AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs quiz July 13 to achieve more marks in Banking , insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT ,railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- On July 11, 2017, which country hosted a major international summit on family planning, in partnership with UN Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation?
5.AustraliaAnswer – 2.UK
The Summit brought together leaders from around the world to work together to remove barriers to family planning services so that voluntary, modern contraception can be offered to many more millions of women in the world’s poorest countries across Africa and Asia.
- Speaking at the launch of ‘National Strategic Plan for Malaria Elimination (2017-22)’, Union Health Minister J P Nadda said that the government would like to eliminate malaria by:
5.2019Answer – 1.2027
On July 12, 2017, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda, launched the National Strategic Plan for Malaria Elimination (2017-22) at a function in New Delhi. The Strategic Plan gives year wise elimination targets in various parts of the country depending upon the endemicity of malaria in the next 5 years.
- Which among the following has become the first state in the country to bring a law making social boycott a crime?
5.KarnatakaAnswer – 3.Maharashtra
President of India has given assent to the Maharashtra Prohibition of People from Social Boycott (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2016. Maharashtra has thus become the first state in the country to bring a law making social boycott a crime.
- The Centre has given Army vice-chief ___________, full financial powers to procure critical ammunition and spares to maintain an optimum level to fight a short intense war.
5.Sarath ChandAnswer – 5.Sarath Chand
This major decision means procurement process of such ammunition and equipment that would take months would be completed much faster. The procurement of critical ammunition will be done for most of 46 types of ammunition the Army uses.
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India will establish India’s first Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) in which state?
5.JharkhandAnswer – 1.Punjab
On July 13, 2017, the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India, signed an Institutional agreement with the Punjab State Council of Science and Technology in New Delhi to establish India’s first Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) at Patent Information Centre, Punjab, under the World Intellectual Property Organization’s (WIPO) TISC program
- India’s first high-speed rail training centre will be set up at:
5.Vadodara, GujaratAnswer – 2.Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Being constructed over railway land measuring 4,400 metres at an estimated cost of Rs 600 crore, the training centre will have a sample track fitted with the overhead electrical systems to enable testing of bullet trains that will run on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route.
- Which State and Union Territory have been granted exemption from Supreme court’s ban on sale of liquor within 500 metres of National and State Highways?
1.Arunachal Pradesh and Chandigarh
2.Tripura and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
3.Arunachal Pradesh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
4.Tripura and Chandigarh
5.Tripura and LakshadweepAnswer –3.Arunachal Pradesh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Arunachal Pradesh argued that it had lost 50% of its revenue following the December 15, 2016 ban, earmarking 500 metres alongside highways as liquor-free zones. The State said 80% of its roads are national highways. A Bench led by Chief Justice of India J.S. Khehar took note of the geographical quirks of Arunachal Pradesh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and concluded that they deserved parity with Sikkim and Meghalaya
- 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC) International Conference was held from 9th to 12thJuly, 2017 in:
5.Moscow, RussiaAnswer – 4.Istanbul, Turkey
Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan visited Istanbul in Turkey from 9th to 12th July, 2017 to represent India at the 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC) International Conference. Theme for 22nd World Petroleum Congress was ‘Bridges To Our energy Future’.
- India has granted financial assistance of $500,000 to which country for fighting against IS-affiliated terror groups?
5.LaosAnswer – 1.Philipines
India has rushed financial assistance of $500,000 to the Philippines as it battles IS-affiliated terror groups in the city of Marawi, 800km south of Manila, in the troubled Mindanao province. Intended for relief and rehabilitation, it is the first time India is sending aid to another country to save itself from deadly terror groups.
- Which among the following has become world’s 24th country to legalize Gay Marriage?
5.PolandAnswer – 2.Malta
Malta parliament voted to allow same-sex couples to marry on 12th of July 2017. The vote was one of Prime Minister Joseph Muscat’s first actions following his election victory last month.
- A Model United Nations (MUN) Regional Conference is being held from July 10, 2017 in:
4.Colombo, Sri Lanka
5.Islamabad, PakistanAnswer – 3.Kathmandu, NepalExplanation :
A Model United Nations (MUN) Regional Conference is being held from July 10, 2017 at Kathmandu, Nepal. The conference will conclude on July 14, 2017. Model United Nations, is an educational simulation activity in which students can learn about diplomacy,international relations, and the United Nations.
- According to the NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, which among the followingare the three best-performing states in “ease of doing business”?
1.Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka
2.Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Gujarat
3.Maharashtra, Telangana and Gujarat
4.Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Gujarat
5.Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and GujaratAnswer – 4.Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Gujarat
NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Gujarat are the three best-performing states in “ease of doing business”. Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Assam are included worst in the rankings. The rankings are based on key development and social indicators across states and union territories.
- Which among the following company has entered into a partnership with The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) to explore collaboration opportunities for solar rooftop, electric vehicles, energy storage systems, energy efficiency and smart grid technologies?
1.BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd
2.Indraprasth Gas Ltd.
3.Mahanagar Gas Ltd.
4.Rajdhani Daurya Urja Ltd.
5.Delhi Solar Power Ltd.Answer – 1.BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd
The collaboration will foster path breaking research and explore newer collaboration opportunities in the domain of emerging technologies. This will also provide impetus in rooftop PV sector in NCT of Delhi by mitigating challenges faced by discoms
- Who among the following has been named as the brand ambassador of the Indian Indoor Cricket Team?
5.Ravi ShastriAnswer – 3.Sandeep Patil
Sandeep Patil, a member of the 1983 World Cup-winning squad, will be the face of the team in the lead-up to the 10th edition of the World Indoor Cricket Federation (WICF) World Cup, to be held from September 16-23 at the Insportz Club in Dubai.
- Which country has appointed a female CEO to lead its national airline, for the first time since its inception in the 1940s?
5.IranAnswer – 5.Iran
Farzaneh Sharafbafi will be replacing Farhad Parvareshas the CEO of Iran Air. She is also the first Iranian woman to hold a PhD in aerospace engineering, and will be the first-ever woman to head the national flag carrier.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)?
1.Justice Vikramajit Sen
2.Justice Vijay Mathur
3.Justice Pankaj Lodha
4.Justice Manoj Jain
5.Justice Shankar RawalAnswer – 1.Justice Vikramajit Sen
The Board of Directors of Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) has appointed former Supreme Court judge, Justice Vikramajit Sen, as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC). Justice Vikramajit Sen will hold the position for the next three years.
- Which among the following company has acquired Bangalore-based artificial intelligence (AI) firm Halli Labs for an undisclosed sum?
5.IBMAnswer – 2.Google
Halli Labs, the firm which was co-founded by former chief technology officer of now defunct Stayzilla, Pankaj Gupta, announced the acquisition in a blogpost on July 11, 2017. The firm becomes the latest AI start up to be acquired by Google after a spate of similar acquisitions by firms such as Microsoft, Facebook, Apple among others.
- Which country has shot down a simulated, incoming intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) similar to the ones being developed by countries like North Korea, in a new test of the nation’s THAAD missile defenses?
5.IndonesiaAnswer – 3.US
Planned months ago, the U.S. missile defense test over the Pacific Ocean has gained significance after NorthKorea’s July 4 launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) heightened concerns about the threat from Pyongyang
- On July 13, 2017, the National Green Tribunal declared the area of _____ metres from the edge of the river Ganga as a ‘no-development zone’ in the stretch between Haridwar to Unnao.
5.100 metresAnswer – 1.100 metres
On July 13, 2017, the National Green Tribunal declared the area of 100 metres from the edge of the river Ganga as a ‘no-development zone’ in the stretch between Haridwar to Unnao. NGT has prohibited the dumping of waste within 500 metres from the river. NGT has also declared that an environment compensation of Rs. 50,000 will be imposed on anyone who dumps waste in the Ganga River
- On July 12, 2017, which India Women Cricketer scripted history as she became the all-time leading run-getter in women’s one-day internationals (ODI)?
5.Harmanpreet KaurAnswer – 3.Mithali Raj
Mithali, who is leading India at the ICC Women’s World Cup in England, overtook Charlotte Edwards (5992 runs) after scoring her 34th run against Australia in Bristol. She reached the landmark in her 183rd ODI, taking 164 innings – 16 less than Charlotte.
- Which country will host International Theatre Olympics in 2018 for the first time?
5.MyanmarAnswer – 2.India
The 51-day carnival of theatre, beginning February 17 next year, will simultaneously be held in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai and 10 other cities across India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the mega international event in Delhi, while the President of India will conclude it in Mumbai on April 8, 2018.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Dalhousie…Through My Eyes’?
5.Jayant DeshpandeAnswer – 1.Kiran Chadha
Endowed with historical information and lavish images, a coffee-table book on Dalhousie was released by Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy on July 12, 2017. The book ‘Dalhousie…Through My Eyes’, has been authored by retired civil servant Kiran Chadha.
Thanks for choosing AffairsCloud. If you like our services, kindly suggest our site AffairsCloud.com to all your aspirant friends.