Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs May 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Which State Government launched artificial propagation programme of mahseer fish for conservation and rehabilitation?
Answer – C.Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh government in a bid to prompt the fisheries department asked to make an artificial propagation programme for its rehabilitation and conservation.
- In order to strength the framework for safeguarding the Interest of investors, Union Government has formed a six member Authority. Name the authority.
A.Investor Education and Protection Fund
B.Investor Statistics and Protection Fund
C.Investor Safe and Protection Fund
D.Investor Interest and Protection Fund
Answer – A.Investor Education and Protection Fund
In a bid to strengthen the framework for safeguarding the interest of investors union Government has formed a six-member Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority.
- Which government lauched Smart Village program to improve public facilities in the villages with financial assistance of 80 Lakh to 2 Crore rupees?
Answer – D.Gujarat
Gujarat government has launched Smart Village program, it was launched by Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on her two year completion in office in Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- The ALL Ladies League (ALL) organized the Women Economic Forum (WEF) 2016 held in which state/UT with Goal of Energize women’s entrepreneurship and leadership?
Answer – C.New Delhi
2016 Women Economic Forum (WEF) hosted by India and organized by All Ladies League in New Delhi. Theme: “Women: Uplifting and Uniting the World”. Participants: 1500 women from 75 countries
- The G7 Finance summit began at ______________ to balance the growth of the global economy amid the slowing down of the China Economy and other emerging countries.
A.Tokyo in Japan
B.Sendai in Japan
C.Beijing in China
D.Shanghai in China
Answer – B.Sendai in Japan
The G7 finance summit begins at Sendai in Japan to give fillip for balancing the growth of the global economy amid the slowing down of the Chinese economy and those of other emerging countries.
- World Bank announced the Insurance plan to which Disease to mobilize funds and to generate global and national responses to disease outbreaks?
Answer – C.Pandemic
The Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility will generate global and national responses to disease outbreaks that threaten large population after the 2014 Ebola Disaster in West Africa
- Which bank decided to halve the branches in India as customers go Digital to focus on retail banking over digital channels?
Answer – A.HSBC
London based Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation Holdings will shut halve the number of branch in India to 26 from the present 50 and keeping focus on retail banking over digital channels.
- Pench Tiger Reserve is situated in ______________
Answer –C.Madhya Pradesh
Pench National Park, situated in Seoni and Chhindwara districts of Madhya Pradesh in India is one of the most popular national parks visiting in India.
- School Student from India interacted with which country students to share the history of the two nations before partition?
Answer – C.Pakistan
School students from India and Pakistan have been interacting with each other through handwritten letters, Audios and visual recording to share the history of the two neighbours before Partition.
- Who has been appointed unopposed as the youngest BCCI president after the successor of Shashank Manohar?
Answer – A.Anurag Thakur
Anurag Thakur was unanimously elected as the youngest BCCI President and taking charge as the Most profile position in Indian Cricket Administration.
- Who has been appointed as Lt Governor of Puducherry for two years after the successor of Lt General Ajay Singh?
D.None of these
Answer – B.Kiran Bedi
The BJP government has named former IPS officer and BJP leader Kiran Bedi as the lieutenant-governor of Puducherry for nearly two years. The country’s first woman to serve as IPS was put under the additional charge of Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Island.
- Dublin based Trinity College researcher discovered a new form of light that go against predicted qualities of light which proved the _________ constant can change.
Answer – A.Planck
Researchers from Trinity College Dublin have discovered a new form of light that go against predicted qualities of light it could totally change the way we realize the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Who won the Hero Federation Cup after defeating Aizawl Football Club by a record of 5-0 margin at the Indira Gandhi Stadium in Kolkata?
Answer – C.Mohun Bagan
Mohun Bagan clinched Hero Federation Cup by defeating Aizawl Football Club by a record 5-0 margin and regain the title after eight years, at the Indira Gandhi Stadium in Kolkata.
- World Biodiversity day is being celebrated on which day to emphasize people’s livelihoods and sustainable development in across the domain of activity?
Answer – A.22nd May
International Day for Biological Diversity also called World Biodiversity Day was created in 1993 by the United Nations for the promotion of biodiversity issues.
- The book titled “Dr. Ambedkar: Life and Mission” penned by ______________
Answer – A.Dhananjay Keer
The most comprehensive book about the Life and Mission of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. Written By Dhananjay Keer.
- Sahitya Academy Award Winning author has released two new books both themed on nature My Favourite Nature Stories and The World outside My Window. Who is He?
Answer – B.Ruskin Bond
Sahitya Academy Award Winning author Ruskin Bond has released two new books both themed on nature. The books namely – My Favourite Nature Stories, The World outside My Window.
- The world’s oldest Olympic champion, Sandor Tarics, has died at the age of 102 in San Francisco. He related to which sport?
Answer – D.Water Polo
He was the team member of the Hungarian waterpolo team that gave triumph to its side in the Berlin Olympics in 1936, pushing Germany into second place.