AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 4 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- A 15-day long joint military training exercise Ex Maitree 2017 between armies of India and _______ begun from July 3, 2017 in Himachal Pradesh.
5.VietnamAnswer – 2.Thailand
The armies of India and Thailand are conducting the yearly joint training exercise named Ex Maitree 2017 from July 3 to July 17 at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh. Approximately 50 troops from Royal Thailand Army and an equal number of Indian soldiers from the Northern Command will participate in the exercise.
- In which state, the Office of the Commissioner of Commercial Taxes has set up GST facilitation centres in ward offices, wherein chartered accountants will provide free consultation services related to GST?
5.RajasthanAnswer – 1.Goa
Office of the Commissioner of Commercial Taxes has set up GST facilitation Centres in all Ward offices and also at Head Office, Panaji. Similarly, trained Help Desk Personnel are appointed for each ward/Head Office, for assisting the Tax Payers in resolving their technical issues in respect of migration, registration, amendments, return filing, payments, etc. Facility of free consultation to Taxpayers by selected Chartered Accountant in respective ward Offices will be available from 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. for giving advice/consultation on implementation of GST.
- India’s tallest Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower will be operational at which airport by December 2017?
1. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad
2.Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
3.Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
4.Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
5.Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport, PatnaAnswer – 3.Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
The new 101.9-metre air traffic control (ATC) tower at the Delhi airport — touted to be the country’s tallest — is likely to start operations by December 2017. The tower, among the tallest structures in Delhi, will give a 360-degree view of the airport to the controllers who will be able to see all the three runways, aprons and taxiways.
- On July 3, 2017, Pranab Mukherjee has approved a Legislative Bill to ban the hookah bar in which state?
5.GujaratAnswer – 5.Gujarat
Earlier in December 2016, the Gujarat government had moved an ordinance to introduce new law and the bill for the same was passed in the state assembly in March 2017.
- International Center for Climate Governance (ICCG), an international body which focuses on climate policies has ranked The Energy Resources Institute (TERI) at ________ position among top think tanks in the world.
5.sixthAnswer – 1.second
The New Delhi-based think tank TERI was ranked under the category ‘2016 Top Climate Think Tanks in the Rest of the World–Absolute Global Rankings’ during ICCG’s 23rd annual conference of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE) in Athens in Greece.
- On June 30, 2017, India told China that its attempt to construct a road in the Doklam area in _____ will cause a “significant change of status quo”, is a “violation of a 2012 understanding”, and will lead to “serious security implications.
5.Jammu & KashmirAnswer – 2.Bhutan
On June 16, 2017, Chinese Army’s construction party entered the Doklam area and attempted to construct a road. Indian soldiers as well as soldiers from the Royal Bhutan Army urged Chinese soldiers “to desist from changing the status quo”.
- As per an analysis of the latest figures compiled by the Swiss National Bank, India has slipped to _______ place in terms of money parked by its citizens with Swiss banks by the end of 2016.
5.108th placeAnswer – 3.88th place
Money officially held by Indians with banks in Switzerland now accounts for a meagre 0.04% of the total funds kept by all foreign clients in the Swiss banking system. Indian holding stood at 676 million Swiss francs — a record low after falling for three consecutive years.
- Who has been appointed as the new chief of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)on July 3, 2017?
5.Mukul KatiyarAnswer – 3.Sanjay Kumar
Himachal Pradesh director general of police (DGP) Sanjay Kumar has been appointed as the new chief of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF). The Union home ministry on July 3, 2017 issued an order appointing Kumar, a 1985-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, to the top NDRF post.
- Which International Financial Organisation has committed USD 220 million for improving road connectivity as well as transport efficiency and safety on state highways of Rajasthan?
1.Asian Development Bank
3.International Monetary Fund
4.Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
5.New Development BankAnswer – 1.Asian Development Bank
This loan is the first tranche of the USD 500 million Rajasthan State Highways Investment Programme, approved by the ADB Board in May 2017, that will upgrade about 2,000 kilometers of state highways and major district roads to two- lane or intermediate-lane standards to meet road safety requirements.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has raised the FPI limit in government securities by 4.7% to Rs.2.42 billion for July-September quarter. Abbreviation FPI stands for:
1.Foreign Promoter Investment
2.Foreign Portfolio Investment
3.Foreign Profit Investment
4.Foreign Personal Investment
5.Foreign Professional InvestmentAnswer – 2.Foreign Portfolio Investment
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has raised the foreign portfolio investment (FPI) limit in government securities by 4.7% to Rs.2.42 billion for July-September quarter, mainly to increase foreign capital inflows. Earlier, the limit was Rs2.31 billion.
- As per a notification issued by Revenue Department, restrictions on cash dealings of Rs. 2 lakh or more will not apply to:
1.receipts by a business correspondent on behalf of a banking company or co-operative bank
2.receipt by a company or institution issuing credit cards against bills raised in respect of one or more credit cards.
3.receipt from an agent by an issuer of pre-paid payment instruments
4.receipt by a white label ATM operator from retail outlet
5.All of the aboveAnswer – 5.All of the above
Finance Act 2017 banned cash transaction of 2 lakh or above with effect April 1, 2017. However, some exceptions were made which include credit card bill payments, business correspondents appointed by banks and issuers of prepaid instruments.
- Finance Ministry has removed additional excise duty on which products with effect from July 1, following the GST implementation.
2.toys for children
3.auto spare parts
4.tobacco, pan masala and cigarettes
5.electrical components used in computersAnswer – 4.tobacco, pan masala and cigarettes
Following the rollout of Goods and Services Tax (GST) from July 1, 2017, the central excise notifications for tobacco, pan masala and cigarettes had to be brought in line with the new indirect tax regime. Thus Finance Ministry has removed additional excise duty on tobacco, pan masala and cigarettes with effect from July 1, 2017.
- Who among the following have launched an investment fund called Fundamentum with a corpus of $100 million to back startups looking for growth capital?
1.Nandan Nilekani and Sanjeev Aggarwal
2.Nandan Nilekani and Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
3.Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and Kishore Biyani
4.Kishore Biyani and Sanjeev Aggarwal
5.Nandan Nilekani and Ashwani GujralAnswer – 1.Nandan Nilekani and Sanjeev Aggarwal
The fund, which has so far closed $50 million, will see one-third of the corpus coming from Nilekani and Aggarwal. Fundamentum has already brought onboard six entrepreneurs who will also invest in the fund.
- Microsoft India has signed an agreement with which entity to offer Microsoft Aspire School Program (MASP) Pro Plus to over 55,000 member schools.
1.National Innovative Schools Alliance
2.National Independent Schools Alliance
3.National Integrated Schools Alliance
4.National Integrated Schools Authority
5.National Information Schools AgencyAnswer – 2.National Independent Schools Alliance
MASP aims to equip schools with technology and innovative learning solutions, modernise campuses, and prepare future- ready students, among others. With this partnership, schools across 23 states can now avail MASP Pro Plus. National Independent Schools Alliance brings together budget private schools (BPS) from across the country to give them a unified voice to address their concerns about legislations.
- Which among the following NGO has been awarded the United Nations Development Programme’s Equator Prize for devising an ecologically sustainable agriculture model to combat the adverse impacts of drought?
1.Kisan Jan Manch
2.Sarva Kalyan Sangathan
3.Swayam Shikshan Prayog
4.Marathawada Kisan Sangathan
5.Saujanya Seva SabhaAnswer – 3.Swayam Shikshan Prayog
Swayam Shikshan Prayog is the only Indian organisation to win the award, making the cut from more than 800 nominations across 120 countries. Fifteen projects from organisations across Africa, Asia and Latin America won the award in recognition of innovative solutions to tackle poverty, and environment and climate challenges.
- Who among the following has been appointed as New Army Commander of Sri Lankaby Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena?
5.Mahesh SenanayakeAnswer – 5.Mahesh Senanayake
Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake, who played a key role in defeating the Tamil Tigers during the three-decade-long brutal civil war, has been appointed as New Army Commander of Sri Lanka by Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.
- Which country claimed to have conducted its first test of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) on July 4, 2017?
5.IndonesiaAnswer – 1.North Korea
North Korea claims to have conducted its first test of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) , a development that, if confirmed, could move the regime closer to being able to strike the US mainland and dramatically strengthen its hand in negotiations with Washington.
- On July 3, 2017, which cargo space craft returned to Earth from the International Space Station (ISS)bringing back the first Chinese experiment ever to ISS?
1.SpaceX’s Dragon cargo spacecraft
2.SpaceX’s Falcon cargo spacecraft
3.SpaceX’s Phoenix cargo spacecraft
4.SpaceX’s Eagle cargo spacecraft
5.SpaceX’s Anaconda cargo spacecraftAnswer – 1.SpaceX’s Dragon cargo spacecraft
This was SpaceX’s 11th contracted cargo re-supply mission for NASA. Dragon has returned with more than 1,860 kg of cargo, including science samples from human and animal research, biotechnology studies, physical science investigations and education activities.
- As per a publication, ‘Mangrove Forest Cover Changes in Indian Sundarban Using Remote Sensing and GIS’, by the School of Oceanographic Studies, Jadavpur University, 124.418 sq. km. mangrove forest cover in Indian Sundarbans has been lost from:
1.1990 to 2016
2.1989 to 2015
3.1988 to 2014
4.1987 to 2013
5.1986 to 2012Answer – 5.1986 to 2012
The total forest cover of the Indian Sunderbans as assessed by remote sensing studies for the year 1986 was about 2,246.839 sq. km., which gradually declined by 2,201.41 sq. km. in 1996, then down to 2168.914 sq km in 2001 and to 2122.421 sq km in 2012.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.