AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs May 27 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On May 27,2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 1st phase of Delhi-____ expressway?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Meerut
The total length of the the project 8 km. Out of this the first 27.74kmswill be a 14-laned while the rest is for a 6-lane expressway. The cost of the project Rs. 4975.17crore. It is the first 28km stretch that will be dedicated to bicycle tracks from Delhi and Dasna. The project will consist of construction of 11 flyovers/interchanges, 5 major and 24 minor, 3 ROBs(Rail overbridges), 36 vehicular and 14 pedestrian underpasses.
- From May 28- 31st , the 15th Finance Commission will be visiting Kerala. Name the Chairman of 15th Finance Commission?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.N.K. Singh
The commission was led by Chairman N.K. Singh. Kerala is the 10thlargest state that contributes to 4.2% of GDP of the nation. It has the highest per capita income. The state has a booming service sector. Emigration and Immigration remittances is huge in Kerala. In terms of development indicators like per capita income, poverty ratio, health and education Kerala has better points than national average.
- DRDO has said that, the Rustom –II unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) will be delivered to the armed forces by 2020. Its manufacturing will be done by _____ and Bharat Electronics Limited?
1.Defence Research and Development and Research Organisation (DRDO)
2.Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
3.Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
4.Raman Research Institute (RRI)
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
It has completed its first round test at Chitradurga in Karnataka. It has been made of the use of all the three wings Armed forces viz. Air Force, Indian Army an Indain Navy. It is made for primarily intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations. The medium altitude prototype can fly at 22000 feet and has a 20 hour long flight time endurance.
- On May 27,2018, the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) decided to cut its administrative charges by _____ %?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.0.5%
This would help around 5,00,000 employers to save around Rs. 9 billion annually from the cut. This would come into effect from June 1 ,2018. The Charges has been modified from 0.65 to 0.50 % of the wage paid by the employer. Earlier EPFO has cuts its administrative charges from 1.10 to 0.85 in 2015, them to 0.65 in 2017.
- On May 27,2018, name the person who was elected as the first woman Prime Minister of Barbados?
1.Ms. Mia Mottley
2.Ms. Zia Andrews
3.Ms. Tia Gregor
4.Ms. Diana Hedger
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ms. Mia Mottley
On May 27,2018, The Caribbean Island of Barbados has elected its first woman PM 52 year-old Ms. Mia Mottley. She is the leader of the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) and won against the Democratic Labour Party (DLP). She won all 30 seats of the House of Assembly and is a lawyer . She replaces DLP candidate and former PM Freundel Stuart.
- Who was elected as the Chairperson of Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED), on 25thMay 2018?
1.Ramesh Chand Meena
3.Preetha Hari Kumar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ramesh Chand Meena
On May 25,2018, The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) elected 11th board of directors in the general body meeting held. Ramesh Chand Meena was elected as the Chairperson, Smt. Pratibha Bhrahma was elected as the Vice Chairman.
- A discovery led by researchers at University of Minnesota, US, has said that, a new element named ____ has been found with magnetic properties?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Ruthenium (Ru)
The name of the chemical element is Ruthenium (Ru). It is the fourth such element to have magnetic properties . So far , Iron (Fe), cobalt (Co) and Nickel (Ni) has these similar properties. They are ferromagnetic at room temperature. These elements can be used for their magnetic properties for better sensors, in the computer memory and logic industry and other devices using magnetic materials.
- On May 27, 2018, the Uber cup (badminton) held at Bangkok was won by which country women?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Japan
Japan won over Thailand by a score of 3-0. This was the secondtime Japan won the Uber cup after 1981. Japans’ Akane Yamaguchi (world no 2 ) defeated Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon (world no 4 ) by 21-15 and 21-19. Doubles pair Yuki Fukushima and Sayaka Hirotawon with 21-18,21-12.
- On May 27, 2018, which team won the Champions Trophy (football) in Kiev, Ukraine?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Real Madrid
On May 27,2018, The Spanish Team of Real Madrid beat Liverpool from England by 3-1 goal in the Champions Trophy. The Champions League was held in NSC Olimpiyskiy StadiumKiev, Ukraine. The Real Madrid team has won four such tournaments in 5 years. the first goal was made Karim Benenza and the last two goals were made by Gareth Bale.
- Name the 4th man to walk on the Moon who died at the age of 86, on May 27,2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Alan Bean
He was the former test pilot of US Navy. He was sent as an astronaut in 193 mission and flew to space twice and was the fourth person to walk on the Moon on Nov 19 1969. He was in the Apollo 12 mission with Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Charles ‘Pete’ Conrad.
- Name the Actor,who launched the campaign in the capital for promoting the twin pit toilet technology in Rural India?
1.Shah Rukh Khan
2.Sushant Singh Rajput
5.Irfan KhanAnswer – 4.Akshay Kumar
Eminent actor, Shri Akshay Kumar, today launched an advertisement campaign for the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) in the capital. The campaign was launched at a Collectors Convention for Toilet Technology organized in the capital. The campaign focuses on promoting the twin pit toilet technology in rural India.
- Where does the Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Digital Art Gallery of National Highway Authority of India(NHAI)?
5.Kalamb,Maharastra.Answer – 4.Jakhauli,Haryana.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated the Digital Art Gallery of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) at the toll plaza in Jakhauli village in Haryana.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Humayun’s Tomb, a UNESCO world heritage site located?Delhi
- Who is the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)?T. Suvarna Raju
- Where is Silent Valley National Park located?Kerala
- Name the Central Provident Fund Commissioner of Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)?Dr. V. P. Joy
- Which state houses the Tehri Dam that has been constructed on Bhagirathi River?Uttarakhand