Welcome to Online English Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Fill in the blanks, which is BASED ON IBPS PO/CLERK/LIC AAO/RRB & SSC CGL EXAM and other competitive exams.
- In choosing our priorities, we need to honor and_____________different views about what counts and how to count it, in what will be – and should be – messy,_____________, democratic processes.
1) corporeality, prevails
2) reconcile, participatory
3) certainty, tyrannical
4) palpability, observe
5) phenomenon, absoluteAnswer – 2)
Explanation: reconcile, participatory
reconcile – restore friendly relations between.
participatory – involving or characterized by participation.
- A regulator focused on that objective would be especially_____________in overseeing the transparent disclosure of information, and would seek to promote_____________competition among companies and also,_____________for this objective, among investors.
1) substantive, reconnoiter, review
2) concreteness, probe, recon
3) authenticity, enervated, scrutiny
4) rigorous, vigorous, crucially
5) absoluteness, oppressive, surveillanceAnswer – 4)
Explanation: rigorous, vigorous, crucially
rigorous – extremely thorough and careful.
vigorous – strong, healthy, and full of energy.
- As the social and political_____________of a prolonged period of no_____________or real wage growth may be very serious.
1) tangibility, exploration
2) solidity, idleness
3) verisimilitude, tough
4) withdraw, maneuvers
5) implications, productivityAnswer – 5)
Explanation: implications, productivity
implications – the conclusion that can be drawn from something although it is not explicitly stated.
- We are now trying to repurpose that suitcase, so that it can also enable the diagnosis of_____________fever and tuberculosis, further revolutionizing disease_____________in poor and rural communities.
1) typhoid, surveillance
2) detract, durable
3) utter, inactive
4) diminish, lethargic
5) rounded, despoticAnswer – 1)
Explanation: typhoid, surveillance
typhoid – an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation.
surveillance – close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.
- Aid donors accrue important benefits from financing scientific research in the global South, beginning with_____________of the trust that_____________the_____________international order on which we all depend.
1) outright, autocratic, stated
2) inclusive, certain, patent
3) fulfilled, perspicuous, straightforward
4) reinforcement, underpins, fragile
5) communist, fascistic, monolithicAnswer – 4)
Explanation: reinforcement, underpins, fragile
reinforcement – the action or process of reinforcing or strengthening.
underpins – support (a building or other structure) from below by laying a solid foundation below ground level or by substituting stronger for weaker materials.
fragile – (of an object) easily broken or damaged.
- More directly, supporting the development of low-cost health_____________could play a vital role in_____________the now-colossal health-care expenditure of advanced countries like the US.
1) innovations, reducing
2) consummate, undemocratic
3) plenary, impotent
4) unabridged, extinguish
5) exhaustive, quenchAnswer – 1)
- In a heavily indebted country like Brazil, fiscal_____________can have an unconventional effect on the exchange rate: to the_____________that a smaller deficit assuages fears that the government will try to inflate away its debt burden, the currency_____________.
1) integral, internal, lucid
2) concentrated, inward, definite
3) aggregate, indoor, distinct
4) consolidation, extent, strengthens
5) obscure, absolute,accurateAnswer – 4)
Explanation: consolidation, extent, strengthens
consolidation – the action or process of making something stronger or more solid.
extent – the area covered by something.
- This is even truer on the benefits side of the_____________, where the assumptions_____________not only how to measure returns, but what counts as a return in the first place.
1) equation, concern
2) unspecific, central
3) accomplished, surrounded
4) vague, intramural
5) indefinite, phlegmAnswer – 1)
Explanation: equation, concern
equation – a statement that the values of two mathematical expressions are equal (indicated by the sign ).
concern – relate to; be about.
- All applications of CBA are controversial when economists with different_____________or_____________biases study the same topic.
1) implicit, disregard
2) explicit, implicit
3) unconventional, inattention
4) untraditional, incuriosity
5) confused, preciseAnswer – 2)
Explanation: explicit, implicit
explicit – stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
implicit – suggested though not directly expressed.
- while the general methodology has become part of_____________economics, it is mostly_____________to academic research.
1) heterodox, incuriousness
2) equivocal, lassitude
3) ambiguous, indifference
4) unorthodox, lethargy
5) orthodox, confinedAnswer – 5)
Explanation: orthodox, confined
orthodox – following or conforming to the traditional or generally accepted rules or beliefs of a religion, philosophy, or practice.
confined -(of a space) restricted in area or volume; cramped.