lima, Peru.The theme of the meet was “Quality growth and human development.”
- World’s first bollywood parks was inaugurated in which country on November 17 2016 ?
Answer – A.Dubai, UAE
World’s first Bollywood theme park was inaugurated in Dubai on 17 November 2016. The name of the park is Bollywood Parks, and it is a part of Dubai Parks and Resorts (DPR) which is the “largest integrated theme park resort” of Dubai. General manager of Bollywood Parks : Thomas Jellum
- Reserve Bank of India plans to open “Islamic window” in conventional banking system. The Islam Window is based on the concept of___?
A.Instant loan facility
Answer – D.Interest-free banking
The RBI has planned to open “Islamic window” in conventional banks. Aim: Gradual introduction of Sharia-compliant ( interest-free banking) in the country.
- India has been elected as the _____ for the year _____ and _____ for the year _____ by the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) for Kimberly Process (KP) Certificate Scheme.
A.Vice chair, 2017, Chair, 2018
B.Chair, 2018, Vice chair, 2019
C.Vice Chair, 2018, Chair, 2019
D.Chair, 2017, Vice Chair, 2018
Answer – C.Vice Chair, 2018, Chair, 2019
An announcement has been made by the Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) on November 19, 2016, to elect India as the vice chair for the year 2018 and chair for the year 2019 of Kimberly Process (KP) Certificate Scheme.
- ‘Women in India: Unheard Stories’ a virtual artwork and exhibition was organized by which firm on November 19 2016 ?
Answer – C.Google
Google with the help of its cultural arm Google Arts & Culture launched a virtual artwork and exhibition on November 19, 2016, ‘Women in India: Unheard Stories’, a special project consisting of about 50 artworks and virtual exhibitions on the life of Indian women in history from past 2,500 years and from 26 cultural institutions across the country with more than 1,800 artworks, showcasing the achievements of the Indian women in the country.
- Who has been recently appointed as the Chief Mentor of Bengaluru based StartupsClub India?
Answer – A.Mahesh Bhalla
Mahesh Bhalla was appointed as Chief Mentor of Bengaluru based Startups Club India.He was the former Executive Director of Dell’s Consumer & SMB business in India
- Indian Armed Forces on November 21, 2016 conducted test firing of two nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile in Odisha. Prithvi II is a type of ____ missile?
Answer – D.Surface – Surface
A successful test firing of two surface-to-surface nuclear capable Prithvi-II medium-range ballistic missiles, was conducted by the Indian Armed Forces on November 21, 2016, back-to-back in quick succession, as part of training exercise, from a defence test center Chandipur in Odisha.
- What is the name of the new ‘Super Earth’ planet discovered by scientists at Scientists from the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC) and the University of La Laguna (ULL)?
A.SE 195 b
B.UL 444 a
C.GJ 536 b
D.LL 531 c
Answer – C.GJ 536 b
Scientists from the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC) and the University of La Laguna (ULL) have discovered a new ‘super Earth’ planet GJ 536 b with a mass around 5.4 times that of the Earth.
- Researchers at University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) have developed a Replicon System to develop vaccine for which virus?
C.Human Immunodeficiency Virus
D.Ross River Virus
Answer – B.Zika Virus
Researchers from University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston,Texas in collaboration with Southwest University in Chongqing, China, and the University of Leuven in Belgium created a tool named “Zika Replicon System” for studying the Zika virus. it creates a versions of the Zika virus that are stripped of genes (Simpler form of Zika virus) that make them less infectious from the original virus, so that researchers can work safely.
- Which tennis player has sealed the rank 1 for the year 2016 after won the ATP World Tour Finals in London ?
Answer – B.Andy Murray
Andy Murray(Britain) beats Novak Djokovic(Serbia) to win his first Barclays ATP World Tour Finals title held in London, Great Britain. Murray defeated Djokovic 6-3 6-4 on 20 November 2016.
- Who has won the 2016 Indonesia Open Golf tournament second time ?
B.Lee Chong Wei
D.Jeev Milkha Singh
Answer – A.Gaganjeet Bhullar
Gaganjeet Bhullar of India won the Indonesia Open on November 21, 2016 with a four-under-par 68 in Jakarta for the second time in his career.Before this, Bhullar won the event in 2013.
- Who is the president of All India Football Federation (AIFF) ?
Answer – B.Praful Patel
All India Football Federation (AIFF) president Praful Patel has indicated that India will bid for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in 2019 to be hosted in India.
- The Indore-Patna Express train derailment accident on November 21, 2016 took place at which place of Kanpur Dehat?
Answer – D.Pukhrayan
The Indore-Patna Express train derailed in Kanpur Dehat district of Uttar Pradesh early morning about 3.10am on November 21, 2016 with nearly 133 people killed and more than 200 injured when 14 coaches of the express train derailed near Pukhrayan,about 100 km from Kanpur.
- When is the world television day observed?
Answer – B.November 21
World Television Day is celebrated every year on November 21st 2016 to mark the date on which the first World Television Forum was held in 1996.