AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 7 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which programme, aimed at connecting school students and scientists for extending student’s classroom learning was launched on July 6, 2017 in New Delhi?
5.’PRERNA’Answer – 2.’JIGYASA’
On July 6, 2017, ‘JIGYASA’, a student- scientist connect programme was officially launched in New Delhi. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) to implement this programme. MoU signing ceremony was held in the presence of Dr. Harsh Vardhan – Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Forests and Climate Change and Mr. Prakash Javadekar – Minister of Human Resource Development.
- 4th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems was held on July 6, 2017 at:
1.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
2.Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
4.Chennai, Tamil Nadu
5.Kolkata, West BengalAnswer – 1.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
On July 6, 2017, Ms. Sumitra Mahajan – Speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha inaugurated the 4th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems at Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Which State Government has approved a new transport policy to streamline the issuance of permits and licences across commercial and private transport vehicles in the state?
5.HaryanaAnswer – 4.Punjab
Punjab cabinet has approved the new transport policy to streamline the issuance of permits and licences across commercial and private transport vehicles. It also abolished the system of district transport officers (DTO) and restructured the transport department.
- India’s new 2016 Anti-Hijacking Act which replaces the 1982 law incorporates the latest global anti-hijack provisions and brings Indian law in line with the which Protocol of the UN body International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)?
5.Beijing ProtocolAnswer – 5.Beijing Protocol
India’s new anti-hijacking law, which prescribes capital punishment in the event of death of “any person”, has come into force following a government notification. The new law, which has come into effect after its notification on July 5, 2017, includes several acts within the definition of hijacking including making a threat, attempts or abatement to commit the offence.
- The government will set up ‘Garib Nawaz’ skill development centres in how many districts of the country to offer employment-oriented training to the youth from minority communities?
5.200 districtsAnswer – 1.100 districts
Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that the government will also offer marriage assistance to the tune of Rs. 51,000 (per head) to families of girl students who complete their graduation availing the Centre’s Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship.
- The government has decided to do away with the ‘No-Detention Policy’ under the Right to Education (RTE) Act, 2009 from next academic year. ‘No-Detention Policy’ prohibits schools from detaining or expelling any student up to Class:
5.Class IVAnswer – 1.Class VIII
The Government has taken the decision to do away with ‘No-Detention Policy’ following representation from most of the states highlighting that quality of education has deteriorated because of the policy.
- Naval forces of which countries participated in Malabar Naval Exercise 2017 which began on July 7, 2017 in Chennai, India?
1.India, US and Australia
2.India, Japan and Australia
3.India, US and Japan
4.India, Sri Lanka and US
5.India, Japan and Sri LankaAnswer – 3.India, US and Japan
Naval ships, aircraft and personnel from India, Japan and the United States participated in exercise Malabar 2017. Malabar naval exercise 2017 will continue till 17th July and will address the variety of shared threats to maritime security in the Indo-Asia Pacific region
- Which Union Ministry has established a four member GST Facilitation Cell at its office to guide the industry about the new tax regime?
1.Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
2.Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
3.Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4.Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
5.Ministry of Food Processing IndustriesAnswer – 5.Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Ministry of Food Processing Industries has created a GST cell for the purpose of implementation and facilitating the rollout of GST with immediate effect. The GST facilitation cell will provide all possible support for the rollout of the levy to the major industry and business associations of the Food Processing sector.
- India has ranked at which position on Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI), released by UN International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
5.63rdAnswer – 1.23rd
India has ranked 23rd out of 165 nations on the Global Cybersecurity Index with a score of 0.683 and has been listed in the “maturing” category, which refers to 77 countries that have developed complex commitments to cybersecurity and engage in cybersecurity programmes and initiatives.
- According to a report by BMI Research, Indian economy is expected to clock a real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of ____% in this financial year.
5.7.5%Answer – 2.6.9%
As per a report by BMI Research, the negative effect from demonetisation is already wearing off, and the Indian economy is likely to benefit from positive demographic trends, greater external stability, and continued reforms.
- Researchers from which entity have presented a study indicating that India will be the base to the economic pole of global growth over the coming decade, remaining ahead of China?
1.Centre for Economic Development (CID) at Cambridge University
2.Centre for Socio-Economic Development (CID) at Stanford University
3.Centre for International Development (CID) at Harvard University
4.Centre for Macro Development (CID) at Sydney University
5.Centre for Global Development (CID) at Oxford UniversityAnswer – 3.Centre for International Development (CID) at Harvard University
The study mentioned that India and Uganda top the list of the fastest growing economies to 2025, at 7.7% annually. Researchers attribute India’s rapid growth prospects to the fact that it is particularly well-positioned to continue diversifying into new areas, given the capabilities accumulated to date.
- In a major step to protect customers from large financial losses on account of frauds, Reserve Bank of India has capped the customer liability at what amount if they report unauthorised transactions within seven working days?
RBI said customers can’t be made liable at all if they notify the bank within three working days of the transaction. These rules will be applicable for third party breach — where the deficiency lies neither with the bank nor with the customer but lies elsewhere in the system.
- As per the amended Legal Metrology rules for packaged commodities, which will come into effect from _________, the Centre has clarified that the retail sale price shall be the maximum retail price (MRP) inclusive of all taxes.
1.September 1, 2017
2.October 1, 2017
3.November 1, 2017
4.December 1, 2017
5.January 1, 2018Answer – 5.January 1, 2018
From January 1, 2018, the price of a packaged good would no longer depend on where you bought it — be it a local kirana store, a mall, a five-star hotel or an airport. The Consumer Affairs Ministry has amended the rules that govern packaged commodities to this effect.
- National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco) is setting up the first of its kind Aluminium Park in:
5.Sagar, Madhya PradeshAnswer – 4.Angul, Odisha
Nalco, in collaboration with Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO), is setting up the first of its kind Aluminium Park in Angul, Odisha. Jointly developed by the Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) and National Aluminium Company Limited (Nalco), Angul Aluminium Park will be the first project in the subcontinent with a facility to directly obtain molten aluminium from the smelter.
- India has slipped by one spot to become the _____ largest foreign investor into the UK.
India lost its position as the third largest investor in the UK to France which set up 131 projects last year. The US remains on the top, investing in 577 projects in the UK, with China (including Hong Kong) remaining in second place with 160 projects.
- Who among the following has been awarded Order of Australia for community work, the highest civilian award in Australia?
5.Mayank TendulkarAnswer – 2.Guruswamy Jayraman
Guruswamy Jayraman works as a senior accountant with Woollahra Municipal Council and has been devoting most of his spare time in community work for the last 25 years.
- Sanjiv Goenka, has been selected as the Chairman of the Board of Governors at:
5.IIT-GuwahatiAnswer – 1.IIT-Kharagpur
RP Sanjiv Goenka Group Chairman, Sanjiv Goenka, has been selected as the Chairman of the Board of Governors at IIT-Kharagpur. He will be Chairman for three years. Goenka’s name was nominated by the President, Pranab Mukherjee, in his capacity as Visitor of the Institute.
- India’s Ambassador to Peru Sandeep Chakravorty has been appointed as the head of the Indian consulate in:
5.New YorkAnswer – 5.New York
Sandeep Chakravorty, a1996 Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer will replace Riva Ganguly Das as Consul General at Indian Consulate in New York which is one of the busiest Indian diplomatic missions overseas. Chakravorty (47) was India’s Deputy High Commissioner in Dhaka, before being appointed as Ambassador to Peru and Bolivia.
- A study by which entities suggests that the extreme El Nino that occurred in 2015 played an important role in Chennai’s heavy rainfall from November 30 to December 2, 2015?
1.University of Kochi and the Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay
2.University of Kochi and the Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi
3.University of Hyderabad and the Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay
4.University of Hyderabad and the Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi
5.University of Hyderabad and the Indian Institute of Technology – KanpurAnswer – 3.University of Hyderabad and the Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay
As per a study by the University of Hyderabad and the Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay suggests that the extreme El Nino that occurred in 2015 played an important role in Chennai’s heavy rainfall. After 1982 and 1997, the 2015 event also turned out to be an extreme El Nino event.
- As per a new research, which among the following countries account for the most cropland in the world irrigated by dirty wastewater?
1.India and Pakistan
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
According to the study published in the journal Environmental Research Letters, India and four other countries – China, Pakistan, Mexico and Iran — account for the most cropland in the world irrigated by dirty wastewater, putting millions of lives at serious health risks.
- ‘Global Forgiveness Day’is observed on which date every year?
5.9th JulyAnswer – 3.7th July
Global Forgiveness Day is observed on July 7, 2017. It is a day to forgive, and a day to be forgiven. It was created in 1994 by the Christian Embassy of Christ’s Ambassadors. The date has been moved from August 27th to July 7th.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.