AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 21 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 21, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley formally launched Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY), a pension scheme exclusively for senior citizens (60 years and above) with ____% fixed rate of interest on their savings.
5.11%Answer – 2.8%
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India which has been given the sole privilege to operate this scheme started offering the scheme from May 4, 2017. The scheme will remain open till May 3, 2018. It can be purchased offline as well as online through Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India.
- A landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal between India and which country came in to force on July 20, 2017?
5.UKAnswer – 1.JapanExplanation :
A landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal between India and Japan that provides for collaboration between their industries in the field came into force on July 20, 2017, eight months after it was sealed. Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar and Japanese Ambassador Kenji Hiramatsu exchanged diplomatic notes, marking operationalisation of the pact.
- On July 21, 2017, Uttar Pradesh Assembly adopted two resolutions on naming the airport terminals of which two cities?
1.Kanpur and Lucknow
2.Lucknow and Bareilly
3.Kanpur and Meerut
4.Kanpur and Bareilly
5.Meerut and BareillyAnswer – 4.Kanpur and Bareilly
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly adopted two resolutions on naming the civil terminals of the Kanpur and Bareilly airports after freedom fighter Ganesh Shanker Vidyarthi and as Nath Nagri respectively. The resolutions were moved by UP Minister for Civil Aviation Nand Gopal Gupta.
- On July 20, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 200th anniversary celebrations of the Paika Rebellion which broke out in 1817 in:
5.OdishaAnswer – 5.Odisha
President congratulated the people of the country and especially those of Odisha on the occasion. He stated that 40 years before the revolt of 1857, a battle was fought under the leadership of Baxi Jagabandhu of Odisha. Many scholars, researchers and historians have opined that the Paika Rebellion of 1817 was India’s first organized armed rebellion against British Raj.
- Which State Government has targeted planting over eight crore saplings by the end of August 2017?
5.HaryanaAnswer – 1.Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh Government has targeted planting over eight crore saplings by the end of August this year. Announcing this, chief minister Raman Singh has called for active participation of people in the ‘Hariyar Chhattisgarh’ campaign.
- On July 19, 2017, who among the following presented India’s ‘Voluntary National Review Report on Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals’ to the United Nations (UN)?
1.President Pranab Mukherjee
2.Vice President Hamid Ansari
3.NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya
4.Prime Minister Narendra Modi
5.Health Minister J P NaddaAnswer – 3.NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya
The report details various measures and programmes being implemented across India towards achieving the core objectives of the 17 ambitious global goals, including poverty eradication, economic growth, ending hunger and achieving food security, gender equality, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and climate action.
- As per World Health Organization (WHO) Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic, 2017, currently, about ____% of the world’s population are covered by at least one comprehensive tobacco control measure.
5.68%Answer – 4.63%
As per the report, Nepal, India and the Philippines are among countries that conducted WHO-backed initiatives to monitor tobacco use and then implemented measures to protect people from tobacco. India launched a nationwide tobacco cessation programme and toll-free quit line in 2016 after conducting a “global adult tobacco survey” in 2009–10 that revealed high interest among almost 1 in 2 smokers and users of smokeless products to quit eventually.
- On July 20, 2017, markets regulator SEBI entered into a pact with which entity for exchange of information concerning Central Counter parties (CCPs)?
1.European Securities and Markets Authority
2.North American Securities and Markets Authority
3.South American Securities and Markets Authority
4.Australian Securities and Markets Authority
5.African Securities and Markets AuthorityAnswer – 1.European Securities and Markets Authority
Central counterparties are entities that help facilitate clearing and settlement activities. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and European Securities and Markets Authority under the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
- On July 21, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley released the NTFAP which aims to transform cross border clearance ecosystem through efficient, transparent, risk based, coordinated, digital, seamless and technology driven procedures. Abbreviation NTFAP stands for:
1.National Transaction Facilitation Action Plan
2.National Trade Facilitation Authority Plan
3.National Trade Facilitation Action Plan
4.National Transaction Facilitation Authority Plan
5.National Trade Facilitation Agency PlanAnswer – 3.National Trade Facilitation Action Plan
On July 21, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley released the National Trade Facilitation Action Plan (NTFAP) and said WTO-Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) coming into force on February 22, 2017 was a major milestone for the global trading system. He also added that India looks forward to ensuring compliance with the TFA
- The Indian Army has signed a MoU with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to raise one regiment of the advanced Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles (MRSAM). The MRSAM will be jointly developed by DRDO and:
1.Russian Aerospace Industries (RAI)
2.French Aerospace Industries (FAI)
3.British Aerospace Industries (BAI)
4.Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)
5.Japanese Aerospace Industries (JAI)Answer – 4.Israel Aerospace Industries
IAI and DRDO have already conducted three flight tests of the MRSAM at the integrated test range off the Odisha Coast. The missile successfully intercepted moving aerial targets in all three tests. The MRSAM is a land-based variant of the long-range surface-to-air missile (LRSAM) or Barak-8 naval air defence system, which is designed to operate from naval vessels.
- Shanmugh Natarajan has been appointed as the Managing Director of which company’s Indian operations?
5.AppleAnswer – 1.Adobe Systems
Natarajan, who was formerly the Executive Director, will continue to lead Adobe operations in India, in addition to his ongoing responsibility as Vice President, Engineering, Digital Media at Adobe.
- Who among the following is set to take charge of the UK India Business Council (UKIBC), the London-based NGO promoting India-UK trade ties?
5.Lord DuncanAnswer – 2.Lord Davis
Former UK Minster, Davies will take over his new post from September 1 when another former UK commerce minister Patricia Hewitt steps down as chair of UKIBC after eight years in the post.
- Three space-based observatories Astrosat, Chandra, Hubble Space Telescope and a ground-based observatory HARPS have simultaneously detected a massive coronal explosion on which star?
5.MercuryAnswer – 3.‘Proxima Centauri’
The chance detection on May 31 this year came during a planned joint multi-wavelength simultaneous observational campaign by these observatories studying the ‘Proxima Centauri’ group of stars which hosts an Earth-like habitable planet — Proxima Centaur b — orbiting within (Proxima Centauri) its habitable zone.
- The second of the eight Mark IV LCU vessels, built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE), Kolkata, was formally handed over to the Indian Navy at a ceremony in Kolkata on July 20, 2017. Abbreviation LCU stands for:
1.Landing Cruise Utility
2.Lifting Circuit Utility
3.Lifting Craft Utility
4.Landing Craft Utility
5.Landing Circuit UtilityAnswer – 4.Landing Craft Utility
The LCU Mark IV ship is designed for multipurpose amphibious operations. It was handed over by Rear Admiral V K Saxena, IN (Retd) CMD, GRSE, to the Commanding Officer of the ship Cdr Kaushik Chatterjee.
- Which Russian city has been selected to host the 2022 World Short Course Swimming Championships?
5.VolgogradAnswer – 2.Kazan
Russia and Hungary will host two future editions of the world championships in short-course swimming. As announced by Swimming’s world governing body, FINA, Kazan will host in 2022 and Budapest in 2024. They beat bids from Hong Kong and Taipei City.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.