AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs June 11 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
Click Here to Read Current Affairs June 11 2018
- On 11th June 2018, the Ministry of Railways introduced two mobile applications ‘Rail MADAD’ and ‘Menu on Rails’ to improve the travelling experience. Expand MADAD?
1.Mobile Application for Distant Assistance During travel
2.Mobile Application for Distress Assistance During travel
3.Mobile Application for Destress Assistance During train travel
4.Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During travel
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During travel
Rail MADAD (Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During travel). The apps were launched by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Minister of State (MoS) Manoj Sinha at a press conference held to highlight the achievements of the Railway Ministry in the past four years. Rail MADAD app will help travellers to register complaints. Menu on Rails app will offer the facility to order food. Piyush Goyal said that, the theme for development this year is to enhance connectivity for the poor.
- The _____ will be able to issue forecast on floods and guidance on the preventive measures to the disaster management agencies with the help of a new soil study data named : ‘Flash Flood Guidance System’ that would be launched on July 2018?
1.Indian Meteorological Department
4.Science and Technology Department
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Indian Meteorological Department
IMD would launch this service by July 2018. The soil study done from different soil types of different regions will also be accompanied by the rain forecast to ascertain how much water would be left behind after absorption into the ground. The state and district-level farmers’ bodies and disaster management agencies will be given appropriate guidance for flood preparedness. In plains like Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, where the soil is more absorbent, 10 to 20 cm of rainfall will not cause floods.
- On June 11,2018, Union Minister for Electronics & IT and Law Justice, _____ launched major services showcasing the impact and progress made by the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) in promoting rural Wi-Fi network infrastructure?
4.Ravi Shankar Prasad
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Ravi Shankar Prasad
5000 Wi-Fi choupals have been launched to provide Internet connectivity to the 2.5 lakh gram panchayats through optical fiber cable. Mou between CSC and IRCTC has been signed for availability of railway services like booking railway tickets etc. through CSC centres. IndusInd bank will provide CSR support CSC SPV for digital literacy of 3 lakh candidates through PMGDISHA.
- On June 11, 2018, the special booklet titled ’80-years of Odisha Budget – A Commemorative Volume’ was released by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. What was Odisha’s annual budget for 2018-19?
1.Rs 5,56,456 crore
2.Rs 1,20,028 crore
3.Rs 8,56,562 crore
4.Rs 2,20,028 croreAnswer – 2.Rs 1,20,028 crore
Odisha is the first state in the country to bring out such a compilation. The state government has come up with a separate agricultural budget in 2016 with focused attention on the agricultural sector. In the year of 2000, the budget had only been Rs 14,000 crore.
- From 20th June to 15th July 2018, Awareness programmes will be held at the village, block and district levels for farmers in Haryana. The announcement was made by Principal Secretary of Haryana Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Department, _____?
2.Ram Prakash Javari
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Abhilaksh Likhi
These programmes will create awareness on the negative effects of stubble burning, its alternatives and several farmer welfare schemes. Principal Secretary of Haryana Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Department, Abhilaksh Likhi said that, the programmes will be supervised by senior officials. Seminars will be conducted in all districts as part of the campaign. The deputy directors of departments have been directed to ensure maximum participation of the farmers. Abhilaksh Likhi said that, farmers should be taught about modern agriculture techniques of the current time.
- Where was the 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit held, that concluded on June 11, 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Qingdao, China
On June 11, 2018, the 18th SCO summit concluded with the adoption of ‘Qingdao Declaration’. The SCO Action plan for 2019 to 2020 was also signed. This is the first time India is participating as a full member of the Shanghai Co-operation Organization (SCO) .
- On June 9, 2018, On the sidelines of the SCO summit India and China signed how many agreements on Brahmaputra water data sharing and non-basmati rice export?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.2
The data sharing on the cross border flow of Brahmaputra river will be for the flood season. The chinese side would provide hydrological data from May 15 to October 15 when the river is prone to floods if the water level exceeds a mutually agreed level. Mou between Chinese Administration of Customs and Department of Agriculture on the non-basmati rice exports from India to China. This was the 14th meeting between Prime minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- On June 11, 2018, As part of the visit of the South African nations by Indian External Afffairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, she stopped by Port Louis to inspect the work on the 11th World Hindi Conference which will be hosted by ____ Government from August 18- 20 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Mauritius
The Event is organized by the Indian External Affairs Ministry every 3 years. This year the organizing authority is World Hindi Secretariat located in Mauritius . The government has been suggested to support major Hindi scholars as this might be a public relations exercise before the 2019 general elections. Special focus of this year’s event will be on Bollywood and the global reach of Hindi through movies.
- One June 11, 2018, On the backdrop of rising oil prices and shortfall in FPI inflows to the country the RBI is expected to raise ____ via NRI bonds to raise the rupee?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.$30-35 billion
FPI has been slowed down amidst political volatility and with listing of Chinese forms in global benchmark indices. China market could list a $100 billion in 2019 . RBI would release a fourth tranche of NRI bonds. RBI will issue NRI bonds if the global oil prices persist at USD 70/bbl.
- On June 11, 2018, the government is likely to launch a Rs 500-crore credit enhancement fund next month to facilitate infrastructure investments by insurance and pension funds. The initial corpus of the fund will be sponsored by IIFCL. What is the full form of IIFCL?
1.India Infrastructure Finance Company
2.International Infrastructure Finance Company
3.India Infrastructure Finance Corporation
4.International Infrastructure Finance Council
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.India Infrastructure Finance Company
This will help in upgrading credit ratings of bonds issued by infrastructure companies and facilitate investment from investors like pension and insurance funds. The initial corpus of the fund, to be sponsored by IIFCL (India Infrastructure Finance Company), will be Rs 500 crore, and it will operate as a non-banking finance company. IIFCL will hold a 22.5 per cent stake in the NBFC, while the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has offered to pick up a 10 per cent stake,SBI, Bank of Baroda and LIC will also have stakes in the firm.
- On 8th June 2018, Chinese President Xi Jinping presented China’s first friendship medal to which leader, at a special event held at the Great Hall of People, China?
1.Indian Prime Minister – Narendra Modi
2.Russian President – Vladimir Putin
3.French Prime Minister – Emmanuel Macron
4.US President – Donald Trump
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Russian President – Vladimir Putin
This Friendship medal has been claimed to be the highest state honour of China. Xi Jinping praised Vladimir Putin’s contributions to build a peaceful world. In 2017, Vladimir Putin awarded Xi Jinping the Order of St Andrew for his remarkable service to Chinese and Russian people. The Order of St Andrew was awarded to Xi Jinping during his visit to Moscow, Russia.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)?
4.Prem Kumar Narayanan
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.S Ramesh
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has cleared the appointment of S Ramesh as the next Chairman of CBIC. He has been a member of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). He will replace Mrs Vanaja N. Sarna, who will be retiring in the end of June 2018.
- A team of researchers from the Physical Research Laboratory, ____ , have discovered a planet named EPIC 211945201b (or K2-236b)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ahmedabad
The planet is six times bigger than Earth. It revolves around a Sun-like star about 600 light years away. Both the planet and the star have been named as EPIC. Now India has become one among the few countries that have discovered planets around stars. Physical Research Laboratory’s parent organization is Indian Space Research Organisation. This discovery was made using a PRL-designed spectrograph, PARAS, to measure and confirm the mass of the new planet.
- On 10th June 2018, which country won the Intercontinental Cup Football Tournament title at the Mumbai Football Arena?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.India
India beat Kenya 2-0 in the final. Indian captain Sunil Chhetri scored goals in the 8th and 29th minutes. He has equalled Argentina’s Lionel Messi’s tally of 64 international goals. He has become the joint-second active international goal scorer after Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo (81 goals).
- On 10th June 2018, which Indian football player became the joint second highest international goal scorer among active players along with Argentine player Lionel Messi with his 64th goal for India in the match against Kenya in the Intercontinental Cup Football Tournament final in Mumbai?
2.Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sunil Chhetri
Sunil Chhetri scored 2 goals for India in the match in the 8th minute and 29th minute. He is 33 years old. This was his 102nd international match. He and Lionel Messi are behind Portuguese player Cristiano Ronaldo who has 81 goals from 150 matches. Sunil Chhetri and Lionel Messi are now in joint 21st in the all-time list of goal scorers. Sunil Chhetri is just one goal below former Chelsea and Ivory Coast player Didier Drogba (65 from 104 matches).
- On 11th June 2018, Xavier Rutsa, passed away due to heart attack, in Nagaland. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Journalist
Xavier Rutsa was 42 years old. He was a senior journalist and was also involved with various social organisations, mainly sports bodies. He died due to heat attack when returning home from a meeting of New Market Youth Organisation Sports Committee.
- When was the Green Mizoram Day observed throughout Mizoram?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.June 11
On this day government employees, students and members of NGOs planted large number of trees. Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla inaugurated the Green Mizoram Day 2018. The function was attended by cabinet ministers, legislators and senior government officials. The trees were planted as a part of this event along the Chite river in Aizawl. The Green Mizoram Day is observed every year on 11th June since 1999.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the CEO and headquarters of Dena Bank?Headquarters – Mumbai; CEO – Shri Ashwani Kumar
- Where is Murlen National Park located?Mizoram
- Who is the secretary general of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)?Rashid Alimov
- The Salal (Rockfill And Concrete) dam is constructed on which river?Chenab River
- Which state houses the Saraswati Wildlife Sanctuary?Haryana
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification