Affairs cloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz May 5 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC,CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams.We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviationhas released draft rules for a __________ of unruly passengers for all domestic carriers
1.”National Fly-ban List”
2.”National No-Fly List”
3.”National Flying Blacklist”
4.”National Rogue Passenger List”
5.”National Caution List”Answer – 2.”National No-Fly List”
The ‘National No-Fly List will comprise passengers who have been identified as unruly after an inquiry by a committee formed by that particular airline. The ‘National No-Fly List’ will also include individuals who have been identified as a threat by security agencies.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has constituted a Technical Committee in accordance with Regulation 14 of the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.Who will be the chairperson of this committee?
1.R B Barman
2.Nand Lal Sarda
4.V G Kannan
5.N K ShettyAnswer – 1.R B Barman
The Committee shall give its recommendation for laying down Technical Standards for the performance of core services and other services under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.
- 13th International Permaculture Convergence (IPC) will be held from November 27 to December 2, 2017in:
5.NagpurAnswer – 4.Hyderabad
This event will be organised by Hyderabad-based environmental and developmental NGO Aranya Agricultural Alternatives, the International Permaculture Convergence Council (IPCC) and Friends of IPC (FIPC). More than 1,200 delegates from across the globe will attend the IPC with the theme ‘Towards healthy societies’.
- Centre has sanctioned Rs 200 crore for paying pending salaries of primary teachers in:
5.Jammu & KashmirAnswer – 5.Jammu & Kashmir
Union human resource development minister Prakash Javadekar said the Centre had sanctioned Rs 200 crore for paying pending salaries of primary teachers in Jammu and Kashmir. Following a meeting with Jammu and Kashmir education minister Altaf Bukhari, Javadekar said Rs 25 crore of the Rs 52 crore sanctioned for two engineering colleges in the state will be released this week.
- eVIN project of Union Health Ministry has become global best practise in immunisation. Abbreviation eVIN stands for:
1.Electronic Vaccine Information Network
2.Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network
3.Electronic Vaccine Intimation Network
4.Electronic Vaccine Immunisation Network
5.Electronic Vaccine Internalisation NetworkAnswer – 2.Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network
eVIN (Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network) is an indigenously developed technology system that digitizes vaccine stocks and monitors the temperature of the cold chain through a smart phone application. Currently it is being implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in 12 states of India.
- In view of growing attacks on policemen and incidents of bank robberies, a massive ”cordon and combing” operation had been launched by the Indian security forces in south Kashmir’s______district
5.Budgam districtAnswer – 1.Shopian district
According to army sources, the massive door-to-door joint search operation launched by the Army, paramilitary and J&K Police is probably the biggest such exercise in the past 15 years in the violence-hit South Kashmir.
- India has opened its first private small arms manufacturing plant at Malanpur, Madhya Pradesh in a joint venture with __________
5.GermanyAnswer – 4.Israel
The plant has been setup as a joint venture between Indian defence conglomerate Punj Lloyd and Israel Weapons Industries (IWI). The plant will manufacture weapons like X95 assault rifle, Galil sniper, Tavor assault rifle, Negev light machine gun and the Ace assault rifle.
- The Memorandum of Agreements (MoAs) for purchase of ________ MW wind power under Ministry of New and Renewable Energy’s first wind auction Scheme have been signed between PTC India and Discoms of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Delhi,Odish aand Assam.
5.5000 MWAnswer – 1.1000 MW
The signing ceremony took place during the two days Conference of Power, New & Renewable Energy & Mines Ministers of States and UTs. As per MoAs, the Discoms of UP will buy 449.9 MW, Bihar- 200 MW, Jharkhand – 200 MW, Delhi – 100 MW, Assam – 50 MW and Odisha – 50MW of wind power.
- 27th Session of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) Working Groupis being held from 1st to 12th of May 2017 at the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in:
4.New York, US
5.Berlin, GermanyAnswer – 3.Geneva, Switzerland
Universal Periodic Review is a process through which human rights records of all United Nations’ Member States are reviewed. This review process is conducted under the auspices of UN Human Rights Council. India’s National Report for the UPR-III was reviewed on the May 4, 2017. India was represented by Mukul Rohatgi – the Attorney General of India.
- Which three countries have signed an agreement on setting up four safe zones in Syria?
1.Russia, Turkey and Israel
2.Russia, Iran and Israel
3.Russia, Iran and Turkey
4.Russia, US and UK
5.Russia, US and GermanyAnswer – 3.Russia, Iran and Turkey
Through this agreement, Russia and Iran, which back Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces in the war, and Turkey, a supporter of rebel forces, hope to build on a ceasefire deal they reached in December 2016. The agreement provides for a ceasefire, a ban on all flights, rapid deliveries of humanitarian aid to the designated areas and the return of refugees.
- Non-performing assets (NPAs) or bad loans of public sector banks (PSBs) have reached “unacceptably high levels” of over Rs _______crore, the bulk of which are in sectors such as power, steel, road infrastructure and textiles.
1.6 lakh crore
2.7 lakh crore
3.8 lakh crore
4.9 lakh crore
5.10 lakh croreAnswer – 1.6 lakh crore
President Pranab Mukherjee has promulgated an ordinance to amend the Banking Regulation Act which authorises the “Reserve Bank to issue directions to any banking company or banking companies to initiate insolvency resolution process in respect of a default under the provisions of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), 2016”.
- Which company has launched ‘Express Wi-Fi’ service in four states of India?
5.FacebookAnswer – 5.Facebook
Express Wi-Fi by Facebook has been launched in India. Facebook has revealed that the service has been in testing since 2015 with various ISPs. It is now commercially available via nearly 700 hotspots across four states – Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Rajasthan, and Meghalaya.
- Who among the following has been named the new chairman of the Tea Board of India?
1.Vikas Kumar Sachdev
2.Shiv Shankar Gohel
4.Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah
5.Ronny PestonjiAnswer – 4.Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah
Renowned tea planter from Assam Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah, who was once a banker in the US, has been named the new chairman of the Tea Board of India. Bezboruah becomes the first non-IAS and an industry insider to be at the helm of the Kolkata-headquartered Tea Board, the governing body of the industry.
- Online classifieds company Quikr India Pvt. Ltd has acquired which home services start-up for about $10 million in an all-stock deal?
5.BimmberAnswer – 2.Zimmber
Mumbai-based Zimmber is Quikr’s fourth acquisition in the home services vertical in the last 12 months. Zimmber,founded by Gaurav Shrivastava, Anubhab Goel and Kumar in April 2014, has so far raised at least $7.4 million from different venture capital (VC) firms.
- The South Asia Satellite (GSAT-9)was successfully launched on May 5, 2017, by ISRO from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. GSAT-9 is equipped with how many transponders?
5.18 transpondersAnswer – 2.12 transponder
GSAT-9 is a geosynchronous communications and meteorology satellite developed by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). South Asia Satellite will improve disaster and telecommunication links between India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- The world’s biggest X-ray laser has generated its first beam of light, that will allow scientists to get a glimpse of new materials, drugs and chemical reactions at the atomic level.This X-ray laser is located in:
5.BelgiumAnswer – 1.Germany
The 3.4-kilometre-long European XFEL, most of which is located in underground tunnels in Germany, will usher a new era of European research. The X-ray light has a wavelength of 0.8 nanometre – about 500 times shorter than that of visible light.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)recently demonstrated a solar hybrid electric car, which has been designed and developed using in-house resources, at:
1.Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
2.Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Bengaluru
3.North Eastern Space Application Centre, Shillong
4.National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad
5.Vikaram Sarabhai Space Centre, ThiruvananthapuramAnswer – 5.Vikaram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
The demonstration was held in last week of March 2017, which included a successful uphill drive. The car is run using high-energy lithium ion batteries, which can be recharged using sunlight. ISRO is now researching ways to cut down the car’s cost.
- World’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator, Large Hadron Collider (LHC)has restarted circulating beams of protons for the first time in 2017. LHC lies in a 27 km long tunnel beneath:
1.France – Germany Border
2.France – Italy Border
3.France – Switzerland Border
4.Switzerland – Germany Border
5.Switzerland – Italy BorderAnswer – 3.France – Switzerland Border
The operations of LHC were stopped in December 2016 for scheduled maintenance work which is undertaken every year. This time, along with the scheduled maintenance, certain parts were replaced and specific settings were also changed in order to upgrade the overall functioning.
- Researchers at a university in Sweden have developed world’s fastest camera called FRAME. Abbreviation FRAME stands for:
1.Frequency Reorganisation Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
2.Focus Recognition Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
3.Focus Reorganisation Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
4.Frequency Recognition Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
5.Frequency Realignment Algorithm for Multiple ExposuresAnswer – 4.Frequency Recognition Algorithm for Multiple Exposures
This camera can capture five trillion frames per second. Researchers will use it to film rapid processes in chemistry, biology, and physics such as explosions, plasma flashes, turbulent combustion, brain activity in animals, and chemical reactions.
- ‘International Firefighters’ Day’(IFFD) is observed on which date every year?
5.1st MayAnswer – 2.4th May
International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is observed on May 4. It was instituted after proposal emailed out across the world on January 4, 1999 due to the deaths of five firefighters in tragic circumstances in a bushfire in Australia.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.