Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to Indian GK(Indian Economy) !!!
- The blueprints for India’s planning was first given by who among the following ?
2.B. R. Ambedkar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.M. Visvervaraya
The blueprints for India’s planning first came from an engineer-administrator, M. Visvervaraya. He is regarded as the pioneer in talking about planning in India as a mere economic exercise. His book ‘Planned Economy for India’ published in 1934 proposed a ten-year plan.
- Who given the Bombay Plan in 1944 ?
3.M. N. Roy
4.S. N. Agarwal
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.M. N. Roy
The Bombay Plan was given by M. N. Roy in 1944. His plan came to be known as People’s Plan.
- The Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) is a welfare programme administered by
1.Ministry of Finance
2.Ministry of Women and Child Development
3.Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
4.Ministry of Rural Development
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) is an Indian government welfare programme which provides food, preschool education, and primary healthcare to children under 6 years of age and their mothers
- A short-term loan that is taken out until permanent financing can be arranged is known as
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Caveat loan
Caveat loan – A short-term loan that is taken out until permanent financing can be arranged. Also called swing loan.
- ____________ five year plan is also known as Gadgil Yojana
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Third
3rd Five year Plan (1961-66) It was based on John Sandy and S. Chakravarty model .This plan is called ‘Gadgil Yojana’.Its main objectives were self-reliant and self-generating economy.
- The S.C.Choksi committee related with which of the following ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Direct tax
The Government of India appointed in June, 1977 the Direct Tax Law Committee, initially headed by Shri A.N.Palkiwala and later by Shri S.C.Choksi to recommend (a) measures to simplify and rationalize the direct tax laws
- Who is the founder of the Indian Statistical Institute ?
1.Samarendra Nath Roy
3.Raj Chandra Bose
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.P.C. Mahalanobis
P.C. Mahalanobis is a well-known architect of Indian Planning.The Indian Statistical Institute in Calcutta was established by Mahalanobis. He also started a journal namely ‘Sankya.’
- Village and Small-Scale Industries Committee was headed by _____________in 1955
1.Balwant Rai Mehta
4.Dattatreya Gopal Karve
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Dattatreya Gopal Karve
In 1955, Village and Small-Scale Industries Committee (which is also known as Karve Committee) proposed to promote small-scale industries for rural development.and find the possibility of using small-scale industries for promoting rural development.
- In which year, first industrial policy resolution was announced in India ?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.1948
The Government of India announced its first industrial policy resolution on 6 April,1948. The policy resolution laid stress on the role of the state in the development of industry.
- The Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) provides food to which age group ?
4.4 – 8 years
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Below 6
ICDS provides 300 kilocalories (with 8-10 grams of protein) every day to every child below 6 years of age