AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz June 15 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Who among the following has become the first Indian woman to be elected as a judge at International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea(ITLOS)?
Answer – 1.Neeru Chadha
Neeru Chadha got 120 votes, the highest in the Asia Pacific group and was elected in the first round of voting itself. She has been elected for a nine-year term from 2017 to 2026
- Sulabh International founder and chief, Bindeshwar Pathak has announced that an open defecation-free (ODF) village in _______ will be named after the US President Donald Trump
Answer – 2.Haryana
Silabh International believes the move will help draw the attention of the world towards India’s cleanliness campaign. The organisation is currently working in some villages of Mewat in Haryana to make them ODF.
- The Nalanda University has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with an institute from which country for academic cooperation?
Answer – 1.South Korea
Nalanda University Vice Chancellor Professor Sunaina Singh and Professor Shin Jong Won, Vice President Academy of Korean Studies (AKS), signed a Memorandum of Understanding for academic linkages/collaborations in Patna. As per the MoU, the two universities have agreed to enhance the bilateral ties through joint research programme, exchange of faculty members, mutual sharing of data for academic research and joint teaching.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched IDCF in order to intensify efforts to reduce child deaths due to diarrhoea. Abbreviation ‘IDCF’ stands for?
1.Intensified Diarrhea Control Forum
2.Integrated Diarrhea Control Fortnight
3.Integrated Diarrhea Control Forum
4.Intensified Diarrhea Control Fortnight
5.Intensified Diarrhea Control Focus
Answer – 4.Intensified Diarrhea Control Fortnight
The Ministry has made it a national priority to bring health outcomes among children to a level equitable with the rest of the world. Through this initiative, the Ministry will mobilize health personnel, State Governments and other stakeholders to prioritize investment in control of diarrhea, one of the most common childhood illnesses.
- India has ranked _______ on the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017.
Answer – 5.60th
India’s rank at 60th spot marks an improvement of six places as compared to 66th rank in 2016. Switzerland has topped the index for seventh consecutive year. Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands, the US and UK comprise the top five most-innovative countries.
- As per a report by UN International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), which among the following has been the top remittance-receiving country in year 2016?
Indians working across the globe sent home USD 62.7 billion in 2016. The report outlined that remittance flows across the world have grown over the last decade at a rate averaging 4.2% annually, from USD 296 billion in 2007 to USD 445 billion in 2016.
- Which among the following organisation has approved $150 million equity investment loan to the India Infrastructure Fund?
2.International Monetary Fund
3.New Development Bank
4.Asian Development Bank
5.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Answer – 5.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
The Infrastructure Fund aims to invest in mid-cap infrastructure companies in India, and to expand the bank’s equity and loan deal sourcing pipelines in the private sector through its equity participation in this fund.
- On June 14, 2017, public sector oil firms IOC, BPCL and HPCL signed an agreement to jointly set up the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complex at____________ district of Maharashtra.
Answer – 1.Ratnagiri district
Indian Oil Corp (IOC) will be the lead partner with 50% stake while Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) will take 25% stake. Union Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said this refinery is being set up keeping in mind the future fuel demand and the export potential of the country.
- India has imposed anti-dumping duty up to 118 dollar/tonne on import of which chemical from Bangladesh, Taiwan, Korea, Pakistan and Thailand?
Answer – 2.Hydrogen Peroxide
The duty has been levied to protect domestic manufacturers from material injury due to the cheap imports. The anti-dumping duty is in the range of USD 27.81-117.94 per tonne. It will remain in place for five years.
- Israeli author David Grossman has won the Man Booker International Prize for his novel:
1.`A Tiger Walks Into a Bar’
2.`A Lion Walks Into a Bar’
3.`A Horse Walks Into a Bar’
4.`A Bear Walks Into a Bar’
5.`A Bull Walks Into a Bar’
Answer – 3.`A Horse Walks Into a Bar’
Grossman beat out five other finalists, including fellow Israeli author Amos Oz to win the prestigious Booker Prize. Grossman’s novel is about a failing standup comic and his final performance
- Who has been conferred with Nanniyode Rajan Memorial Award, instituted by the Milma Thiruvananthapuram Regional Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union (TRCMPU)?
4.Montek Singh Ahluwalia
Answer – 1.E Sreedharan
Delhi Metro Railway Corporation (DMRC) Principal Adviser E. Sreedharan, popularly known as ‘Metroman’ has been selected for the year’s Nanniyode Rajan Memorial Award, instituted by the Milma Thiruvananthapuram Regional Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union (TRCMPU) in memory of its former chairman.
- Ramanathan Ramanan, who has been appointed as mission director of Atal Innovation Mission, under the government’s premier think tank NITI Aayog is a Senior Vice President at:
4.Tata Consultancy Services
Answer – 4.Tata Consultancy Services
The government has appointed Ramanathan Ramanan a senior vice president at Tata Consultancy Services to head Atal Innovation Mission, its initiative to promote entrepreneurship in the country; this is the first instance, wherein best of private minds has been brought in to drive innovation in governance.
- Who among the following has been appointed as Executive Vice President (Services) in Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN)?
Answer – 3.Kajal Singh
The GSTN is a special purpose vehicle set up to provide Information Technology infrastructure for implementation of the GST. Singh, a 1992 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has been appointed to the post for a period of three years.
- On June 15, 2017, which country successfully launched its first X-ray space telescope to study black holes, pulsars and gamma-ray bursts?
Answer – 2.China
A Long March-4B rocket carried the 2.5-tonne telescope into orbit from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China’s Gobi Desert. The Hard X-ray Modulation Telescope (HXMT), named Insight, will allow Chinese scientists to observe magnetic fields and the interiors of pulsars and better understand the evolution of black holes
- On June 12, 2017, which State Government launched the website ‘PashuBazar’ to facilitate online sale or purchase of cattle?
Answer – 4.Telangana
The online platform has been developed to help farmers in selling their animals without physically taking them to weekly markets. An official said the new cattle rules issued by the Centre were under study and they would be applicable to online sale too.
- ‘World Elder Abuse Awareness Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – 2.15th June
The United Nations General Assembly, in its resolution 66/127, designated June 15 as World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. It represents the one day in the year when the whole world voices its opposition to the abuse and suffering inflicted to some of our older generations.
- Indian-origin Leo Varadkar has been elected as the youngest Prime Minister of:
Answer – 1.Ireland
On June 14, 2017, Ireland’s new Prime Minister Leo Varadkar announced his cabinet line-up, remaining largely the same as his predecessor Enda Kenny’s cabinet. Varadkar was nominated for the position of prime minister after his predecessor Enda Kenny formally resigned on June 12, 2017.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.