AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 26 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council has set tax rate on state-run lottery at _________%
Answer – 2.12%
On June 18, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley chaired the 17th meeting of the GST Council in New Delhi to finalise tax rates on lottery as well as rules relating to e-way bill and anti-profiteering measures. GST Council set tax rate on state-run lottery at 12% and government-authorised private lottery at 28%.
- Which among the following state has yet not approved the State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) Act?
1.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – 1.Jammu & Kashmir
As on June 21, 2017, all the States and Union Territories (having assemblies), except the State of Jammu & Kashmir have approved the State Goods and Services Tax (SGST) Act. Last one to join the list was Kerala, which passed the ordnance on June 21, 2017.
- Who among the following has been appointed by Union Ministry of Human Resource Development to head the committee to draft the National Education Policy?
4.U R Rao
Answer – 5.K Kasturirangan
Former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) head Krishnaswamy Kasturirangan has been appointed by Union Ministry of Human Resource Development to head the committee to draft the National Education Policy. The National Policy on Education was framed in 1986 and modified in 1992. The government has now appointed a committee to draft the final policy document.
- Indian Army is actively considering recruiting civilian staff in peace stations and to do away with __________system, in the wake of some army jawans openly voicing their anger against it.
Answer – 5.Sahayak
Sahayaks are soldiers and their duties include protecting the officers, maintaining their weapons and equipment and helping them in carrying out their responsibilities. In recent months, a number of videos had surfaced in which some army jawans were seen voicing their anger over the Sahayak system with some even alleging that they are treated as servants by the officers whom they are attached to.
- Which State Government has decided to increase the retirement age of regular state government employees to 60 years with effect from January 1, 2018?
Answer – 1.Arunachal Pradesh
In order to do away with differential retirement age for the regular employees serving under the same government, the state government decided to implement the retirement age of such employees from existing 58 to 60 years.
- The ________ government has notified making Aadhaar card details compulsory for those seeking subsidy on e-rickshaws to prevent duplicity in grant of the financial assistance.
Answer – 2.Delhi
The registered owners of e-rickshaws in Delhi will be considered for a subsidy of Rs 30,000 after providing their Aadhaar card details. The claims of subsidy will not be considered if the Aadhaar card and registration certificate copies are not submitted by the due date.
- Three-day MODI Fest for taking the achievements of the government to the common people was inaugurated in which capital city on June 26, 2017?
Answer – 3.Panji
The MODI Fest showcases the progress of various policies and programmes of the central government and its achievements in the last three years. Key highlights include economic and infrastructure development, budget reforms, women empowerment, skill development for youth, Digital India, financial inclusion and incentives for the farming sector.
- China’s indigenous next generation bullet train with a maximum speed of ____ kmph made its debut on June 26, 2017, on the country’s busiest Beijing-Shanghai line.
Answer – 1.400 kmph
The train took about five hours and 45 minutes to reach Shanghai. On its way, it stopped by 10 stations, including Jinan, Shandong province and Tianjin. The new bullet trains, also known as electric multiple unit (EMU), boasts a top speed of 400 kilometres per hour and a consistent speed of 350 kilometres an hour.
- Which international financial organisation has cleared a USD 250-million loan, referred to as Skill India Mission Operation (SIMO) for making Indian youth more employable through reskilling?
2.International Monetary Fund
3.Asian Development Bank
4.New Development Bank
5.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Answer – 1.World Bank
World Bank’s SIMO is a six- year programme in support of the Indian government’s National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (2017-23). SIMO will be implemented through the National Skill Development Mission and will specifically target labour market entrants.
- Who among the following has won Femina Miss India 2017 title?
Answer – 2.Manushi Chhillar
On June 25, 2017, Manushi Chhillar from Haryana won Femina Miss India 2017 title. Sana Dua from Jammu and Kashmir is the first runner-up and the second runner-up is Priyanka Kumari from Bihar. The event was held at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai on June 25, 2017
- Who among the following has been appointed as the President of the India International Centre (IIC)- one of the premier cultural institutions of India?
1.Om Prakash Kohli
4.N N Vohra
Answer – 4.N N Vohra
Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra has been appointed as the President of the India International Centre (IIC). N N Vohra was appointed as the president at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which was held on June 23, 2017. The appointment was made after eminent jurist Soli Sorabjee quit the presidential post.
- Aerospace company SpaceX has successfully launched and landed the second _______ rocket in roughly 48 hours.
Answer – 4.Falcon 9
On June 25, 2017, the Falcon 9 rocket blasted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base northwest of Los Angeles. It carried a second batch of new satellites for Iridium Communications, which is replacing its orbiting fleet with a next-generation constellation of satellites.
- ’Opportunity’ is a part of NASA’s Exploration programme of which planet?
Answer – 1.Mars
NASA’s Opportunity Mars rover is examining the edge of a crater on Mars that may once have been a lake of liquid water. The Opportunity rover found rocks at the edge of Endeavour Crater that were either transported by a flood or eroded in place by wind.
- On June 26, 2017, city mayors from around the world including Washington, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney called on ______ leaders to stick to their commitments on tackling climate change.
Answer – 2.G20 Leaders
In a joint text distributed to media outlets worldwide and posted online, the C-40 mayors of the world’s great cities urged leaders from the Group of 20 to deliver on their respective commitments to tackle climate change. The joint statement added that in light of US President Donald Trump’s decision to pull out of the Paris climate change pact the resolve of the other 19 leaders at the upcoming G20 Summit to safeguard the future of our planet is more important than ever.
- Who among the following created history by becoming the first Indian to complete the 4,900-km Race Across America(RAAM), the toughest cycle race in world, in solo category?
Answer – 3.Srinivas Gokulnath
Eleven days, 18 hours and 45 minutes after setting out from California, Srinivas Gokulnath created history by becoming the first Indian to complete what is considered to be the toughest cycle race in the world — the 4,900-km Race Across America (RAAM) in solo category. Among the nine men who finished, Gokulnath stood at 7th position.
- Yashaswini Deswal is associated with which sport?
Answer – 4.Shooting
Yashaswini Singh Deswal of Chandigarh has won Gold Medal in the Women’s 10m Air Pistol at the end of day two of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Championship Rifle/Pistol, in Suhl, Germany. On course to winning the Gold, Yashaswini Deswal equalled the junior world record score of 235.9.
- Who among the following has become first Indian woman to win Miss World title in bodybuilding championship?
Answer – 3.Bhumika Sharma
Twenty-one-year-old Bhumika Sharma from Dehradun has become the first Indian woman to win the Miss World Body Building Championship. The event was held in Italy in which, Bhumika defeated 50 women from across the world in the final rounds to clinch the title
- Ankush Dahiya is associated with which sport?
Answer – 3.Boxing
Teenager Ankush Dahiya (60 kg) won gold at the Ulaanbaatar Cup in Mongolia on June 25, 2017. Ankush beat Man Choe Chol of Korea to win the tournament in his category on the final day. Fellow Indian boxer Devendro Singh (52 kg) clinched silver.
- Desh Bandhu Gupta, who passed away on June 26, 2017, was the Founder and Chairman of which company?
Answer – 2.Lupin
A philanthropist, Dr. Gupta will be remembered as a visionary, path-breaker and a nationalist who created a solid legacy of a global pharmaceutical major Lupin, with a presence in over 100 countries.
- K R Mohanan, who passed away on June 25, 2017, was a noted:
1.Malyalam Film Director
3.Historian from Kerala
4.Sports Journalist from Kerala
5.Painter from Kerala
Answer – 1.Malyalam Film Director
Mohanan, a graduate from the Film and Television Institute of India at Pune, was in the forefront of the Malayalam parallel cinema movement. His popular films are Ashwathama’ in 1978, ‘Purushartham’ in 1987 and ‘Swaroopam’ in 1992. Mohanan was a recipient of state and national award for best films.
- What was the theme of “International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking”2017, observed on June 26, 2017?
1.‘Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe’
2.’Say No to Drugs’
3.’Raise Your Voice Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
4.’Trianing Youth to Refrain from Drug Abuse’
5.’Preventing Drug Abuse and Organised Crime’
Answer – 1.‘Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe’
‘International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking’ is observed on June 26 every year to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.