AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 21 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 21, 2018, Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe flagged off an expanded emergency ambulance service, supported by the Indian government. India has given a grant of _____ for the country-wide expansion of the ambulance service?
1.USD 22.8 million
2.USD 35 million
3.USD 50 million
4.USD 60 million
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.USD 22.8 million
In the first phase 88 ambulances have been purchased for two provinces and 209 ambulances for all districts in the country. This is the largest Indian grant project in Sri Lanka after Indian housing project. The grant covers training of manpower in India and meeting operational costs for one year.
- On July 21, 2018, the Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh launched the Student Police Cadet (SPC) Programme nationally. As per this programme, each school will be handed _____ for educational aids, training and contingency?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs.50,000
Total cost of the programme is Rs.67 crore where each school will be handed Rs.50,000 for educational aids, training and contingency. The programme focuses on students of class 8 & 9. It covers two kinds of topic: Crime prevention and control and Values and ethics. Under Crime prevention and control key areas are: Community Policing, Road Safety, Fight against Social Evils, Safety of Women & Children, Fight against Corruption and Disaster Management.
- On July 21, 2018, where did the 7th Annual General Body Meeting of Indian Trust for Rural Heritage and Development (ITRHD) take place?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
This meeting was aimed at recognizing efforts of preservation of Indian Heritage and Culture in Rural India and working in about 7 states of India by ITRHD. ITRHD is an NGO who has done conservational work on 17th -19th century village of terracotta temples, Maluti, dumka, in Jharkand, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. The project involved conserving 62 temples of the 108 temples. The project costed about Rupees 6.57 Crores.
- On July 21, 2018, Scientists from International Union of Geological Science (IUGS) have classified a new chapter in Earth’s history as the ______ Age?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Meghalayan
This contains 4200 years of history and climatic events suggesting a drought of 200 years that ruined civilizations from Egypt to China. These caused human migrations in Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Mesopotamia, Greece, Indus valley and Yangtze river valley. The reason is thought to be due to shifts in ocean and atmospheric circulation. The changes has been uncovered from a stalagmite from a cave in Meghalaya hence the period has been named on the region.
- On July 21, 2018, West Bengal government signed an agreement to implement the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission with the _____?
1.National Health Agency (NHA)
2.National Health Association (NHA)
3.Indian Medical Association (IMA)
4.Indian Health Association (IHA)
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.National Health Agency (NHA)
On July 21, 2018, West Bengal government signed an agreement to implement the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission with the National Health Agency (NHA). West Bengal health department principal secretary Anil Verma signed this agreement. According to this, the scheme would be implemented through a “mixed mode” of third-party insurance and state-run trust, Indu Bhushan. Also under this, the state government would expand the number of beneficiaries under its existing health scheme to more than 11 million families.
- On July 21, 2018, which state government has set a 24-hour helpline to assist and protect inter-caste couples?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Tamil Nadu
On July 21, 2018, The Tamil Nadu government has set a 24-hour helpline to assist and protect inter-caste couples. A special cell has been formed in all districts and cities in the state, comprising district-level officers to receive complaints of harassment. There is an online complaint registration facility in both the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems and mobile app for citizens. This has been done to eradicate ‘honour killing’ completely.
- Which state government has approved implementation of Market Intervention Scheme (MIS) for procurement of apple?
4.Jammu and Kashmir
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Himachal Pradesh
The MIS will be executed for procurement of 2,29,136 metric tonnes apple. The price for this has been fixed at Rs 7.50 per kg. The handling charges will be Rs 2.75 per kg and assumed sale realisation will be Rs 3.50 per kg. Through this scheme, 279 procurement centres will be opened according to the demand of apple growers. Apples will be procured in 35 kilo gunny bags with 2.5 % more fruits in view of evapotranspiration and respiration losses.
- On 20th July 2018, the 7 day long “Kharchi Puja” began at Puran Habeli, in ____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Tripura
Kharchi Puja is an annual festival to cleanse the sins of mortal souls. It was originally a Hindu tribal festival. Now it is observed by all communities and religion. It features 14 deities: Shiva, Durga, Vishnu, Laxmi, Saraswati, Kartik, Ganesha, Brahma, Abadhi (God of water), Chandra, Ganga, Agni, Kamdev and Himadri (Himalaya). Kharchi Puja started with a procession. The deities and priests were escorted by the Tripura Police personnel. A guard of honour was presented for the chief royal priest known as “Raj Chantaia”.
- Which state police has decided to hire digital volunteers to control the issue of rumors and eliminate illegal activities?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh police will hire 250 digital volunteers at each of the 1,469 police stations to control mob lynching like incidents triggered by circulation of fake news on social media. According to Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) OP Singh, UP police, having 4,41,000 Twitter followers, is the most active on social media.
- Which city has launched ‘Walking Action Plan’ to become the world’s most walkable city in the world?
1.New York, United States
2.New Delhi, India
3.London, United Kingdom
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.London, United Kingdom
London’s Walking Action Plan aims to enhance health and reduce air pollution in London which houses 8.8 million people by making streets more pedestrian friendly. This plan is part of a wider strategy for 80% of all trips to be made on foot, bicycle or public transport by 2041. People who walk or cycle to work have much lesser risk of death due to heart disease or stroke, compared to those who commute by car. According to the World Health Organization, over 92% of the world’s population live in places where air pollution levels are beyond safe limits.
- On July 21, 2018, which country joined International Solar Alliance (ISA) and became the 68th member of the association?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Myanmar
On July 21, 2018, Myanmar, after joining International Solar Alliance (ISA) ,became the 68th member of the association. The ISA Framework Agreement was signed by Myanmar Minister for International Cooperation Kyaw Tin at the Delhi Dialogue in New Delhi.
- On July 21, 2018, _____ signed an MOU with Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation (UPPCL) for energy efficiency?
1.Power Grid Corporation of India
2.Energy Efficiency Services Limited
3.National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
4.Neyveli Lignite Corporation
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Power Grid Corporation of India
This includes replacement of agriculture pump sets in East and South DISCOMs of UP. Investment of about Rs 2,200 to 2,500 crore in these projects by POWERGRID. Thus POWERGRID will act as an investor and a Project Management Consultant (PMC) to this project.
- On 19th July 2018, who was appointed the executive director of National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Arman Ali
Arman Ali will take charge as executive director of NCPEDP on 1st October 2018. Javed Abidi, who was the director of the NCPEDP, died on 4th March 2018 following a chest infection. He was 53 years old. Arman Ali’s appointment was announced at a National Disability Consultation on the Rights of Persons with Disability. Representatives from 23 states and 2 Union territories participated in the event. Arman Ali is the executive director of Shishu Sarothi from 2009. Shishu Sarothi is the Centre for Rehabilitation and Training for Multiple Disability.
- On July 21, 2018, which space agency launched an online toolkit “Remote Sensing Toolkit” to help users analyze satellite data?
1.Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
2.National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3.China National Space Administration (CNSA)
4.Roscosmos State Corporation for Space Activities
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
It provides a simple system that quickly identifies relevant sources based on user input. It can be used in the areas of : research, business projects or conservation efforts. The toolkit has ready-to-use tools and code to build new tools. Through its constellation of Earth observation satellites, NASA collects petabytes of data each year.
- On 21st July 2018, National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) launched the Centre for Climate Change in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Lucknow
The National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development said that it will extend professional support to stakeholders for designing climate related projects and take up collaborative studies and action research projects in area of climate change. It would also support capacity building and project preparation effort in developing countries in the region as also in Africa.
- On 20th July 2018, who became the first Pakistan cricketer to score a double century in one-day internationals?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Fakhar Zaman
Fakhar Zaman became the first Pakistan cricketer to score a double century in one-day internationals. Fakhar Zaman achieved the feat during the fourth ODI against Zimbabwe at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo on Friday. The Pakistan left-hander is the sixth international cricketer to cross the 200-run mark in ODIs. Apart from Fakhar Zaman, India’s Rohit Sharma, New Zealand’s Martin Guptill, India’s Virender Sehwag, West Indies’ Chris Gayle and India batting legend Sachin Tendulkar have reached the landmark score.
- On 29th June 2018, Anthony Ray passed away at the age of 80 in Saco, Maine. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Film Producer
Oscar-nominated producer and son of director Nicholas Ray, Anthony Ray passed away at the age of 80. Ray’s family informed that the actor-producer died on June 29 in Saco, Maine, confirmed The Hollywood Reporter. Ray appeared on Broadway in the Elia Kazan and William Inge drama ‘The Dark at the Top of the Stairs’.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is Shani Shingnapur Nevasa temple located?Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
- What is the tag line of Dhanlaxmi Bank?Tann. Mann. Dhan
- Where is Clouded Leopard National Park located?Tripura
- Where is the headquarters of International Union of Geological Science (IUGS) located?Beijing, China
- Where is the headquarters of UN Environment Programme?Nairobi, Kenya