Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 25 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 March
- Who will be the head of the newly constituted 18 member Board committee for the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) on March 1, 2017?
D.Sharad Singh Negi
Answer – D.Sharad Singh Negi
The 22-member Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) Board’s three-year term ended February 28, 2017 & center has decided to assign a new Board of 18 members on March 1. This board is to be headed by Sharad Singh Negi, Special Secretary and Director-General (Forests), MoEF for the three-year term. The move which is followed by the difference in opinion between Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) and Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), the Central government took a step to combine both by appointing senior official of MoEF to chair AWBI.
- Which state government has launched an initiative on March 22, 2017 to provide free Wi-Fi facility in all colleges and Universities of the state for youth welfare to become digitally smart?
As Indian government is trying to digitize the whole of India through DIGITAL INDIA campaign, Bihar state made a good move to help this by providing free-Wifi for students. This move is to provide free- zones in colleges and universities which will be helpful for the student studies. It is launched by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on the occasion of Bihar Divas celebrations. It is the part of seven decisions of the Grand Alliance government in Bihar to promote governance.
- As per a government report, post demonetization, which state has witnessed the highest number of Aadhaar linking with Jan Dhan Accounts?
Answer – A.Andhra Pradesh
On the event of demonetization, more number of Jan Dhan accounts came into existence and it is seeded through Aadhaar card numbers. Out of this, Andhra Pradesh tops the list with most number of aadhaar cards linked with Jan dhan accounts. 73% of its accounts are seeded by aadhaar numbers and this was followed by Tripura at 87.08 per cent and Telangana 83.56 per cent. By this move, 01 Crore Jan dhan accounts are created and Aadhaar-seeded accounts has risen to 63.61 per cent
- The Government of India has approved to construct 10 Million MT capacity steel silos by FCI as well as State Governments in Public Private Partnership (PPP). The project is scheduled to be completed by which financial year?
Answer – C.2019-20
The Government of India has given its approval to the action plan of Food Corporation of India (FCI) for construction of 10 Million MT capacity steel silos by FCI as well as State Governments in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode in a phased manner (3 phases) by the end of year 2019-20. Under the agreement, Food Corporation of India (FCI) has already awarded contracts for creation of 1.6 Million MT silos while the State Governments have awarded contracts for 2.15 Million MT silos which means that contracts for 3.75 Million MT silos have been awarded.
- The UN Human Rights Council has granted an extension of ________ years to Sri Lanka to probe alleged war crimes committed during the 37-year civil war which ended in May 2009.
Answer – D.2 years
Sri Lanka has been granted the two years of extension it sought from the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) on March 23, 2017 to set up a mechanism to probe alleged war crimes committed during the 37-year civil war which ended in May 2009. The two year extension was approved by total 40 countries by adopting UNHRC resolution in Geneva.
- Which bank has launched the MoneyPlantTM RuPay International Platinum Debit Card for its premium and high net worth customers as a part of digital banking initiative?
B.United bank of India
D.Bank of Maharashtra
Answer – C.Karnataka Bank
Mangaluru based Karnataka Bank has launched a new card option for its premium and HNI (high net worth individual) customers in line with the bank’s digital banking initiative. The novel card named ‘MoneyPlantTM RuPay International Platinum Debit Card’ can be used for domestic and international cash withdrawals and purchases. Withdrawal limit of Rs. 75,000 and purchase limit of Rs 2 lakh a day at point-of-sales terminals and e-commerce sites.
- What was the theme of the two day Houston India Conference organized by Asia Society Texas Center in Houston from march 25-26, 2017?
A.Make in India-Rotoscope Growth Opportunities
B.Make in India- The Inside Story
C.Make in India-Inclusive Growth
D.Make in India-Global Initiative
Answer – B.Make in India- The Inside Story
Several conferences and committees are made to achieve this dream but the recent highlight is the first-ever Houston India Conference, hosted by Asia Society Texas Center in Houston. This conference is conducted on 25th March, 2017 for two days with the theme “Make in India- The Inside Story”. The conference is chaired by Jiten Agarwal and India’s Ambassador to the US Navtej Sarna is also present.
- How many Indian cities have been recently included in the UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites?
Answer – B.Five
UNESCO ( UNITED NATIONS EDUCATIONAL SCIENTIFIC and CULTURAL ORGANISATION ) has added five Indian cities in its list of tentative world heritage site. These cities include, Historic City of Ahmedabad, Delhi – A Heritage City, Jaipur City, Rajasthan, Ekamra Kshetra- The Temple City, Bhubaneswar and The Victorian & Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai.
- Name the first woman combat officer of BSF who was inducted on March 25, 2017 for the first time in its 51-year history?
A.Priya Ajith Kumar
Answer – D.Tanushree Pareek
Border Security Force (BSF) gets its woman field officer after an long waiting 5 decades which is a welcome move by it. Tanushree Pareek commissioned by BSF, the country’s largest border guarding force at the age of 25. She also led the passing out parade of 67 trainee officers at the Border Security Force camp at Tekanpur.
- The DRDO handed over three new Naval Systems to the Indian Navy on March 24, 2017. Which among the given is not a part of the three newly inducted Naval systems?
A.Ushus –Ii Submarine Sonar
B.Nacs – Near-Field Acoustic Characterisation System
C.Directing Gear for Hull-Mounted Sonar Array
D.Internal Navigation System for Ship Application
Answer – B.Nacs – Near-Field Acoustic Characterisation System
DRDO (DEFENCE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION), has provided the INDIAN NAVY with three new naval systems to enhance its operation.This was handed over by our Defence minister in-charge Mr. Arun Jaitely and accepted by our Chief of Naval staff Mr. Sunil Lanba. These naval system include: USHUS –II SUBMARINE SONAR, DIRECTING GEAR FOR HULL-MOUNTED SONAR ARRAY, INTERNAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM FOR SHIP APPLICATION
- Where is the Karnataka Bank Limited headquartered?
Answer – B.Mangaluru
The Karnataka Bank Limited is a major banking institution based in the coastal city of Mangaluru in Karnataka, India. The Reserve Bank of India has designated Karnataka Bank as an A1+-class scheduled commercial bank. Founded: 1924, Headquarters: Mangaluru, Karnataka, India, Managing Ditector: P Jayarama Bhat, Tag Line: “Your Family Bank. Across India”
- Scientists from University of Glasgow have developed new prototype Prosthetic Limbs having solar-powered skin made up of which of these material?
Answer – A.Graphene
Researchers from the University of Glasgow have developed a unique technology that would make it possible to use the sun’s energy to charge the Prosthetic Limbs rather than using batteries as is done currently. The researchers have developed a new prototype called “solar-powered skin,” which would include better sense capabilities than current technology.
- The Indian Army successfully conducted the trail firing of its missile system ____________ onboard INS Vikramaditya from 21 to 23 March.
Answer – B.Barak
The Indian Navy successfully conducted the maiden trial firing of newly installed surface-to-air Barak 8 missile system from its aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya from 21 to 23 March in the Arabian Sea. During the testing, the missile was fires against a live low flying high speed target, which was successfully destroyed by the Barak missile. The success of the missile marks a significant milestone in enhanced operational and defence capabilities and providing air interception by the Navy’s aircraft carrier and the fleet.
- What was the theme of the 2017 International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade?
A.Remember Slavery: Recognising the Legacy and Contributions of People of African Descent
B.Victory over Slavery: Haiti and Beyond
C.The Transatlantic slave trade — The living legacy of 30 million untold stories
D.Honouring the Heroes, Resisters and Survivors
Answer – A.Remember Slavery: Recognising the Legacy and Contributions of People of African Descent
The International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is observed annually on March 25, 2017. Aim: To honour and remember the sacrifice of more than 15 million men, women and children who suffered and died as a consequence of the transatlantic slave trade over 400 years ago, which has been called “the worst violation of human rights in history”. 2017 Theme: “Remember Slavery: Recognising the Legacy and Contributions of People of African Descent”
- Barak 8 missile system has been developed by DRDO jointly with which countries Aerospace company?
Answer – C.Israel
Barak 8 also known as LR-SAM or as MR-SAM is an Indian-Israeli surface-to-air missile (SAM), designed to defend against any type of airborne threat including aircraft, helicopters, anti-ship missiles, and UAVs as well as cruise missiles and combat jets out to a maximum range of 70 km. Barak 8 was jointly developed by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), India’s Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), Israel’s Administration for the Development of Weapons and Technological Infrastructure, Elta Systems, Rafael and other companies. Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) will produce the missiles.
- When is the International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members was observed?
Answer – C.March 25
The International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members was observed by the United Nation on March 25, 2017..Each year, the day is marked to commemorate the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett, a former journalist who was working for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA). Aim: To mobilize action, demand justice and strengthen the resolve to protect UN staff and peacekeepers, as well as the colleagues in the non-governmental community and the press.