AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 5 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On 4th June 2018, Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers, Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Mansukh L. Mandaviya, launched the ____, the Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin, under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Janaushadhi Suvidha
The affordable sanitary napkins will be made available at more than 3600 Janaushadhi Kendras in 33 States/UTs in India. He said that the average price of sanitary napkins in the market is nearly Rs. 8 per pad. The SUVIDHA napkins are offered at Rs. 2.50 per pad. As per the National Family Health Survey 2015-16, nearly 58 percent of women aged between 15 to 24 years use locally prepared napkins, sanitary napkins and tampons.
- On 5th June 2018, Ministry of AYUSH and which ministry signed an MoU in New Delhi, to create synergies through institutions and schemes of both ministries for development of AYUSH enterprises in India?
1.Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2.Ministry of Science and Technology
3.Ministry of MSME
4.Ministry of Urban Development
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ministry of MSME
The objective of this tie up is to develop India as a world leader in “Holistic Healthcare”. AYUSH industry includes Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy drug manufacturing units etc. The domestic market for AYUSH sector has increased in the past years. It has also received recognition worldwide. The export of AYUSH products like food supplements, nutraceuticals and herbal extracts has increased.
- On 5th June 2018, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, DrJitendra Singh raised the initiative named _____ to Identify the products of the northeastern states and give them the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders?
1.Pride of Northeast
2.Make in Northeast
3.Produce of Northeast
4.Gift of Northeast
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Make in Northeast
Each of the 8 states can be given recognition with its own identity for eg. : Sikkim can be referred to as the “Organic State of India” ,Mizoram as the “Bamboo State of India”, Manipur as the “Textiles State of India”. There has been progress in providing the connectivity and transport infrastructure in the region.And trade from different state and countries are approaching towards this part of the nation. This would generate employment , trade and revenue and would reinforce the government’s “Act Easy Policy“ .
- Jammu and Kashmir government is to host its first ever “global investors meet” in the end of July 2018 in ____, focused on harnessing hydro power potential of 20,000 mega watts in Jammu Kashmir?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Srinagar
An announcement regarding this was made by Jammu and Kashmir Minister for power Sunil Sharma. He said investors from hydro-power sector from all over the world will take part in the meet. He added that a presentation on the hydro power potential of Jammu and Kashmir will be made. He said that, the investors will be asked for investment in harnessing of the hydro power potential of Jammu and Kashmir.
- On June 5, 2018, National Minorities and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) has joined hands with 4 agencies of which state government to work for the empowerment of minorities?
1.Jammu and Kashmir
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Jammu and Kashmir
The 4 agencies are: J&K Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI), J&K Women’s Development Corporation (WDC), J&K SCs/STs & Backward Classes (BCs) Development Corporation and Jammu & Kashmir State Financial Corporation (SFC). These agencies would provide term loans, micro finance for particular categories and loans to students and women. They aim to encourage women, artisans, youth of J&K and the various minority groups present in the region.
- On June 5, 2018, the state government of Haryana announced a hike of what percent on the Dearness Allowance (DA)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.2%
This is effective from January 1 , 2018. This would increase the DA from 5% to 7%.This would create a burden of Rs. 309.54 crore in the state exchequer for January 2018 to February 2019 . Also the DAadmissible as per 6th Pay Commission increases from 139% to 142% and that would create a burden of Rs.9.71 crore in the state exchequer.
- On 4th June 2018, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and Portugal Prime Minister ____ launched the new “WHO Global action plan on physical activity and health 2018-2030: More active people for a healthier world”?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Antonio Costa
The action plan explains how countries can reduce physical inactivity in adults and adolescents by 15% by 2030. It specifies a set of 20 policy areas aimed to develop more active societies by improving the environments and opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to do more walking, cycling, sport, active recreation, dance and play. It also invites support like training of health care workers and other professionals, stronger data systems, and usage of digital technologies. In order to support national efforts to implement the plan, WHO is launching an advocacy campaign to promote physical activity, Let’s Be Active: Everyone, Everywhere, Everyday.
- On June 5, 2018, which country gave away its first batch of driving licenses to women after decades long ban?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Saudi Arabia
On June 5, 2018, Saudi Arabia gave away its first batch of driving licenses to women after decades long ban. Saudi Arabia the only country where women are not allowed to drive. The ban ends on June 24 2018.
- On June 3, 2018, which Bank becomes the first corporate bank to make use of UK’s Open Banking regime?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Citi Bank
According to the open banking regime the European Banks are required to share customer data with third party banks upon the customers’ approval. Citi Bank is the first to enroll as “Payment Initiation Service Provider”. This would enable it to receive small payments directly from UK’s customer bank accounts without debit or credit cards. This initiative will be less time consuming and cheaper compared to other alternatives like PayPal etc.
- On 4th June 2018, The ICAI and South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) have signed an agreement to set up a framework for recognizing members easier and encourage mobility of professionals between both countries, at the SAICA head office in Johannesburg. Expand ICAI?
1.Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
2.Indian Chartered Accountants Institute
3.International Chartered Accountants Institute
4.Institute of Cost Accountants of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
This agreement will help in mutual recognition of each other’s qualification and admit members by a bridging mechanism between India and South Africa. As per the agreement, an ICAI member is exempted from appearing in Part I or initial test of competency and practical training requirements of SAICA. Also, he/she can become a member of SAICA on completing the assessment of professional competence (APC) examination. Also, if an individual ICAI applicant, in good standing, fulfils the competency requirements of SAICA competency framework, membership of SAICA may be given without the completion of the APC examination.
- Hindustan Unilever has decided to merge its ___ and refreshments business into one division with effect from July 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.foods
Geetu Verma, existing executive director for foods will be shifted to Rotterdam as global vice-president of nutrition and naturals platform in Unilever. Sudhir Sitapati, current executive director, refreshments will head the combined segment. HUL has said that, this merger will help HUL to improve organisational agility and better serve local consumers with the advantage of global scale.
- Name the four-year old boy of North Lakhimpur district, Assam who was honoured with the ‘Youngest Author of India’ title by The India Book of Records?
2.Ayan Gogoi Gohain
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ayan Gogoi Gohain
Ayan Gogoi Gohain has been honoured with this title for his book ‘Honeycomb’. The book was published in January 2018. The book has 30 anecdotes and illustrations. India Book of Records has awarded a plaque and a certificate to Ayan Gogoi Gohain in January 2018. Ayan Gogoi Gohain is also skilled in painting. He had also designed the cover page of ‘Honeycomb’.
- On June 5, 2018, who was selected as the Chairman of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Pippa Harris
She will be replacing Jane Lush. Her tenure is for 2 years. Earlier she was the deputy chair. Harris has served as the head of dramacommissioning for the BBC where her commissions included “The Lost Prince”, “State of Play” and “Daniel Deronda”.
- On 5th June 2018, Malaysia’s king Sultan Muhammad V approved the appointment of ____, an ethnic Indian lawyer, as new attorney general?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Tommy Thomas
Sultan Muhammad V has approved terminating current Attorney General Mohamad Apandi Ali and appointment of Tommy Thomas as new attorney general. Tommy Thomas is the first minority to become attorney general in 55 years. The king has approved this appointment in the middle of protests from Islamic groups that the position must be held by a Muslim.
- On 4th June 2018, Religare Enterprises Limited (REL) said that, it has appointed former Intelligence Bureau (IB) additional director ____ as Non-Executive Independent Director on the Board?
3.Malay Kumar Sinha
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Malay Kumar Sinha
Malay Kumar Sinha is an Indian Police Service officer. He has served in several positions in Uttar Pradesh Police, Intelligence Bureau and the Ministry of Home Affairs. His has also worked as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs and Secretary—Security, Cabinet Secretariat.
- Who has taken charge as the new Technical Director of FC Goa?
2.Oligo De Ryan
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Derrick Pereira
Derrick Pereira assumed charge as head coach in the absence of Sergio Lobera for the Super Cup. He will continue to monitor Youth Development for FC Goa. FC Goa has also appointed former FC Pune City striker Jesus Rodriguez Tato as assistant to coach Sergio Lobera for the upcoming season of Super Cup.
- On June 5, 2018, who resigned from his post of Independent Director of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Vivek Rae
His appointment was made by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on September 22 2017 for the post of Independent Director for tenure of 3 years. He was formerly the secretary to Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas from January 2013 to February 2014. He also served as a full time member of the 7th pay commission from February 2014 to November 2015.
- On June 5, 2018, Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd. received a no–objection nod for its merger with which Bank?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.IndusInd Bank
Bharat Financial (earlier known as SKS Microfinance ) has got the nod from multiple stock exchanges like NSE and BSE after SEBI’s approval. This merger was proposed and drafted by the board of directors of both the companies on October 2017. IndusInd Bank would acquire BFIL through all stock deal. BFIL caters to the weaker section of society and has is present across 16 states covering 1 lakh villages.
- What was the theme of World Environment Day that was celebrated on 5th June 2018?
1.Put an end to air pollution
2.Beat Water Pollution
3.Beat Plastic Pollution
4.Say No to Plastic
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Beat Plastic Pollution
On June 5, 2018, To commemorate the World Environment Day the Minister of State for Environment , Forest and Climate Change Mr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated a total of 3 thematic sessions on the theme of ‘ Beat Plastic Pollution’ at VigyanBhawan in New Delhi. These sessions were presented in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and European Union (EU).
- On June 5, 2018, A 5 day conference on 4 sessions commenced in ____ that was inaugurated by Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Dr. Harsh Vardhan in collaboration with UN Environment?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.New Delhi
On June 5, 2018, A 5 day conference on 4 sessions commenced in VigyanBhawan inaugurated by Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Dr. Harsh Vardhan in collaboration with UN Environment. The natural capital of India and wealth needed for the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals were assessed.
- When was International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing observed?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 5
In December 2017 the UN General Assembly declared 5 June as the “International Day for the Fight Against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing.” Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing affects conservation and management efforts taken for fisheries, affecting the profits and livelihoods of the fishermen. This day highlights the negative effects of Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing and the need to stop it. UN also declared 2022 as the International Year of Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture, to focus on small-scale fishermen and women who comprise 90 % of the world’s fisheries work force.
- On June 5, 2018, The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated an event on the theme of this year’s World Environment Day. This event was organized by ____?
1.Indian Institute of Meteorology
2.Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment
3.Indian Institute of Technology (Karagpur)
4.Indian Institute of Management (Mumbai)
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment
Emphasizing the success of the Swacch Bharat Movement that made progress of building 4 lakh girl toilets in one year and 7.5 crore toilets in 4 years the awareness is very important for any issue. So to reduce plastic pollution and make the ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ a success the need of social awareness and participation of schools and colleges and universities to reduce pollution is required.
- On June 5, 2018, Conference of the State Environment Ministers was held at VigyanBhawan in New Delhi. It was presided by the Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Mahesh Sharma
To promote waste management multi-departmental and ministerial collaboration is needed. Secretaries of State Governments to coordinate with CSIR institutions and explore the use of indigenously developed waste technologies . State Governments were to encourage the citizens to adopt Green Good Deeds to solve the day-to-day waste management problem and a monitoring system needs to be introduced. To increase capacity-building of Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) .
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the tag line of Andhra Bank?Where India Banks
- Where is Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary located?Jammu and Kashmir
- Name the President of AIFF (All India Football Federation)?Praful M Patel
- Which state houses the Tuticorin Port?Tamil Nadu
- Who is the CEO and MD of Hindustan Unilever Limited?Mr Sanjiv Mehta